Crop rotation not rotating

In my early games – I’ve restarted a few times! – my crop rotation would go from number I the first year of farming, then the next year move on to number II, and the third year to number III. Lately, however, it never gets off of number I. I don’t know if I may have inadvertently hit a wrong key and changed a setting, or what, but it’s bugging me that the crop rotations aren’t rotating!

1 Like

Same here, it’s a bug I believe

I’m pretty sure that the crop rotation planner isn’t yr1, yr2, yr3 but more a case of this year, next year, the year after.
The current year is always the top slot and as you progress through winter and the in game year changes, each yearly plan in the planner steps up one place and what was ‘yr1’ drops down to ‘yr3’.
If you plant the same crops year in year out then this switch would be impossible to spot though.

I think that’s how it’s supposed to work anyway.

You can’t change anything except the crops in your rotations. The way it’s always worked is year 1 goes down to become year 3, year 2 moves up to become year 1 and year 3 moves up to become year 2. So the year at the top is always highlighted. The highlight has never moved down the years.

1 Like

It is working now. I’m no longer getting the same crops planted year after year, but now I get the crops going through the cycle as they should, in 0.7.5f. Thank you.

No, I wasn’t planting the same crops year after year. I think I know better than that. I changed crops, and threw in maintenance or clover to move fertility up now and then. But they weren’t changing. I’d have to do that manually at the beginning of the year. But now, in 0.7.5f, it is working like it should, moving through the cycle properly.