Cold Cadence report

Here is the Blademaster I managed to put together:

I tried to make it as realistic as possible (double-rare spectral sword could be at least vendored farmed before latest changes) but it’s still pretty tough to put together.

Results:

My best run out of 5 runs. Died few times. Overall, decent melee, but loses to most cold AA Nightblades.

Defenses are a bit lackluster, I had to band-aid two of Vitality suffixes to make it somewhat tanky ish. It’s very hard to stack armor despite having Soldier: Field Command has been nerfed and there is frankly no points on it (it became pretty marginal investment after nerf). Build has 24% phys res 2600 armor. Leech is still inconsistent.

Suggestions

• Cold and Elemental Cadence needs more items with +Deadly Momentum and +Cadence and plus targets to Cadence
  • Core skill is still lacking
7 Likes

Time for an additional data point: Ranged Cold Cadence

This was the Old Silverbolt Cold Cadence Tactician I’ve made years ago, but with improvements to the pistols, DW Cold Cadence is simply better (and yes, I made sure to remove Kraken and the other 2H required nodes). I went through SR80-81 and it’s… okay? Let’s say okay. (Note that I have roughly 100 more OA in-game than it shows in Grimtools, so my Crit chances are decent enough to proc Blizzard).

Mind you, this is using near-impossible double-rare items, and while the offenses are alright, the defenses are… yikes. Facing Iron Maiden in SR requires masterful use of Ghoul proc + healing potion, any enemy that reduces your max Health is a terror (Shattered Outcast… yikes), and CC effects like Petrify ka-blam you before you recognize what you’ve been hit with and wondering why your leech is so terrible.

All in all, the fact I was able to get loot in SR 80-81 shows that’s it’s doing an alright job, but it can definitely use some love defensively.

1 Like