Conan: Unconquered

Got this in my email inbox today it seems.

They really shouldn’t do shit like that to a Conan superfan.

Don’t know that I like they had him standing on top a wall as his troops headed in to combat in the cinematic. Conan would almost always be the first one running in. Though by the time he was a king his advisors/friends would have certainly tried to keep him from doing so.

He also wouldn’t call upon any gods to fight his battles for him but I guess it sells games to have massive beings stomping around wrecking shit. And if he did it definitely wouldn’t have been Mitra.

• His gods were simple and understandable; Crom was their chief, and he lived on a great mountain, whence he sent forth dooms and death. It was useless to call on Crom, because he was a gloomy, savage god, and he hated weaklings. But he gave a man courage at birth, and the will and might to kill his enemies, which, in the Cimmerian’s mind, was all any god should be expected to do.

• The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard

• …He dwells on a great mountain. What use to call on him? Little he cares if men live or die. Better to be silent than to call his attention to you; he will send you dooms, not fortune! He is grim and loveless, but at birth he breathes power to strive and slay into a man’s soul. What else shall men ask of the gods?

• Queen of the Black Coast by Robert E. Howard

Looks like a reskinned age of empires to me. With some stuff stolen from They Are Billions perhaps.

Ha yeah… looking at the gameplay footage I too was kinda thinking the graphics and UI were looking a bit “dated”. Not technically a dealbreaker for me or anything but it was something I certainly noticed.

Also in the gameplay vid they comment that they took inspiration/ideas from other games in the genre, in particular they mention Frostpunk.