ComboMod Testversion

that’s why it is a INTEST ;D sure it does stutter, that is a combination of too much projectiles, spawns, added fx effects and so on, no doubt, that’s why i am trying to optimize things and therefor need to know what values do, which i don’t know or never used, to get a better understanding, does not need to be careful, just need to make backups ;D and no, a reduction in overall fx and particles can be achieved with the gameengine.dbr settings according to the panic treshold, which i have tested several times without any positive effect with diverse combinations for that valuecluster :smiley: i guess, for the most part there are pretty much optimal values set onto the basegame files, ESPECIALLY according to that, which does not mean that i have the understanding and so i keep examine those :smiley:
anyways, the defense slot determines the MAX amount of enemies that can attack you or better get the playerchar into targetfocus which aims to your defenseslot, that should be pretty obvious and can easily be tested with uncle Mike or anywhere you want :slight_smile: yes, still not 100% sure what the attack slots are, its harder to test out but i think it determines a maxvalue on how much targets the player can be focused at any given time. if that’s not true, i would be happy to learn something, at anytime :slight_smile:
Peace

Howdy :slight_smile:

Quick look into one of the last testruns i did with a newly imported character, who cleared not much after import, just going to reach shard 25 in the SR and testing various things as usual. Overall performance does not seem that mega bad, but for sure needs to be adressed, especially the added Hero Archetypes, which were clearly not correctly adjusted back then with less knowledge to put an eye on performance aspects ;D already did an example adjustment for the Swift Archetype which now runs pretty much alot smoother overall, which you can see at the end of the video, or if you take a closer look while that char was sharding ;D

You will see (or even might have noticed) that the initial buff of the Headhunter mechanic DOES infact introduce a little stutter everytime the buff has been cast for the first time (not on recast XD), this will be investigated, i guess it has to do with the template which might be not the best but i could not make it work in another way, when i was trying, maybe not hard enough xD

Furthermore there will be an overhaul of the Immortal Mercs in the near future, as i have thought about them alot recently and came to the conclusion that they WILL become more “companionlike” and can be KILLED while fighting by your side, therefore with more uptime, less overall attackpower and more supportive focus only, and for sure some performance optimizations, already done for the T2 Pet Merc, who bogged the engine down to its knees for sure xD.

Another thing that already has been added and will be extended in the future, is a change to all hero creatures (at this points) which will make them “splatter/burst/gib” ALWAYS with added effects for those who did not had one already, for a more gory experience overall :smiley: this also solves some despawn issues on some mobtypes as i have seen already.

An update might be available at the start of the next week.

Happy weeked.

I swear, this F_CKING tileset is just a run killer in shattered realm. Should be removed, grrrr. I run out of time every time on this stupid tileset because its too big and the terrain is impossible to traverse

True, that maplayout is also not my fav xD but for diversity i will let it stay ;D already 2 special floors have been removed (one by Crate, one by me). Not a biggi i think :wink: Push through! xD

EDIT: i guess more hard for gamepad play as you have to deal more with wall collisions ;D

An update has been uploaded, finally basegame has been completely updated to the newest version, more fixes and additions included :slight_smile:

Highlights in this version:

• FIX + CHANGE: basegame has been updated to the newest gameversion, EXCEPTION: “Crafted consumables have been removed from the loot pool and are now only available via crafting. Some consumable blueprints have been updated.” → NOT removed from nemesis bosses and treasure troves, but lowered weights! → more “exceptions” maybe included, we will see :smiley:
  • CHANGE: playerchar (“female+malepc01.dbr”): further optimized, i hope xD → gibThreshold INCREASED to 999999 to never gib the player, removed gib effect + sound, added dyingFXPAK, removed more unneeded values, changed teleportcolor, increased outlineThickness, increased attack+defenseslots from 6 to 9 for more maximum targets at once versus enemies and against YOU ;D
  • CHANGE: Will O Wisp CM → changed template of the item to oneshot_scroll to make it viable to put onto the hotbar :slight_smile: furthermore optimized the pet itself to have more speed to follow the player around;
  • CHANGE: ComboMod Wisp Lightaura → increased from 75% to 100%;
  • NEW: consumable “Simple Torch” → “Every adventurer should have one of these!” → item to increase lightradius by 50% for 1800 seconds → can be obtained from the Devils Crossing factionvendor on friendly status;
  • CHANGE: chestloottables → “breakableloot_all_a01.dbr - breakableloot_wasp_a01.dbr” → mainly removed a few Grim Souls and adjusted a few weights! “CHEST_BOSSLOOTS”: cleaned up, removed Grim Souls and crafted potions, reduced amount of Boss Souls a bit; “CHEST_HEROLOOTS”: reduced amount of Blood Shards a bit and removed crafted potions! “chest_rottenstump_a01.dbr”: removed Grim Souls; “CHESTLOOT_ALL”: removed Grim Souls! CHESTLOOT_RACKS: removed Grim Souls!
  • CHANGE: Inventor → removed Blood Shards from Dismantling → more then enough other sources are available! increased chance to get Mysterious Ore out of both epic and legendary gearitem, furthermore CREATED and added some UNSTABLE MESS as a FAILED DISMANTLE (low chance!), to not overwhelm the player with goodies, there shall be a chance to get NOTHING aswell in my opinion ;D additionally: removed crafted potions, NO MORE endgame components on any level! added Aether Crystals to possible outcomes;
  • CHANGE: Hero Archetype Swift → overhauled for a better overall performance!
  • CHANGE: Hero Archetype Vampiric → overhauled for a better overall performance!
  • CHANGE: added more GORE to the game → “records/creatures/enemies/hero+devotion/” + normal enemies but ONLY for the zombies for now as testing! → CHANGED values → deathEffect: added where it was needed; gibEffect: added where it was needed; gibSound: added where it was needed; gibThreshold: changed ALL values to 0 to ALWAYS gib them for a gory dead;
  • CHANGE: Shatterered Realm → updated BLACKLIST + ALLOWED items! added lootchests to blacklist to NOT let them spawn in the SR which did NOT work, BUT after playing with it a while i will let this in as it was pretty much more to my liking especially while playing as a petchar :smiley: no issues so far, let’s call this a WIP!
  • CHANGE: Omega → increased chance to spawn an ONB from a boss creature! → 11% at MAX Omega Level;
  • CHANGE: Omega Script → adjusted and cleaned up a bit; new scriptfunction → GUARANTEED spawn of an ONB when clearing a Monstertotem in Elite and Ultimate Difficulty! this will make hunting for them a bit easier, especially on low Omega Levels!
  • ONB Guardian: now has the same DOME FX as the Defender Archetype, also the same radius was applied!
  • NEW: the Omega Zombiepack for additional ONB spawns has arrived at the usual places for zombies, undead and mummies;
  • Headhunter mechanic further optimized → you will encounter a small hiccup at the start of the Headhunter skillchain, on first cast, NOT on recast while active → will be investigated!
  • NEW: various new testing gearitems available at uncle Mike;
  • ADDON: GrimCam parameters adjusted to get the char a bit more “up” into the screen… → feels overall a bit better i think, also it seems those new parameters are a bit less impactful on performance as it seems… → provided the DPyes ini file with ADDITIONAL ARCHIVES;

Happy hunting :slight_smile:

Attention: the newly added “mechanic” to spawn the lootorbs from heros and bosses is not working as intended for multiplayer sessions and is introducing alot of new issues…xD it will be reverted to the old state in the next update. furthermore we noticed various things not dropping (anymore=?) for either the host or the client, and the SR extra reward Orb doesn’t seem to work anymore at all in coop, all this will be investigated! sorry if anyone experienced some issues due to that. The next update will be available at the start of next week i think.

Cheers.

EDIT1: anyone who is interested in some changes to fix coop issues can take a look at this version which we are playing atm to get rid of some (or maybe all? XD), feel free to contribute ;D

EDIT2: we’re getting there XD updated file-link again for those who are interested as usual :slight_smile: it’s initial problem with coop and functions not working was/is the scriptfunction to spawn, which has been adjusted for mp now ;D some stuff already working in coop, very happy :slight_smile:

EDIT3: testings and adjustments will take a “bit” longer then initially thought, more things working in coop, mostly unfortunatly only when the host takes the primary action on it → like Grim Souls, Bookworm Buff etc. Shattering Essences as reward are intest with a reward trove to get them, which also works, but only when host opens it. I am unsure if i can change this behavior :frowning: at least it is working a bit better now :smiley: what also will be further optimized atm are the hero archetypes, better how they are spawned. intest is a new mechanic to open a small portal for each archetype to spawn the addons from that petspawner, which seems to work pretty much alot better in terms of control over it and the performance it drains ;D adapted it from the spawnmechanic Diablo himself already has in phase 2 for spawning his shadows, looks also better overall :slight_smile: Anyway, an update will be available a bit later, i will update the MPtesters.zip file from time to time until a real udate will hit, i can’t tell you when this is but at least 1 week more testings and adjustments it will be for to make it worth it to call it an update.

An update is available again, could not hold it back :smiley: Overall performance should be a bit better i think and most of the new mechanics should work semi good now in coop aswell (let the host take the primary action always! further investigating this…xD)

Further highlights in this version:

