Cold Ranged Purifier - almost there!

So with this change but honestly with this change (because graphics are still old fire Fire Strike):

I decided to give Cold Gunslinger Purifier a chance, a pretty exotic archetype that has very little direct support despite class synergies being there. Now with added flat from Temper and Steel Resolve it packs a little punch. However the punch is still not enough. Here are the Grimtools:

And here is its performance at 75th Shard:

As you can see it struggles a lot versus resistant enemies. Also important skill points like Brimstone are nowhere to be found. Moreover, build has to use Nightblade’s Alkamos rings to reach 50% Pierce to Cold conversion.

I think there are few changes that could help this build:

- Add 100% Pierce to Cold to Fire Strike mod to the pistol

- Add +4 to Brimstone to each pistol

- Add that Cold Fire Strike vfx from amulet or pistol mod

Now will those big buffs make this kind of build overpowered? Most certainly not. It’s still bottlenecked by lack of gear support and lack of phys res (and the fact that Cold damage has few resistant bosses like Moosie and Kuba that Purifier has no Racial damage or additional %rr against). But it will definitely make ranged Fire Strike somewhat competitve option for play.

7 Likes

so you finally tried it before I stole it from you, lul. anyway, support everything from this thread, especially some buffs for those pistols, they’re literally craving for love.

3 Likes