Crucible in V1.1.4.1 Discussion

If korvaak’s transition time was any longer I’d be able to consistently ignore him on a wider range of builds. As things stand he’s a hurdle for builds up to a point but if you can demolish most of the nems on 170 fast enough you can race down the remaining 1-2 while ignoring big K as he just despawns.

I’d rather have a more consistent threat from him that doesn’t get cheesed by speed and kill timing

Re: reaper. While reaper is something of a piñata with sanctified bone and revenant being meta choices I feel it’s pertinent to note he is a priority kill and snowballs harder than any other nemesis you can encounter. Average builds already have their varying challenges in overcoming 170, they don’t need the cutoff point raised such that they can’t handle reaper before he goes crazy with the debuffs

Yeah, reaper doesn’t need any buffs. He is strong as he is. Unless ofcourse, his ghosts get toned down in turn.

Oh this one. Its driving me nuts. Its not just Aetherial heroes though. Rotting Emberguards on a fire build. Nailed them with Mines, BWC and Eldritch Fire for around 80 fire RR. Blazing Charge with a 2H weapon and I deal only 5K damage. With that much RR and damage, I can deal more than 100K on non-resistant mobs. Sharzul for instance can take 5 digit damage with that combo in cruci and he is supposed to be highly resistant to fire.

Same thing also with Korvaak’s chosen spellcaster heroes with an elemental affinity. A lot of mobs and heroes with innate resistance to an element has an abnormal amount of damage reduction to said element.

I think Reaper it’s at fine place. He deserves no buffs and no nerfs. Zantarin and Moosi for example are in good spot too. Moosi can create trouble with crystals, but isn’t lethal and Zantarin shotgun is almost guaranteed kill+ the fact you can’t leech. Probably Benni is little weak, but then most of my builds have racial against chtonics, so hard to evaluate him.

2 Likes

It’s not just their resists, it’s stacking absorb mechanics - they have both flat absorb and %absorb that they cast on each other. They also cast a buff that increases their Elemental res further.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Fumble vs Impaired Aim

Btw, can Fabius spawn with random weapons in the Crucible?

Because had a game where he was in 160, 165 and 170. In both 160 & 170, he hit like a truck, but even with Grava on 165, he was easy.

I haven’t seen a clarification yet on how affixes work for humanoid enemies in crucible. Aetherial arcanists rain greens in campaign and there’s plenty of elemental / single element affixes. If it’s no different from campaign you’ve got all these items and only need to see 1-2 magic affixes to negate all the RR your build can put out

You know what Crucible needs? Ancient Grove enemies. Get Big Fire Tree and Fumble Giant Snake in there. :scorv:

Imgur

2 Likes

Speeding up Korvaak’s transition animation is tricky because it has a lot of fx and sounds that are carefully aligned. Speeding up the animation would throw all of that off.

Hm, what about his summoning animation?
Can we speed up it?

1 Like

Make Korvaak spawn in his last phase, buff health to compensate? That’s my suggestion.

2 Likes

If he’s a unique threat you have to play around - that’s fine. Losing a few seconds waiting to kill him isn’t against my religion :rofl:

AS I SAID EARLIER…

1. Grava’s Fumble. It’s enormous, a huge pain in the ass for any melee, especially 2H.
    But not only that. CDR mod makes him insane, he literally starts to use his disrupt skills with almost every single blow, like here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tuSnd6iuBM&feature=youtu.be&t=357

2. Queen Triggering her aura every 1-2 seconds in SR. Almost any character can get an easy oneshot, coming up to her every time.

3. Insane Fabius DA shred, while partially nerfed, can stack with other similar effects, like Father Kymon’s jump. Or Maiden’s 500 Armor shred, which, with recent nerfs to armor and other debuffs makes character a literal paper.

4. Father Kymon can oneshot with his jump - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pun0FdBMYls&feature=youtu.be&t=270

5. Kaisan’s crystals critting you across the entire arena.

1 Like

Good suggestion but when should wave 169 end then? When he is at 50% hp? Is that possible to implement? Because if you end wave 169 when Anatasteria, fatsoes/dravis/krieg die Korvaak can be abused and left alone altogether.

That was a two shot. I don’t really know where it came from, but there’s a meteor that hits the player first. Watch in 0.25x speed.

Lol, interesting.
Still, the damage of that jump is pretty insane. Kymon himself doesn’t do much, his jump is super deadly, though.

Can we have similar thread for Shattered Realm, @Zantai ?