Community League by MikeFic and Serious Stan starting today!

Apologies for not having the time to rewrite everything here with a proper layout and for not having any fancy posters for this one, but it feels wrong to not have a post on the official forums aswell. So here it is.

Basically the community league starts today, Friday, November 20th at 8 AM PST / 4 PM UTC and ends on December 20th.
Make sure to check out the reddit post as well as Mike’s YT video.
You can find the rules, point system and signup list in this googledoc.

Thank you @MikeFic_YT for organizing this event and @Serious_Stan for doing the awesome mod!

12 Likes

Good luck, mortals!

2 Likes

This is just balls to the wall awesome. Great idea and serious props to the work done to make it happen.

2 Likes

This looks like mighty fun, good luck to all contestants! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not interested to play like that myself but I always like to watch all videos / streams / theorycrafting around new competitions / activities.
Loved the “GI is like an electric wheelchair. If you feel like you need it - play with it”

3 Likes

Congratulations to the points!

1 Like

Points? The drop! @RektbyProtoss, you can now play Soulrend Cold Reaper not some cheesy ass sorc.

yeah they get points for dropping purple MI’s, read the rules if you haven’t :slight_smile:

Sorry, I thought it was for completing a dungeon :slight_smile:

1 Like

You get points for both actually.

1 Like

I am hoping this trend continues for at least one year if not longer. Im currently unable to participate due to a piece of junk obsolete laptop and limited funds. I would love to be a part of this, and more PvP tournaments in the future. These are collectively two of the coolest things ive seen done in the community, organizing these events is such a great way to bring the playerbase together and makes for some really memorable experiences unique to this game and community!

@RektbyProtoss and @MikeFic_YT, thank you guys for doing this stuff!!! Please continue it. While GD is a single player game, many have the concern about the community dissolving once development ends. This kind of stuff could keep the community engaged long after that day arrives.

5 Likes

Does chat at least get the smug face as a emote?
For the pain of watching you get soulrend and alkamos and points?

1 Like

Just wanted to give a shout out to @MikeFic_YT and @Serious_Stan for what was a very fun, unorthodox and first time 'un’official Grim Dawn season.

Real life got the best of me these last few weeks so I didn’t get to play even a small bit of what I wanted to play but it was still a blast. Fun to listen to everyone trash talk on the Discord and cool to see everyone helping each other out.

Looking forward to the reboot! :smiley:

2 Likes

GGWP to everyone that participated! Season 1 of the community league was a lot of fun and it was so good to see many people try content they have never tried before, so I’m 100% sure we’ll have a season 2. Afaik @MikeFic_YT will do some kind of concluding video about season 1, so stay tuned for that on his YT. Until then you can enjoy the recap of my own run through the league.

3 Likes