Controller support 1.2

I think I am being retarded - have not played in almost a year (another break)… but I cannot assign skills aside from from 4… What am I doing wrong?

It only recognizes A, X, Y, and RT…

You need to assign the other slots to some keys in the keybindings, before you can assign skills to those slots. Also IIRC D-pad Up and Down are assigned to map and portal by default.

Not sure how it works with a Steam controller profile… if you are using that.

Nothing works, xbox, logitech, PS5… It recognizes the button presses, but does nothing. If I even touch the mouse, it goes into mouse keyboard settings. I could use Joy2Key or something… but not worth it. 11k hours was enough. Good job, Crate… I ain’t gonna play with a mouse. And thank you @eisprinzessin for attempting to help.

This is how it is supposed to be, so that you can quickly swap back to KB/M when you want to.

However, now I suspect that you mouse or keyboard is the culprit. Maybe the mouse is slighty moving or some dirt causes them to send signals. Try to unplug both after starting GD and see if you can play with your controller. If I’m guessing right, other games would be impacted, too.

1, can you change other settings/keybinds unrelated to controller and have it “stick” when save/exit?
2, have you enabled the proper input and or disabled steam input?
at the bottom of the keybinds there is a “enable non-steam gamepad”, which in most cases need to be checked, in other cases not, so need to try with that on/off

then there is steam controller config, which again depending on your controller simply needs to be off, or needs to be on for others, and even if it needs to be on; the right profile then needs to be selected (you do this in grim dawn library properties controller tab)

if point 1 is the issue, go into your C:\Users\*user name*\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\Settings and delete the keybinds.txt (options.txt if other video settings/interface aren’t saving).
Then also whitelist/make a manual exclusion for the grim dawn documents folder and the grim dawn game install folder in both windows defender and your anti virus to ensure they don’t block grim dawn changing the file in the future

1 Like

@Zantai I believe ‘The world is on fire’ is your standard for being pinged. There is a new update coming out and nothing controller related works. (F360 Logitech, X360, PS5).

Symptoms :: Unable to assign more than 4 buttons;
More buttons trigger the UI to indicate, but nothing happens;
Unable to change anything (going into reassign buttons does nothing - they show, but do not work)
Assigned buttons do nothing… they show an activation trigger but nothing
Several buttons on X360 and PS5 are not even recognized when trying to reassign (not that I expected it to work per previous bullet).

I have turned Steam Controller on and off (off always worked), and spent 2 hours fiddling, to the point where I had to (oops left game as host) play with M&KB to help people.
Your sage Developer advice, would be much appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.