Console Commands Reference

File paths go between double quotation marks ("). On my keyboard (US layout) I have to type shift+’ but the console registers this poorly so be careful. Example: game.spawn “records/items/bonusitems/bonus_summonwisp.dbr” (since we’re cheating anyway)

Also, console is not capital letter sensitive.
Original string dump http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38165

1 Like

I somehow managed to get stuck in a wall (temp bug I’m guessing). Anyway, I can tell you that “character.WarpCursor true” and “…false” turns this feature on and off.

Sorry for the necro, but I think it deserved it.

There are 4 checks (that I counted), all indentical - - reading/checking a certain bool value from Widget::vftable - - that if patched (0x74 to 0xEB - JE to JMP) will allow console to work at any time: 1 when game loads and initializes the Widget (main menu), 1 when you move from main menu to game world and there are 2 more when you exit to main menu or Desktop (when destroying the Widget).

Having said that, if allowed, I may post the fix. Else, whoever needs it, PM me.

youtube + jb6M1bTtNtI (can’t yet post links)

BR,
Sun

Tried to send a PM, have to post 3 messages in the Forum first…
I would really like to get the console working in the main campaign…

Cheers

If you’re familar with reverse engineering, you can enable it.

Otherwise you’ll have a hard time as this behaviour was not intended for the console.

I was hoping to get the solution from sunbeam, but it seems i have to send a pm :wink:

Don`t like to post useless posts, but have to reach 3 posts to send a pm to someone…ah well:D

Since this has caused confusion in another thread, also here for future references:

On a qwertz keyboard, the correct key is ^ (the key below esc) to open the console.

is there a command to scale xp?

could i able to change to key bind other than ~ or ’ to call the console ?

However you can use AutoHotkey for that.

This doesn’t work for me. I press the key below ESC, i’m in a custom game, nothing happens. Did they change how this works?

Do you have some different keyboard, maybe layout?
` below Esc works for me still. Check this:

None of the double pressing or shift / ctrl / alt shenanigans worked. Nothing pops up. The key that i have below esc is a \ | key and that’s the one i’m pressing

Try, maybe this will work:

config.ini:

[combo presses]
combo1=Tab:`

Every time you press Tab, it presses ` (just in Grim Dawn)
You can change Tab to a different key, even the one you have under ESC, or a letter (combo1=Q:`)
| \ or whatever you have their: combo1=\:` or combo1=|:` may work
It takes ~3 seconds for the program to start work in Grim Dawn after you maximize the window / make it active

If that doesn’t work maybe I’ll need to change the config so that it sends a specific key code instead of this `

Nothing happened with that either. I used combo1=:` which is the button below ESC for me

Could you try changing the config to some letter or Tab, for example

combo1=Q:`

?

You don’t need to reload the config after changing it btw.
The program reloads the config 3 seconds after you’re in-game.

If that doesn’t work then I’ll try sending a specic code instead of `

Of course Q should be the button for command window then.

[edit] Also you may check if it the program works at all, for example

Does Q:1 cast your 1st skill when you press it etc.

yeah it works for skills, but does not open the console, be it mapped as ` or \

Oh it works now. Turns out that the console only shows up in single player mode. I always run host server in my worlds so it wasn’t working

1 Like

You are a god ,no sarcasm