Cronleys gang rep farming guide

Find it hard to reach nemesis rep with Cronleys? Maybe getting frustrated and/or bored while getting there? Well, worry not, follow these steps and you’ll be there in an blink of the eye!

Step 1:

Never kill Direni in Devil’s Crossing on any difficulty! He’ll spawn at Cronleys Hideout as a boss and will get you some extra -rep.

Step 2:

Start farming on ultimate difficulty. It’s a nice route to farm legendaries, too!

Step 3:

Before starting the route, always check the Devil’s Crossing and Rovers bounty table for Cronley-related missions.

Step 4:

Start running the areas inhabited by Cronleys gang. These are: Stalnton Mine, Four Hills, Cronleys Hideout and Hanneffy Mine. You can do them in any order, but make sure to first visit those with a bounty table mission. That way you avoid to have to start a new session if you already cleared the area related to the mission.

Step 5:

Repeat step 3 and 4 until done.

From what I experienced, you can get up to -3000 rep in one session, depending on your luck with the bounty table and hero spawns. You’ll also get up to ~100 sticks of dynamite (Edit: in total up to nemesis) and, as already stated above, some nice legendaries.

OR:

100 dynamites in one session? you mean 10, right

Ah, haha, no! In total while getting to nemesis, should have clarified that… :wink:

Cronley´s Warrant cuts the farming time in half, maybe trade one before you start, in my experience people who can farm Fabius will trade them for a few farming mats.

Also: killing Direni before Ultimate is totally okay imo, you´d be farming Cronley rep solely on Ultimate anyway, and the kill quest is rewarded with a lot of Devil´s Crossing reputation.

Steps 3 and 4 are actually counter-productive to long-term efficiency. It’s more effective to find the Romanov bounty and just hold onto it to get an extra guaranteed hero every run and only do the main hideout itself.

As for the traitor, killing him in devil’s crossing in normal and elite (assuming you don’t intend to run the hideout more than once in each) is generally a good call, the extra devil’s crossing rep and free Blood of C’thon generally outweigh a single extra Direni kill in the hideout. Keeping him alive in Ultimate is rather important though, if you intend to hunt Fabius.

That’s a good point! I haven’t played any MP yet, only looked at it from the SP-only perspective.

Turning your first point against you; why not buy a Mandate of Devil’s Crossing from other players? Getting DC rep is also a lot easier than Cronleys, that’s atleast what I’ve experienced. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mainly because Mandates can´t be traded.

Is it really that much faster? I just tried that one, took me around 10 minutes and got ~800 rep (without warrant).

Ah, there’s my lack of MP-experience. :stuck_out_tongue:

A perhaps more boring approach but probably a better one, is just do full clear in Cronleys hideout for a chance of a decent ring in the end, and then quit and restart a new game.