Community build making challenge thread!

Friend, that is one of the few items where all I can say is “I have no ideas for how to salvage the situation there and don’t want to put the energy into thinking of the solution.” I don’t even like using SR75 as a big metric anymore since the whole “kill one boss at a time” makes it way more easy for builds that don’t technically perform well to cheese it.

That being said I really do want that item to be better since it’s cool. It’d be ideal if the arcanist side worked. I’ve suggested giving it a blackhole-looking proc that has chaos RR.

Elemental to Chaos conversion basically doesn’t exist within GD as well. That might open some things up. (Ok I guess I have some ideas for it)

Anyhoo, since you said the damage was fine for that build at least, maybe just throw a chunk of DA on it.

@arcane_undo I saw and forgot. Of course I’m interested! Item balance is like my thing. I was really happy to see it. Very likely I can take those items off my lists or change my feedback for their entry! Thanks!

What was your SR time for 75 or 75 through 76 with it?
Also if you wouldn’t mind please re-post your feedback for those items in the relevant threads as I think it increases the chance that Zantai sees it. If you can also offer thoughts on the sides of the item you don’t use that’d be great. Like the demolitionist side of corruption of garbagol and venomfire.

After you do so I’ll update the list. I was mainly just so pleases to see Necrosis perform well. Can you imagine playing that character in multiplayer? Your allies would love your use of that relic :smile:

I’m definitely taking Necrosis off the list and depending on your demolitionist feedback for those 2 items (or if you don’t have any, then when I do get demolitionist feedback for those 2 items) I will decide whether they can be fully removed from the lists or just update the feedback if the demo side is lacking.

That would be much appreciated. You can understand why: The real SR75 builds in my experience can clear a single shard in like 6 minutes or less. But I see some SR75 builds that do it in almost twice the time by playing it super safe and fighting the bosses 1 at a time instead of all 4 at once or 2 at a time.

Thanks again. I am so appreciative of all the people contributing to this thread. I definitely want to see attempts at the “bad” non-set shoulder legendaries, but can understand that people probably avoid making those builds because they’re likely so bad.

Also really want to see the best potential build for earthsplitter since its buff. I want to see whether it’s just outclassed by other similar weapons since physical damage is a flexible in its choices.

@arcane_undo do you have any thoughts on the demolitionist side of venomfire and corruption of garbagol? I imagine worst case scenario you just replace the elemental to vitality to flametouched on the pistol with vit RR to thermite mines or chaos to vitality instead for firestrike.

That is indeed good enough.

The Corruption of Garbagol has 100% elemental to vit on flametouched so I think that converts all your damage no? Unless it’s literally only converting the bonuses from flametouched. Maybe it’s fine. Eh 1 side of it works. Sigh guess I need to see if I can’t get someone to test garbagol demolitionist.

Will update venomfire with your feedback.

Thank you. Updating venomfire’s section in jewelry thread in the meantime. Corruption of Garb on demo… hue hue hue, let us see!

They do convert it, the tooltip just says otherwise.

So tainted power on AAR does turn the +x% aether damage into +% chaos damage.
At least last I was told by another praetorian the way it works is:

Skill modifiers/transmutors do this. Global conversion does not. So global conversion from items won’t change the +%dmg on a skill, but modifier/transmutor conversion will.

I think what happens at the skill level is that the entire skill is evaluated, and then the resulting flat is converted. After which the appropriate global % type is applied. Most skills don’t actually add the in-skill % to the global but instead directly impact the skill’s damage flats.

Same result in the end. Things that might not see this are skills that add to the global, such as Soleil’s witchfire % vit. Or fixed/unconvertable properties such as the Firestrike’s Explosive Strike burn.

I still want to see people’s best results with the bad shoulders.

my latest attempt to make dw ritualist work: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWOOO5V
note: greens are taken mostly for getting some amount of stats.
the build, somehow, even manages to deal damage and kill Cuba pretty fast.
tried it in cruci but died 2 times on wave 160 by Grava.

PROBLEMS:

• DPS - about 60k shown in-line. very, very low, especially while builds like Rah’Zin can go for more than 200k+.
  • Zero/very poor AoE.
  • Thin as paper, and ADctH doesn’t help much cuz we don’t deal much damage at all …