Cold/frostburn 2H ABB spellbreaker

incorruptible gollu, and stonehide crafted boots, stonehide solael pants
if you dont have the MI i use, youcan go for wraithborne legs, lifegiver ring, cronley rings with resists works too, as i said the greens i use are for resists (also hp and OA), another option would be back star of deceit
again as i said in first post, capping res aint absolutely needed, you can still use potion for aether for example if running valbury

I’ve a very similar build but I’m using 4pc Iskandra set instead.
Too bad ABB’s cooldown can’t be be reduced further below 1 sec.

Nice update bro,almost bosses and nemesis die within 12s Icechill activate, they freeze all the time :smiley: And I check top crit, over 200k crit damage, awesome build :wink:

thanks for the nice words, glad youre enjoying it !

I must be missing something… can everyone tell what the gear is by looking at the pictures?

I can’t see the usual section of the guide where the gear is listed, usually as a set of links to an item DB somewhere.

It warms my heart to see a 2H Blade Burst build. I tried one (but with a Blademaster) and gave up on it because it was too weak. Now that Alkamos has that new legnedary I might have to revisit it.

gonna update first post, will be up soon

thanks for the nice wwords, i hope this one may give you some ideas

ps: gear updated on first post, didnt done at first since i thought pics would be enough and since we may not have same rolls on the MIs and boots.

Wow. I was wondering recently if making a melee 2H around ABB was possible, seems like it is. I was considering Leviathan though.

So, what’s your weapon DPS? Your tooltip shows only ABB DPS, but it’s not like you don’t hit in-between. A sum of ABB DPS and your weapon DPS with Lethal Assault on would more or less show your real DPS. My guess it’s around 45k.

Also, why not MSP? Your hp is only 9k, so having at least 3 points in MSP will give you roughtly 11% extra effective HP.

well because i dont feel like i need more HP, being on the edge isnt a “con” to me (if its possible to stay alive without major issues of course), gameplay is dynamic and pretty fast and i like that, pure personal tastes here.

you can change lots of things in this build keeping it as good.
for example mark of divinity is a good option, Maiven also, why not OFFi guess, same goes for gearing, could use some DM set pieces, and winter crown, new alkamos rings etc
Same goes for devotion, youre not forced to take both whirlpool and blizzard and go on more defensive set up and it would work justfine i believe. atm i dropped kraken (explainations just under) and went for Chariot (could take behemoth aswell), also dropped falcon for spider and wolverine; meaning with PB up i have bit more than 2.2DA (2.4 with chariot proc), with ABB and BoM proc i get +2.9 OA. with this set up ihave less than 9k HP and im doing just fine, again some wont like this way.

Didnt show weapon dps cause i basicly dont use it, basicly i just use the three skills, as said in first post, using one of each is more than enoughto clear a pack, and/or heroes; if not frostburn will do his work (dot can go up to 100k, even 150k), and on bigger encounters i just repeat it, i dont hold LMB basicly.

In conclusion, id say you can really change things around according to your personal tastes and depending on the gear you have / wanna use thats why i didnt posted a specific detailed gear set up at first, also everyone know you wont get same rolls on greens and MIs

Didnt show weapon dps cause i basicly dont use it, basicly i just use the three skills, as said in first post, using one of each is more than enoughto clear a pack, and/or heroes; if not frostburn will do his work (dot can go up to 100k, even 150k), and on bigger encounters i just repeat it, i dont hold LMB basicly.

So it’s pretty much a DoT hit-and-run build?

yes and no, yes dot and high mobility but doesnt mean you have to run away and disengage to stay alive, you can facetank madqueen (without freeze from night embrace) using mirror and blade trap, sometimes she will die before you have to use it. Same goes for fabius, and maiden.
Mean you can totaly go for peerless amulet also, as i did in first place.

I’d be interested in the answer to this as well.

Is it as simple as SS at max level adds more weapon damage % and more flat cold damage?

BTW - do the mobs hit by Nightfall’s 5m radius also get the damage from SS? Or just the damage listed in the Nightfall skill?

Interesting build! New player here and I wonder how do you level up this build? Do you start as a 2hander straight away or respec it to 2hander when you reach 75? Id love to try this build but kinda intrigued with the levelling stage.

well first, thanks ! well im not sure about telling you a specific way of leveling, aint that good at this, still i think you shouldnt start as 2h, especially if youre new to the game, the both class dont offer bonuses to 2h so i would advice you to go nightblade dual wield in first place.

you can follow the skills of the build to level, adding sphere of protection, and for sure taking a more defensive devotion.

Also i have to say that even if this build isnt so much gear dependent, i wont say its “noob friendly” either

Are you still using Kraken or did you switch to Chariot? Can you link it please with your current devotion setup? Thanks.

I have another question. Since this build is using a 2hand sword, why not pair it up with shaman?

Nevertheless, It is still an interesting build tho :slight_smile: i really appreciate the time you’ve spent for writing down this guide.

Thats a good question, yes shaman is sure the best class for 2h with savagery;
but i went on nightblade and arcanist to max cold and frostburn damage output, again this build doesnt have auto attack, aka you dont hold LMB playing it.

currently using this devotion

you should have under 9k HP with this one,
so i said if you want to be more tanky, take behemoth and mark of divinity

I have a question regarding the devotions.
You have invested in Hammer (tier 1 ascendant) but I think Owl (take 1 out of the crossroads) would be better. Why did you choose that instead? :confused: