Console: Is there a little chance that the game is coming to Playstation?

Hello,

I know about the problem that Sony is not very responsive in helping bringing Grim Dawn to the playstation. I have a playstation and I am planing to buy an used xbox on ebay just for grim dawn. But since I dont want to waste money on a xbox which I wouldn’t even use besides for Grim Dawn, is there still a little chance that the game might come one day for playstation? Or did you totaly discard the idea? I remember grinding gear games saying they wouldn’t bring it to the PS, but later they did lol, so I want to buy sure with this :slight_smile:

Greetings.

I personally won’t mind a port for ps.I do not have a console and last time i did it was a ps1 back in the 90 something.But 2 things they will struggle with are to upscale the res to 4k as plain and simple this game are not made for good hardware as even when i play this my cpu/gpu doesn’t get stressed out.
Then the other thing is to play cross platform which sony would most def try to shut it down because they full off crap.
I am busy learning how to code for writing a game.In unity you get all the top platforms to program for except Sony and Nintendo switch.

1 Like

I was actually a vivid pc gamer, I had 400 hours in Grim Dawn. But I had to switch over playing console because of nerve damage in my hands from chronic lyme disease, it is less painful for me to play with a controller than with a mouse and keyboard. I tried to use a controller on steam, even if it runs smoothly for grim dawn, I prefer having it on console where it is really made and adapted for playing with a joystick.

Yea upscaling the res to 4k will maybe cause a problem, but this will also be the problem for the xbox or not? I personally don’t care so much about playing grim dawn in 4k, I don’t really need it.

You are right, Sony are really a pain in the butt when it comes to cross play, mostly it is because of them that some games do not support cross play, sony is mostly against it. Whereas microsoft is more open when it comes to this.

So will xbox players be able to play with pc players?

No, that’s already been made clear.

" Why did you choose Microsoft’s console for Grim Dawn? Are there any chances to see it on other platforms such as PlayStation 4 or Nintendo Switch?

A big part of it is that it’s easier to port from PC to the Xbox. It helped that Microsoft was very interested in the port and helped us get set up initially. Sony contacted us initially, but communication broke down so we prioritized the Xbox.
Whether we do other console ports in the future remains to be seen, but for now, our focus is on the Xbox.

Do you plan to develop dedicated Xbox One X enhancements and if so, could you share the details with us? What about crossplay between Xbox One and PC?

We are not planning any enhancements specific to the Xbox One X at this time. Crossplay is not planned either as Grim Dawn is primarily a singleplayer experience.

I will specify, though, since that is a common concern among players whenever a console port is announced, this does not mean we will make balance/gameplay changes on PC to favor the console version. If there is ever a point where we need to adjust monster spawns or anything like that to improve the console experience, such a change would be done independently of the PC version."

Though that interview was over 2 years ago I doubt the situation has changed with Sony. Crate are working on 3 other projects, porting GD over to Xbox and still supporting GD.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I did read in the past about the port version being easier to port on xbox than on ps4, because of a more similair operating system between windows and xbox.

I don’t understand Sony why they make it so hard to get something ported to their console, really sad, this is not the first time I see Sony doing this :frowning:

So the answer to my initial question is that there is a small chance that grim dawn could maybe come to playstation, but not certain, and that the priority is the xbox port.

But is there a cross play between the older xbox one and the new xbox S/X generation?

That we don’t know yet.

1 Like

Let’s hope it will be :slight_smile: