Cornucopia 0.4 - Your enemies grow stronger!

Good to know on all those fronts.

Some sort of indication that those orbs actually do damage, maybe a hit animation if possible, would be nice. Otherwise there’s too much bouncy bouncy health going on to just know what they’re about. I assumed they did damage but with everything else going on it’s like “/shrug. meh, wtf isn’t doing damage?”. I just feel like there’s so much going on that it’s hard to pick up anything subtle and any extra indication would be useful.

Otherwise, if you’re revamping Cronely and the the Animator fight IS Cronely, then awesome job because that’s what it feels like.

When I get some time this week I’ll throw down on Stoney McStoney face.

I want to avoid giving every boss lieutenants even though I think it makes sense for Cronley. It’d be nice if he just shat on you by himself though. Yes the 2 forms are differently entities but you’re asking me to do 3-d modeling for a boss when neither Ceno and I have any experience with such? Come on man. I mean I could give him a second form that’s literally just a bigger him.

I already have a concept I want to try out for his fight. Will take an annoying amount of time but considering he’s an end of act boss I might as well. Still I’m a FAR way off from touching act 2.

Well next update they will just be trash mobs with a lot more health. After I do Primordian and Viloth I’ll probably try touching some heroes.

The orbs weren’t doing damage? Maybe I should make their hit radius a bit bigger. I’ll add a more visible hit special affect at least. I rather not up their %current health damage because while it’s good in doses you can’t play around it well. I have procs and cons for that sort of thing, and I’ll probably up the aether and fire damage on them. His pools of fire from his projectiles should hurt more if you stand still and he stacks them on you.

I can’t tell if that last part is sarcasm. You’ll find the ancient shamblers will put up more of a fight in ultimate. I held back on the shambler because he’s still just the first mini boss but apparently I’m too nice. I can tell you for sure that his future Uber Version should make people pull their hair out.

No-no-no, no 3d modelling. I meant using in-game assets like the Warden’s alternative form. Furthest I’d go with that is a color swap in GIMP. Though, admittedly I didn’t think of a bigger form of him, which would probably work and look just fine. But, I was just tossing out an idea. I’m sure whatever you have planned will be awesome.

A word of warning worth dwelling on: Cronley’s arena is very well suited to combating endless summons. Kyzogg’s is not, as it is far smaller and more open (meaning everything can path directly to you).

That’s exactly what I like about it >: D

Guys, please look at Boneblade 70lvl proc. I equipped it and monsters now healing like fck :frowning:

Ran Stoney McStoneface this morning with the broken Witchblade I posted earlier. Died once face tanking the Lava boss but once he was out of the picture I went back and it decreased the difficulty significantly, especially since I had the lightning guy down about halfway from incidental damage. Much much more difficult fight compared to Animator.

I’m going to run a couple of other characters but I might end up rage quitting, we’ll see :rolleyes:.

Edit: Just to be more specific I only died because I didn’t pot and couldn’t bail out in time when I got caught in a lightning pool.

The kyzogg fight feels pretty good where it is. Difficult but not too frustrating. The only frustrating thing about it is getting past all his meat shields to actually deal damage to him (I was using ranged) Plus my computer started chunking from all the action. The only think I would consider is also my biggest complaint about the stone guardian fight: less mobs. It is just a bit overkill IMO.
With kyzogg it isn’t so bad, but I would still rather see less trash and higher lvl or just tougher.
But the stone gaurdian fight was kind of annoying, mostly due to all the thrown boulders that stun you. So many little stone dudes. I went into the fight expecting the big guy and a few bros to help him. I think that alone would have been good.

I only tried veteran difficulty so far.
Still, much better and more interesting than vanilla!

This is good stuff! Hoping to see this in DAIL in the future :slight_smile:

Could you take a look at Black Scourge Scepter? For some reasons, it bumps the attack speed on my Pox-Caster from 124%(ish) to 220%. Since I use Vital assault as a filler attack, it’s hard not to use this weapon to become truly immortal.

Found a tag not found on Empowered Fiendblood Spellblade

Realy? Nightblade and Shaman support on Warpfire of all things?

Yeah it’s almost as though Cornucopia is made for diversity.

Yeah, why not? Truth be told, I think the better choice is NB and Arc, not Sham. Trick being = cold / frostburn using Masteries and with 80% conversion on Warpfire…you’ll actually be doing a LOT of Fire damage.

It’s an ingenious way to do this, sure.

Ceno(or ADG, whatever), what is new in 0,4? Just those monster changes? Nothing new on the skill / item front?

I suppose negative % hpregen is not functioning as I hoped it would. I’ll have to do some testing.

Try the shambler on the higher difficulties, he gets even harder. Or at least he should, but you’re also better equipped. I need feedback on the 3 difficulties and whether I need to scale some up or down. I’ll consider lowering normal a bit. Maybe less spawns but more consistent spawns.

Will be hotfixed.

Will be hotfixed.

Iknorite? I remember when you sold me your idea for warpfire and I quite liked it. For the record: Item was OP, we didn’t want to do Crate’s nerf, instead toned it down but opened it up for more classes. Beautiful imo.

Just these monster changes. Why, anything you’d like us to do? I’m on hiatus until the expansion drops as it will force us to rework a lot of our work I think…

Well I’ll probably try and release a little hotfix soon to cover the gripes.

It isn’t like we’ve abandoned development on skills, just that we feel skills are in a relatively OK place. Now I want to let monsters get better and THEN look again at skills given the new difficulty of monsters so we can properly hone in on a final version of meta balance.

Yeah, why not? Truth be told, I think the better choice is NB and Arc, not Sham. Trick being = cold / frostburn using Masteries and with 80% conversion on Warpfire…you’ll actually be doing a LOT of Fire damage.

It’s an ingenious way to do this, sure.

Why would i convert unexisting cold dmg on Shaman to fire with 0 support from mastery? I can see why ppl would go for DW warpfire fire/burning Spellbreackers with opieopie OFF. But isnt that item was designed to help Sorserers? Poor little things with mixed aether/fire dmg ?

BTW, overfertile shambler boss in Flooded passage is extremly BWC-unfriendly. His retaliation lightning bolts of retardness bursted my sorc with 80% Lightning res from 10k to 0 in less that 2 sec . Kinda PoE`ish :roll:

That’s why I said it should be changed to Arc / NB. Shaman makes 0 sense(ok, there is that Wind Devil Cold aura or whatever). Just imagine turning OFF to Fire and stacking it with CT…

Beautiful :smiley:

No, I don’t need anything, thank you for asking. I’d say just like I did with Pox.

I’m content on waiting for the expansion. Imo, they made leveling more fun and GD is in an ok place right now. I just can’t wait for the Transmog…err…Illusion, yes, system. I’ve looked like crap long enough. Can’t wait for VF ret tank in that scorched armor from Cronley’s hideout(and various other nice ideas). <3