Could someone please explain the source of this incoming damage?

I have reached 40% with no phys res from either mastery. Not really hard.

I’m thinking this is part of the equation. I’ve had a few of these damage spikes before coming from mobs dealing a ton of trauma damage. Definitely onto something here

2 Likes

I mean…you also need to consider the gearing options he’s forced into as a classless spec…

Take 6257 Physical damage and 97% armour absorption to start. Because his armour absorption isn’t 100% and the damage is all around higher than his armour, 3% of all Physical damage will always go through. So, 187 in this case.

That leaves 6070 to be absorbed by armour. His hands have 3560 armour and his feet have 3635 armour. He also has 19% physical resistance.

An attack on his hands would do (6070-3560)*0.81 = 2033 damage, 2220 with the above 187 included.

An attack on his feet would do (6070-3635)*0.81 = 1972 damage, 2159 with the above 187 included.

1 Like

evil_genius

EDIT: Thanks a bunch for that hunch @evil_baka

Purely anecdote on my part but on the last character I was levelling with Lokarr’s set through Ultimate, those Arkovian boars were chunking me with Physical/Trauma damage almost as badly as the Shamblers were.

I might be misremembering but didn’t the base game enemies/bosses get a buff to bring them up to Ashes of Malmouth/Forgotten Gods level awhile ago?. Around the same time as the Veteran buff. Might be a result of that, they definitely seem scarier than I remember recently.

Edit: Yep, I am remembering right.

What makes you guys think it’s a blade arc? It looks like other attacks, it can be just an autoattack (which is hidden in the sheet btw). It seems to be that blade arc is the one that looks like a stomp. And if you noticed zero flat damage from it came through.

WD in the sheet comes from passives because (670+341) * 1.74 is exactly 1759 from the sheet. If i had to guess, this WD is hidden in some other attacks, like the one marked as “single target attack” and can very well be 1226+817=2043 dmg before %dmg (resulting in about 9k dmg in the worst case explaing the 4k dmg spike outcome).

Lots of heros in MC are hard hitters. In MC and SR they are not “just mobs” actually. If you compare this guy’s sheet autoattack dmg to the Reaper (one of the hardest hitters in the game and a nemesis) you’ll be surprised to find not so much of a difference:

Reaper’s autoattack (lvl 105): 1323 * ~750% = 9,9k
Rotmane’s autoattack (lvl 105): 1118 * ~560% = 6,26k

This is how a “regular” mob hits.

I really hope we get a clarification from @Zantai or someone else from the Team, so that we know for sure what’s happening and can figure out the best way to mitigate this type of damage.

It is not.

Then why does the attack hidden? The sheet has a handful of abilities with long cooldown yet the mob attacks pretty often.

I don’t know what you’re asking.

Default attacks are not shown because they are simply a basic skill with 100% Weapon Damage and no other effects.

If nothing is hidden, the highest possible dmg is 1226 * 615% = 7540 which is lower than the dmg required for 4k spike on that spec.

By my math, the highest possible damage from a non-crit autoattack is 8241.4172 Physical damage. Given the 420 Armor Reduction from the ground stomp attack, and given that character’s armor values, this coincides pretty well with a hit to the hands or feet equating to about 4k damage. Edit: rewatched: 3.5k.

I don’t really think there’s any mystery here worthy of stopping the presses.

Care to elaborate how you got this number please?

The modifier to Physical Damage from Ultimate (per grimtools, I assume it’s correct) is 74%.

942 Cunning at 0.41% Physical Damage/point = another 386.22%.

On the passive skills, Rotmane has another 57% Physical Damage (% all damage and -% physical damage included). Also on passive skills, there’s a chance (albeit a small one) that it gets another 55%.

These sum together to a value of 572.22% Physical Damage. From Rotmane’s passives, it gets 670-855 + 341 flat Physical Damage at that level. The max roll of the range + 341 = 1226 (a number banana_peel worked with).

1226 * 6.7222 (572.22% converted to a multiplier) = 8,241.4172

2 Likes

Thank you. Yeah, it looks like a hit to legs/arms after an armor shred attack could land 3-4k. Ok, this is something we can at least work with. I might be able to increase the HP pool on this char up to 16-17k with better greens. Some additional tweaking to get more absorption and maybe phys res is also needed. This is just a normal hero and I’ve seen packs of 3-4 of these in some areas. Same goes for shamblers and trolls. Gotta be more careful from now on. Thank you!

1 Like

you also have to take into account the low phys resist. At some point massive amounts of armor can only do so much.

What about weapon/armor? Do they somewhat applies to Non human mobs? Because it also can buff a mob tremendously if any of his gear rolls physical or +damage to humans.

Im curious as i sometimes notice certain mobs suddently become highly resistant to my damage or insanely hard hitting. They then drop a trinket or piece of armor after.

Humans like fabius and alex is notorious for this. You can get notched bone or aether wand Alex that 100-0 you with one skill.

You sure it’s correct? Sheet 74% doesnt include passives? Because sheet WD is made from passives and %dmg says all dmg is included.

I am sure. Toggle the Difficulty between Normal and Elite and Ultimate, and you’ll see the sheet % change as well. That’s the only thing affecting the character sheet, not the passives.

IIRC only jewelry applies to nonhumanoid mobs.

2 Likes