• BIG CHANGE: ALL Archetypes have a new spawnmechanic for a better performance and a better control overall of this! → the initial is now still a monstergenerator (starts to spawn at charlevel 25 now!) but it will now ALWAYS summon a ARCHETYPE PORTAL, which releases further Archetype Addons! the portal can move and has various new mechanics onboard! this SEEMS to work ALOT better overall in terms of performance and it does also look cooler xD → 2 fx auras for the portal available, 1 can define the portal even more on a per Archertype basis, lateron!
  • CHANGE: omega_scripts.lua → optimized the main spawnfunction to work better in multiplayer;
  • CHANGE + INTEST: engine parameters accoring the panic mode and load distance have been adjusted → seems to be better but keep an eye on this for sure…! ;D → no objects should be destroyed anymore and the load distance has been decreased to get a more stable fps behaviour in the actual fight while NOT loading 150 feet away things that could drain it more then needed, hopefully :smiley:
  • CHANGE: REMOVED AND REVERTED THE LOOTORB MECHANIC!!! → this will reintroduce the lua error call for that false template again but then it is LIKE IT IS! XD seems to be the way… reason is simple: it does NOT work in multiplayer and introduces a list of bugs that i will not mess around with to force it to work even more against the global framework ;D so, no biggie, reverted to be a normal lootorb that is spawned the normal way! sidenote: a bit less loot in SR! xD
  • NEW: devotionbackground → clear background, much better visibility, pulled from this forum thread → UNKNOWN but i am pretty sure it was tqFan who posted it, so big thx goes out to him! <3
  • CHANGE + FIX: more GORE optimizations → forgot to set variable “attackDeathEffect” to TRUE for maximum blood effect (or similar) on death :slight_smile: ONLY adjusted the already adjusted creatures → heros / devotions and the common zombies! → further adjusted and optimized the given creatures → adjusted “gibThreshold” from 0 to 9 and set the variable “overkillOnDismiss” to CLEAN FIELD! the variable “ignoreDissolveDelay” has also been set to CLEAN FIELD, else death effects won’t trigger at all;
  • CHANGE + FIX: male+femalepc01.dbr: removed “inventoryFullSound” (does FIX the bug that it is called sometimes in MP for no reasons!), changed spawnEffect, ragdollPhysics set to TRUE;
  • Hero Souls + Boss Souls + Nemesis Souls now are called XXX Fragment → this solves the logic to loot more then one soul per enemy, simple :smiley:
  • CHANGE: Starterbuff is now called GRACIOUS BUFF and can still be chosen as option to speed up the levelprocess, but now it must be optained by a nearby appearing chest, this has been optimized for multiplayer and is working absolutly fine for both Host and Client even if the Client activates it! a new Token will be stored into the characters tokenlist to prevent abuse (this can be tested with uncle mike);
  • CHANGE: Omega Monsterpack - Zombies → reduced amount of spawns from initial pool a bit! → as overall spawnamount via the zombieproxies has been increased already!
  • CHANGE: Torch consumableitem: increased duration to 3600 seconds and lightradius increased from 50 to 150%!
  • CHANGE: CM Wisp “Minipet” → lightbuff → REMOVED!! ONLY experience buff from now on!
  • CHANGE + FIX: Shattered Realm → renewed KILLSTREAK equation → adapted back to basegame with slight adjustments to DECREASE it → found no other good solution for now that would work under all conditions… :frowning:
  • CHANGE + INTEST: Immortal Mercs → changed template from skill_targetedPetSpawn to skill_SpawnPet! furthermore changed all controllers to a basegame controller for TEST, mainly for COOP REASONS → totally strange behavior on CLIENTS → it does not summon (most of the time…) but falls randomly out of the pocket, mostly while infight… xDD → UNSURE ATM why it is not working correctly in MP → MUST be investigated further! maybe they need a “skilltree”? unsure…! NO issues at all in SP, obviously :smiley:
  • CHANGE: Shattered Affixes Rewards → changed template of the extrachests to FixedItemBlastContainer and adjusted the FixedItemLoot → now the Orb to get the Essences has become a Trove with a small CONVERSATION to open it and aquire the REWARD ESSENCES from this ESSENCE TROVE! this is working for multiplayer very good, but only IF THE HOST opens this trove, strangly,… → will be investigated further!
  • CHANGE: Dismantling → adjusted output again to be more fair and rewarding, but also grants the chance to get an UNSTABLE MESS which counts as a fail! :smiley:
  • CHANGE + FIX: Omega Monsterpacks → Wolves + Zombies → removed the dyingskill from the second common spawn of both packs to reduce overall performancedecrease, also optimized the first common spawns dyingskill for same reasons;
  • NEW + CHANGE: Crazy Mike → various new testfunctions;
  • NOTE: DPYES → it might happen that you encounter an overall decreased performance if u use it with GrimCam and my added settings-file, unfortunatly :frowning: will be investigated further, i guess its mainly the GrimCam settings to increase cam ranges…(SIDENOTE, just came to my mind while writing → NOT tested with newly adjusted engine parameters!.. :D)

Cheers.

1 Like

Hi there. Is It intended that Omega-Enemies give no xp at all? If so, they are a complete waste of time and xp potions in early game.

1 Like

Howdy :slight_smile: Nah not really intended, but as you mention it, that should be set and you are right. Will add some experience gain to those new enemies in the next update. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

If someone experienced “a bit” DESYNCING while going on the coop tour, we did too and were investigating this the past 2-3 days and now we narrowed it down to the proxies and their setup. Optimized that part (hopefully xD) and now it seems to be gone for 99% of the time (i give this 1% to my isp xD) → feeling like sp now while even beeing the client :smiley: very promising! we did not test SR yet, as we both got tired and need to sleep a bit xD but, very HAPPY with that, also it seems to be good to put all “buff_other” skills into the questtree xD but who should know this? even the CM Minipets and Immortal Mercs (which already have been revamped to killable NONSCALING Archetype Mercs with a straight focus on buffing and assisting the player, no more damage and beeing an uber skill that puts the player out of the focus xD) are working now in coop aswell. more changes and finishing up some parts will be done, more testings are planned and an update with all that will happen in a few days :slight_smile:

if you want to check out some things already which are done you can use this: #REMOVED#
→ check Archetype Merc T1 Cold and Fire, those are setup and GFN, for that part :slight_smile:

