Cold fw battlemage upd. 18.03.22 (see first post for more information)

prolly just a feelin’

looks like game has diminishing returns becouse +50% to pierce give nemesis more dmg then +50% to cold (with already +1000+%to cold) with 27% pierce to cold conv
maybe aim wrong

im trying cold wave build with nemesis and some pets for sword and still loking for pets from items (currently on elite hc 84lvl)

How did you even measure that? :thinking: And no, the game doesn’t give you less absolute value of damage for 50% damage the more %damage if you have.

just staying afk and watching on dmg from nem

my currently build atm

50% damage when you have i.e. 1500% damage is only about 3% difference which is hard to notice.
To find an error in game mechanics I’d mod Nemesis to have constant damage values so that I could show clearly it’s calculated incorrectly by having constant numbers on the dummy.

ok will try later on dummy
hope you dont have facepalm from my build))

You seem to be having fun experimenting on your own so I’m not getting into details of your build.

I change my mind about pet build, will focus on alkamos rings (slready have one),silver guardian set and soulrend
but nem still inlcuded I like her, she proc blizzard (also her minus OD proc on bosses)
no changes in skills and stats, soulrend should help maul deal more dmg and ll

probably later I should think about OA but i still didint start inner focus. will do it last

could i get soulrend on 85 lvl? elite hc
all right first try)

I’m not sure about the difficulty, should be ok, but I wouldn’t farm it on 85 because then Alkamos can only drop the lower level version of the weapon which is not a good time investment to farm since it’s pretty rare - 8% drop rate.

I’d farm on level 96 at least then Alkamos only drops the highest level variants of his legendary scythe and rings. Normally I keep the farming to minimum till I’m 100 level.

now Battlemage, Level 86 (GD 1.1.9.4) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Did you get it on your first try? It was worth it then :wink:

yes. first try
forgot to use buff on weapon Battlemage, Level 86 (GD 1.1.9.4) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
nvm calc didnt calc it and ofc all res over maxed. also alkamos set and nem kind of scale becouse of conversion (sorry for my bad english)

The weapon doesn’t give any buffs.

you’re using items that don’t give you bonus soldier or arcanist skills

devotion maul got buff, didnt it?

I feel i can do ultimate difficulity with no problem on hc, its just ssf first hero
firstly i want 50/50 cold phys build but then change my mind to almost cold without olexra and mageslayer set
also I dont need +arcanist skills (for +10%cold dmg meh) only +soldier
currently using elemental balance set

I want to build with silver guardian set + unique alkamos set+soulrend +nemesida
maul on main atack (forwave), blizzard on nemesida + healing rain for safe

the only question does ll from weapon and maul stack?
or maul ll only for maul dmg? ( I feel like it should be that)

If you mean the physical damage, it’s the damage Maul deals, not a buff to your character.
I thought you meant something related to Soulrend.

This. It would be to OP if it worked for anything other than Maul.

anyway I got buff from soulrend for maul 50phys (soulrend)+10phys(craft)+15phys(starpact)> cold conversion for currently 1550 dmg from maul buffed by +1500% to global cold damage should be around 17000 pure cold dmg ( we dont count mobs resists and spirit) )
only quesion this add to main atack (forcwave) or replace it?

or my count with conversions is incorrect?

if you want to go to cold damage there are better devotions than maul

1 Like

for example?
I like my tree, even if it first try in this game
I have bottle that roll to zero devotions

also that forum didnt have any cold forcewave battlemage. (even with mageslayer set)