Community build making challenge thread!

How much were you using the relic ability? How was it?
Vampirris is solid, but surprised you could enjoy the reap spirit angle of it. Then again reap spirit has gotten so many buffs.

Happy to hear about the above, please tell me more about its gameplay.

I still want others to make builds with the non-set shoulders. Frostdread turns out to be fine but what of the others?

Finally, if people want to have some fun, I might make a thread where a build is posted per conduit bonus we haven’t already seen.

Good to hear. I have removed Uroboruuk’s Reaping from my relic thread list. The stats on the relic aren’t quite where I hoped they’d get buffed to, but it seems it’s good enough.

And RIP reap spirit.

Like what? Most of the conduits are strictly for meme concepts. You can go fire blade arc for example. Physical retal Vines :smile:

Yup. Aether Ray too good lol.

@Nery yes like those. Trying to build around them.

I wonder if that has more to do with vindicator than stormheart itself. I’m also curious about the firestrike side of it. Well I should say Vindicator and the almighty power of the SR set.

Still if you can get it that far it probably doesn’t need to be on the list. I still think the SR set could offer less damage. Welp… I’ll mull this one over

Here’s what you are looking for! [1.1.4.2] Melee DW Lightning/Fire Fire Strike SR 76 Farmers Elementalist / Defiler (g2~4)(sr+)

But please don’t talk about nerfing SR set. One can not repetitively stumble on the same obstacle :smile:

I’m just voicing how I feel toward it, It’s not like I try to get things nerfed. Zantai’s already made it clear it’s fine.

Anyhoo, thanks, removing stormheart from my list in the onehander thread.

Now get to work on the shitty shoulder builds! Someone needs to make the best build possible with them so we can see how problematic they actually are

What’s the clear time average for SR 65 with that build? For Crucible?

SR 60+ has become less hard as the average survival stats have gone up for characters. I know drain essence lets you facetank just about any boss 1 on 1 until they start one shotting you too. Also it has become a bit less hard as some of the harder bosses in these modes got tuned down a bit for these modes.

That being said, with abyssal mask I did recently learn that I underestimated non-set vitality drain essence builds. I will probably have to update those 2 items to indicate that it’s the other sides of the item that are lacking. (shaman/nighblade on yugol, bwc on the shoulders outclassed by other builds for BWC etc.)

The shoulders really look like some DA on them too would help round them out and probably give your build a lot more room to breath from crits. I dunno.

Still arcane, regardless of my opinions, very neat build. I’m tired at the moment but I’ll think about it further, give it a test run myself and update my thoughts on those 2 items. Good job!

Ah, so very slow. Yeah I figured as much, indeed average runs are closer to 10 minutes for SR 65 for what are considered “great” builds. nearly double that time is poor display. I stand by keeping the items on the list haha.

I play a lot of SR so the reason I asked for times is because my experience was screaming that it looked pretty slow as a build. I appreciate it though, really. Gives a good real example of how heart of yugol and lifeblaze have trouble finding their way into anything that’s actually really good.

I’m generally happy to settle for 7 minutes (a bit less than 8 even for tank items) unless another item basically can fill the same slot and do it better. I also try to consider fun factor, interestingness factor, impact from wearing it vs. something else, etc.

The Mad and the God are different players :smile:

But since these items conflict with sets it’s hard to justify using them. Haven’t made new build recently, but had an idea to make builds with multiple items from doom’s threads at same time. So we will see…

Yeah, Yugol and lifeblaze are two items I have no specific fantastic suggestion for that wouldn’t drastically change their identity. (Suggestion: Redesign the items trololo)

Upon looking at them further: Lifeblaze Mantle maybe should be more focused on Vindictive flame and hp regen? I get the whole “lifeblaze” thing means vitality and fire but I dunno. Maybe needs new item support in 1.1.5.

Yugol I actually thought of something. Aside from the obvious remove bleed and make it cold/acid/vitality (which I don’t like because too much overlap with the other non set torso pieces) I think maybe it should be tweaked and vileblood mantle should be tweaked so that they heavily compliment eachother. Yugol and Vileblood both seem to suck to me, but by trying to design them to go together better you get 2 slots for Zantai to play with stats instead of just one, makes it more likely for a new supported archetype to work, or a non-set version of an existing archetype to work.

I know, I was only joking. But it’s the logical conclusion nonetheless :wink:

1 Like

Hmm. If Yugol had acid they could both attempt to support acid devastation from the conduit.
Or vileblood could get vitality damage instead of pierce and the conduit support vitality devastation instead of acid. Vitality dark red devastation would look badass too.

Dang now I want vitality and acid devastation to be good lol.

A build for vitality devastation + vitality TSS would look so good. Dark red shards falling from the sky with TSS with dark red meteors.

Sigh. SIGH. I have always been a mage player at heart.

Well whatever, I think the idea of vileblood and yugol having more overlap in a build they support could help.

The vit side of wildblood is just a lot better methinks. Never tried the blood side though.

It 's suppose to better as hybrid. As pure blood build, you have excellent proc by Bloodrager set. So it’s much better than Avenger or Wildblood.

It’s possible to hack out an acid version but RR is awful at ~88RR and it is all silly greens Grimtools: Acid devastation hack

What I really think would be interesting is to give arcanist bonuses and some RR to the epic Daega’s Oath Set so that it could be used for such ideas. Acid-retal devastation anyone? :stuck_out_tongue:

You need to use the conduit or it won’t be GREEN. I wish the conduit was full acid devastation instead of acid/vit. And vit devastation was a separate conduit affix.

But yeah acid devastation would be super rad. Ever since I saw the FG npcs use acid meteors I got jealous.

BLOODRAGERRRRRRRRRRRR.

I might tune down the health and DA on that set, but it’s not my call. The resist distribution is also pretty good for an offensive set. It’s not a huge deal about how well it performs so much as how much other bleed builds don’t though. So I dunno.

Keep making more builds with items from the top thread! Some of the FG jewelry would be nice to see as well. Venomfire etc.

^Nice to see a full test all the way into SR.

Yes, that is an option. But it ends as another vit RE-workhorse example. (RE is pretty common in Crate’s necro arsenal). Other than Heart of Wrath and Vires conversion and Vit RR, OK just supports mainy through judgment -DA, PoV, Asc and -RR as the generic OK power skills. Vit RR is the key item. And there are other ways to do Vit RE…so these MIs don’t provide anything interesting other than forcing Ill Omen on you.

• It’s a shame (imho) that the most interesting thing on this item of 100%elemental->vit global just doesn’t work well at all on demo …as the ugdenbog launcher(elem->acid, occult) is definitely one of the more fun MIs for building.

Maybe the demo side should be 100% elemental->fire on Flame touched? That would add all sorts of fun stuff…Bone harvest, Lethal Assault, primal strikec some arcanist stuff, etc etc. And demo has some RR support for fire, which I really hate empasizing - but crate built the numbers around stacking RR.:man_shrugging:

But your suggestions would also make it better if this is indeed the intended RE niche.