Collapsible text

The problem you are having is the brackets that are still around [I clicked] in your first example:

[details="[I clicked]"]
I entered text
[/details]

Get rid of them, and…

I clicked

Abracadabra!

1 Like
Oh I see

Thanks @powbam

And how do I make them colorful without making the hidden text as colorful aswell? I can only make all same color or nothing. Also can’t make the title bold aswell.

1 Like

I went ahead and stole this real quick from this thread OP’s other new thread @Torzini . You’ll need to use html, unfortunately, instead. Might be able to do it with markup/bbcode but I’m being too lazy to screw with that at the moment :slight_smile:

<font size=5, color=#E0B0FF>
<details><summary><b>Reasoning behind the build</b>
</summary>
<font color=ddddd> <font size="3">
Look ma, no colors!
</details>

Which becomes this…

Reasoning behind the build Look ma, no colors!

It’s definitely alot more “work” but it’s what we gotta deal with to actually make some things work right.

3 Likes

I used a different method with 1 color but the arrow is not colored

Attributes powbam
<DETAILS><summary><font size=5 color=#56d054>Attributes</font></summary>
powbam
</DETAILS>

@fordprefect

2 Likes
I should save this, it's easier Thanks @tqFan but I also need the color codes I guess since I wrote ''cyan'' and this color happened :smiley:

color=ivory

These work Color Names
although I usually create a color in Paint / some website and use some converter from RGB to Hex.

1 Like

Since the topic of taking (partial) screenshots came up, I just wanna mention that Windows 10 has a built-in feature for just that.
Press the windows key (between ctrl and alt) + shift + S, that’ll bring up a toolbar at the top of the screen. You can switch between different capture methods, default is rectangular selection. Mark the area to screenshot, then hit ctrl+V to paste the selection into the forum, discord or your editor of choice.
In some games this doesn’t work however, in those rare cases I use Greenshot which is a simple (and free) tool that does the same thing.

1 Like

Nice - never even heard of that one. Bookmarked it to check it out sometime - I’m a software junkie, like to try them all.