Coal Mine occupancy slots not registering in employment ledger

Hi,

My Coal Mine is not working because no employees can be assigned to the mine.

Opening up slots in the mine works normally, but they’re perpetually empty because I’m unable to assign employees to them. Looking at the employee ledger, the coal mine’s slots are not affecting it because the ledger’s Miner profession never changes.

• My newly built, adjacent Iron mine does not have this problem and functions totally normally.
  • Closing all miner professions slots in the employment ledger and re-opening them has no effect on the coal mine
  • rebuilding the coal mine has no effect.

Attaching save:

Best regards,

Will

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Have you built an ordinary coal mine on a infitinite coal deposit? If it’s infinite the figures show as 00/00; use the F4 key to see resource amounts.

Thanks!

Coal amounts are normal, current issue is with worker assignment 0/X and not resource extraction.

Will also need the .map file to load your save.

Am including some additional context, been a decade or two since I’ve used forums…

Above, we see that the coal mine has 8 open slots, but no workers are working. “You gotta assign them in the employee ledger though, you’ve merely opened slots but may need to re-assign laborers into miners”

Continued in next post due to embed limits…

Above you see the miners are still showing 6/6, where I’d be expecting 6/14 - 6 from the existing miners (4 clay and 2 iron), +8 from the newly opened slots from the coal mine.

Also uploading the map file, first time submitter.

You have a production limit set on coal.

How embarrassing.

Thank you very much for your help!

Perhaps a hint in the PRODUCTION HALTED, and/or employment ledger UI indicating that currently open slots are vacant due to production limits in place would prevent future idiocy as mine?