Crate Gone Woke

Downloaded the newly released Definitive Edition on Xbox this morning and was immediately greeted by a woke virtue signal. Even though the majority of Grim Dawn players create Male characters, Crate has decided to make Female the default option. They could have left the default out and achieved “equity”(lol), but they decided to go against what we all know are the majority of characters being created to show us how virtuous they are. I’m sure I’ll enjoy the game but being greeted by politically motivated nonsense from the very beginning is disappointing.

It’s not because “Female” is alphabetically a word before “Male” but because of Virtue signaling image

2 Likes

Isn’t it random?

I’ve been playing ARPG’s for years and before this new woke nonsense became a thing, male was always the default option. Maybe because the vast, vast majority of real warriors throughout history were male. Maybe because the vast majority of male players choose male characters. I’m not saying female toons aren’t created too and I’ve created several myself, (usually of the witch variety), but female being the default option when I logged in today wasn’t a mistake. If it’s random then they achieved the equity they were striving for.

Well, I guess you haven’t played Titan Quest or Grim Dawn on PC because both have female as the default starting character and have done for years so this isn’t a case of Crate going woke.

2 Likes

To me it looks like you are trying to find things that don’t exist in the first place.
Crate has never shown signs that they want to cater towards the “woke” culture.

1 Like

Except what we call woke today has been around for longer than you realize. It originated in our universities back in the late 50’s as an import from European intellectuals ala Herbert Marcuse from the Frankfurt School in Germany. It’s gone mainstream and has spread into greater society more recently, but this ideology has been infecting academia/educated in the U.S. for decades.

Pretty woke for a game that allows you to kill women. lol

2 Likes

Imagine being bothered by something this inconsequential. Your life must be really good to make this your top issue of the day.

It’s been this way since Titan Quest, and almost certainly cause F is before M, but yeah, we’re “woke”.

11 Likes

It’s the destruction this ideology will bring to western society that bothers me.

Imagine actually noticing and caring about something so trivially stupid

1 Like

what-the-fuck-wtf

5 Likes

There’s nothing “Woke” about this lol

OP is clearly overly sensitive and looking for anything that could even remotely be construed as such…

Now, the HBO show Watchmen err… Wokemen. That, was “woke” AF.

2+2=5 is not trivial, I assure you. People getting caught up in the new religion of wokeness is not trivial, I assure you. Its incredibly complex and I’m not going to get into the litany of issues. James Lindsay is a very good resource for anyone that wants to understand why this ideology is consequential to society. He has a channel on YouTube and a website called: New Discourses.

And so woke you can only be “white”. This woke train is crazy maaaaan. Someone pass me the joint, I don’t think I’m gunna make it thru the day at this rate.

4 Likes

The only one who seems to be caught up in it here is you. The rest of us are just enjoying playing the game, be it with male or female characters.

A daily reminder to everyone: don’t feed the troll!

1 Like

Please permaban the topiccreator pronto. We dont want these kinds of conversations here. They will just poison and destroy the forum.

1 Like

Don’t worry. I’m a professional troll feeder. Everyone knows this.

1 Like