Could we tone down gravathul abit in SR?

Now that OP mentioned it, I’ve never seen Mad Queen in all of my (mostly) 70-71 runs. Did they just remove her out of the spawn pools or it’s just my luck?

Haven’t play SR recently, but in previous patches have seen her in that range.

In SR 76 have to kite for 6-7 minutes to score a kill :rofl:

1 Like

I also think that shard 60 is way harder than the 70-76 range. Those petty nemeses OP listed got nothing on Blue Sentinel + Blue Cronley + Blue Bran the Broken. Seriously shard 75 should not be the benchmark, it must be 60.

It’s like Zantain knows people will try to beat 60 to unlock the last armor piece and is like: EAT SHIT YOU TRYHARD LITTLE FUCK.

1 Like

I did SR 65 and I could not buy SR armor pieces. Do I always have to complete at least two consecutive shards which at least one of them is greater than or equal to 60?
i.e. I need to do 50 and 60, not just 60 only? or 60 and 61?

Yes, you need to do two whole shards for the SR set npc to spawn in the treasure room.

You mean for the first time? Because every time I exit SR he is there no matter how many shards I just beat

yeah he is always there, but do not sell anything else besides health and energy potion unless you do not do two whole shards

Crucible is definitely as hard and sometimes harder than SR 65-66. Different kind of hard though. I don’t like what devs did with it in the last few patches. SR has just a factor of added randomness.

You do realise that retaliation Warlord is one of the stupidly op cookie cutter archetypes, don’t you? :slight_smile: I mean, almost all Warlords are, but retaliation is just stupidly strong, same as EoR one.

I am glad this topic is brought back again. I have said it many many times: fighting nullification projectiles is not fun. Getting skills disrupted is not fun. I can live with some Nemeses having huge bursts or RR or even Kaisan’s crystals. But Nullification and Disruption are silly unfair mechanics that make ARPG experience much less fun.

2 Likes

Is it?

Because I only have pets to compare it to and while I would have agreed about the power of Retaliation warlords when FG was released, I feel like they are underpowered if anything atm.

I think most just give up and move on to the next “build of the month”. They read “total retaliation damage recuded by 18% on overguard” and just scrap the build.

I am curious as to the performance of a Physical Ret Warlord in the current patch. But to make a proper comparison, someone good need to make the build and be behind the wheels.

I am sure everyone here has seen my lazy version. It does not perform as well as it did when I made it. So there is that.

It’s stupendously tanky and has great single target damage. It doesn’t have clearing speeds or Pyran Shieldbreaker but it’s a fucking tank.

Same could be said about Aegis of menhir. It was awesome the first two FG patches. Now how mane are using that skill?

Does it count for the topic of discussion here, being Grava’s ability to strip you off your buffs?

For the record, my warlord still dies if I actually get hit by them. The purpose of my comment was that even though it is a melee char, I have had no problems simply reading the animation and then avoiding it.

Don’t think tankiness has any role in that.

That’s what I am trying to say. Dual-wielding hardhitting Warlord with 4k armor is not your typical melee build. It’s extremely tanky. So that’s why it’s not a good example. It’s like when that guy trolled everyone in Crucible difficulty discussion thread by saying that his S&B Warlord built for Callagadra is doing just fine in Crucible and doesn’t feel any difficulty increases.

2 Likes

S&B, not DW.

But again, why is it not a good example when it only serves as an example for the fact that melee builds can avoid Grava’s balls just as well as non melee builds?

Because your Warlord can easily facetank him outside of those balls despite his fumble puddles. And your Warlord can take few hits while kiting. A lot of melee builds don’t have that luxury. I don’t know what else is to explain here. I guess I can only recommend playing different melee builds that are not Warlords or Pierce Tacticians in SR sets.

I was under the impression that the focal point of the discussion here was Grava’s ability to strip your buffs.

Otherwise, what you are saying sounds less like a problem with Grava and more about melee builds being underpowered outside of certain archetypes.

Yes, and retaliation Warlord can afford to kite those balls and maybe aggro 1 or 2 more bosses or get hit ground damage from another bosses while kiting Grava’s balls. Most melee builds need to keep hitting to stay alive and can’t afford to aggro 1 or 2 more bosses while Grava is on them.

EDIT: I am not sure what is unclear here, my point that saying that Grava is ok when you only play with the strongest tankiest archetypes doesn’t really add anything to the discussion. Nothing personal.

What about non melee, non pet builds? can they afford to kite Grava’s balls?