Update process takes a bit longer, also dont want to rush some things atm :slight_smile: running very good, just created a new scriptfunction, finally, to summon stuff at the monsters feet, aka the spawneritem coordinates. that works now finally as i had it in mind, thanks goes out to chatGPT again xD furthermore, most of the Archetype Mercs have been finalized and tested, only 3 more to have them complete → minimum damage, much more focus to support the playerchar, and foremost → it can die now :wink: looks very good overall i think, for now :smiley:
just want to revamp some of the scriptfunctions to the new setup now, already did it for Grim Souls and Bookworm Essences, which works alot better now, obviously, as it now is not spawned at the players feet anymore, yeeha :slight_smile: aiming for an update at around sunday, also such a big bunch of changes to the notesfile, again :smiley:

updated the testfile with what is already ready, in case someone wants to take a look as usual :wink:
ComboMod_cooptestingz

small sidenote: yes you will hear right, a few “new” soundeffects adapted from RoT :slight_smile:

I try to new start without buff :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Wb mate :slight_smile: Yeah that is great, awaiting some feedback as usual <3 But mate, why are you naked? ah i see, you like it raw XD Peace

small teeparty with all Archetype Mercs hanging around, nearly done :slight_smile: new testingitems available at uncle Mike as usual → https://youtu.be/mn_QHGA2ciQ → looks good so far, also way less performancedraining overall :slight_smile:

Unfortunatly not a real update now, was simply a bit too busy over the weekend, but here is what we have so far :slight_smile:ComboMod_cooptestingz a “normal” update will follow in the next days. Alot of stuff has been reworked, some stuff has been reintegrated to solve errors with new setups all around and please be aware that you will have to REAQUIRE ALL Portable NPC items and stuff, as it got an internal locationswap, last time now as i “think” im satisfied with its placement now :slight_smile: Check out the new Archetype Mercs, which have been finalized already, especially T2 looks alot better now and overall performance seems to be increased :slight_smile: Also watch out for the optimized Archetype Portal that lurks in the shadows of “most” Heroarchetypes, not finished that part of full reintegration, as the whole “creature” folder got reintegrated to get a better structured notetree on which variables exactly had changed for a faster redo at some point in the future :slight_smile: Now even more into the direction i aimed for, also BIG THX goes out to Asylum and jiaco for the greatly improved grimmestscript.lua <3

Cheers and have a good night, i need a sleeping pill now xD

Now not have more time for GD, but still waiting for your ver 1.0

someday mate :slight_smile: todolist getting bigger and bigger each day ;D

Already play 10h with all new char, drop rate and blacksmith craft better than before. and T1~T3 pet is fine now.

1 Like

Thats great to hear :slight_smile: Update process is still in progress, mainly focusing on updating the notes file atm with all the changes from the log file :slight_smile: takes a bit longer then i though and came also accross a few things that i want to have in line for the actual update. For example i stumbled over a basegame issue that got my attraction, its about some invisible gear that is given out from various mastertables on wrong charlevel and then will simply vanish after dropping, even with dropsound, and that was a bit too distracting overall, especially while trying to bring in more gore xD so that has already been fixed but still so many things to note, a few more days i think that will take for sure :slight_smile: no rush on it, also cleaning up more and more, it gets a bit light into some things :slight_smile: i guess i will update the testversion later this day again, will provide a link here as usual.
Peace

Prepatchversion is up → ComboMod_prepatchversion

I suggest to add this upcoming “Settings Addonmod” aswell to have a nice sound addition, really enjoyable :slight_smile:SETTINGS_ADDONMOD_SOUNDS

Happy testing, i guess 1-2 more days NOTES cleanups and updatings until official 0.9 :slight_smile: Already alot of fun and on a good route to 1.0 with i guess a few more masteries involved aswell, yes you heard right xD

2 Likes