Crash / Freeze / Chrome

So i normal play music from Google Chrome up in the background with multiple tabs. And then for some reason GrimDawn crashes with no report just straight out to the desktop, and then my chrome just disappeared with it, it’s not closing it’s disappearing :confused: Music form the tabs or whatever is still playing in the background.

Other times The game just freezes with the music from the tabs still playing, and the only way (i’ve found) to solve this is a full restart.

This might be completely PC side (my side) i just want to see if anyone knows anything about this.

peace!

Can’t say for sure, but it may be Chrome that is causing the issue. The latest Chrome does funny things on my new rig as well. Incognito tab(s) in Chrome, which I almost always have open when using Steam, will suddenly go from having a ~155,000 K-165,000 K memory footprint each to ~3,000,000 K memory footprint- each. One Steam Client webhelper will skyrocket the same way, randomly, and unexpectedly. I haven’t had any CTD from it, but I have had the computer lock up or sloooooooooooooow way down when it happens.

Switch to using Firefox or another browser (Pale Moon, Comodo Dragon, Opera…) to play music, instead of Chrome, and see if it helps? Just a suggestion. No way to know if that is the issue or not.

1 Like