Create Resist Balanced Boss to test damage potential in open area

Almost all bosses/targets in game have unsymmetrical resistances and have damage preferences and if you want to fair compare damage from different type of your builds you need to have reference target.

We already have some examples of this type of bosses with Lokarr, Loghorrean, the Voice of Ch’thon and Kra’vall, Ancient of the Waters

and of course Training Dummy

Main problem with already existing targets

1. Lokarr can be too harsh with unbalanced builds/bad gear characters, especially on hardcore. He can be good test for finished builds, but doesn’t work for unfinished builds, some kind of test and experiments.
  2. Targets like Loghorrean and Kra’vall is static, have not enough space against summoners. Log have 3 phases which can often drop your resist reductions with bad timings. Kra’vall tentacles spam hateful debuffs like 33% Chance for target to Fumble attacks for 5 Seconds, 50% Chance of Impaired Aim to target for 5 Seconds. Not fair against some types of skills which can deal big damage in static target.
  3. Training Dummy not good enough, it static and doesn’t fight back, so never activate some type of abilities and devotions.

TL;DR So i want to request single target boss (or just rework some existing one) as some kind of reference target with overall difficulty like Loghorrean (or Training Dummy lol), but not static, without phases and preferences against some type of builds.

I think it will be amazing for many type of players, who want to try some experimental stuff or play their own builds and compare them with each other.

1 Like

What we need is enchanted dummy that hits you in the face :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

See problem will be solved. Dummies already have neutral resistances.

I like that idea.

There’s one concern though, bonus damage to race. That test-boss should neither be Human, Beast, Undead, Ch’thonian, Atherial nor Eldritch.

So unless there’s a type of monster that doesn’t belong to any of these races, there’s only the dummy.

But a dummy that only hits back isn’t enough to fully test a build. It should use a variety of movement skills including disengage and charge. But then it’s no longer a dummy :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

So yeah make a new boss that is of the “dummy” race but otherwise behaves like a regular enemy.
Should be easily accessible too, so maybe put it in one of the optional areas like Jagged Waste, East Marsh or Conflagration.

Edit: didnt even know that Training Dummy had its own GT page :sweat_smile:
While scrolling thru the list i’ve spotted another race that doesn’t have any racial damage bonuses against them (afaik): Celestials.

So the new boss could be of Celestial race. Make a “tank” type of Celestial that doesn’t deal too much damage like the other Celestials, but has huge amounts of health, armor and resists.

Brilliant. And you could scale the enchantment to have a different number of hits per second.

Celestial T-34 or KV-2

I was thinking more along the lines of Super Mecha Death Christ 2000, now that’s a Celestial Tank in my book :grin:

Next expansion secret quest boss “dummy of entertainment”

1 Like

Jesus Christ… on wheels?

So basically immoral boss. :thinking:

immoral and immortal. he always comes back after 3 days.

1 Like

Only if you don’t have phones :zantai:

Where’s your phone auto correct, when you really need it? :blush:

thx for comments, i still hope devs implement this. :zantai: