Confused: GD item data base stats doesnt match ingame item stats?

Hello all, i m new to GD and maybe I am missing something.

This is for example the item of GD data base:
https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/12539

So i have farmed this scepter several times.

• How can i have scepters now with 394 % aether dmg? or 282% aether dmg and 21 % cast speed? (related to GD item base, 244% should be max)
  • My scepters do have many more affixes/suffixes than the one in data base? Seems some have 2 more stats, while other have 5 addiotional stats?
  • Some even have additional skills on attack, is this also completly random?

This makes it actually pretty difficult to plan a character if you can not really calculate the possible values of an item until you find it.

Maybe someone can help me out, thank you.

most stats on items have a range…

Grim Tools can show either min/max values or average you can change it just click on the toggle wheel
for options

Yes, sure i switched to min max values before. max aether damage value for this scepter should be 244 % for example.

It can get an affix and suffix too you know…

Go into the character builder in grimtools, and select the item and the corresponding prefix and suffix.
The item database can show you the item, and the affixes, but not add them together afaik.

and also make sure you use correct level of the base item and affixes

Exactly, for affix combinations one need to use the build calc

Ah ok… now I got it, the item shown on n GD data base is only the base item. Ingame it comes with a prefix and a suffix, where each of them can have multiple stats. Got it I think.

But yeah, seems to be anyway to be difficult to actually plan accurate a build. For this scepter you have for example a few hundred different Prefixes/suffixes (apart from same prefixes only with lower player level)

Yes that is why you should not plan builds around any particular affix combination if you wanna use MI’s, what I do is that I do one “base” version with no rolls on the MI’s in my planned build, and then I take some notes on what kind of affixes would be best etc.

If you are new, you could study my AAR mage hunter guide (since I think that is what you want do play?) ☄ Collection of malawiglenn's Beginner Friendly builds

I second the planning around a base item MI and keeping track of things that are good and bad (some pre/suffix rolls convert damage, not always something you want).