Crucible/Main Campaign Experience Lock

Is there any known way to stop experience gain and lock your character to a certain level, either via tweaking the game files or using mods? I’m mainly interested in such an option for the crucible mod, so I could make a good build without having my gear becoming outdated and so I could farm rare items of a certain level without making a new character after a couple of runs.
Optimally, you would have an option to enable/disable experience gain for each character separately while in-game. I tried to look into modding but felt overwhelmed by it all, I suppose it’d be a simple task for a more knowledgeable person. But if there is an existing way to do it, any help would be appreciated.

Try if this works for you (x64, modding/changing files not needed, think of it as a trainer):

• back up your save first just in case

• download GDHacker

• GDHacker.exe 3 1

freezes EXP (for all characters, in MC and Crucible)

• GDHacker.exe 3 0

defrosts EXP
    or you can just restart the game as freeze is only for one launch of the game

while the game’s running.

If you don’t like to use command line, just create 2 shortcuts to GDHacker

• Freeze EXP
  • Defrost EXP

in which you add 3 1 / 3 0 arguments to the program, something like this

Screenshot%20(299)

• the 1st image is for another feature of the program

More about creating these shortcuts: How to make Freeze Tributes shortcut

More about the program: GDHacker

PS If you’d like to Freeze Exp on the fly, dynamically with some button within the game without Alt + Tabbing and clicking these shortcuts, it can also be done.

2 Likes

I can’t get it to work. I’ve been looking into it but can’t figure it out. A couple of questions:
-Is GDHacker.exe supposed to run indepently (without GDAutocaster)?
-I’m running the game on Steam (windows 10), does that make a difference?
-When I launch the GDHacker.exe, all I get is a black command window that flickers for an instant and dissapears, is this the way it’s supposed to work?

Just to make sure I understood the instructions correctly, the step-by-step process I went through goes like this:
-Launch game
-Pick a character, enter
-Alt+Tab, Launch GDHacker.exe - shortcut (as admin) with correct path and arguments: ("/path/GDHacker.exe" 3 1) without parentheses.
-Resume game, kill a mob, still gaining experience.

1 Like

You’re doing good.
I don’t think you even need to pick a character before running the program.
Let me think what can be wrong / maybe I’ll send a version of the program with some debug info.

Although I don’t get any window, I think it’s ok. [edit] I actually do get the window when running it from shortcut / not command line. But it’s not important.

I personally don’t need to use Admin.

Do you play with 64 bit version of Grim Dawn?
(Play Grim Dawn (x64))

Do you have latest 1.1.8.1. Update?

This is how it looks on my side:
(moved above)

1 Like

D’oh… I was running the Grim Dawn exe from the x64 folder, but apparently that wasn’t enough. Had to put /x64 in the launch options via Steam properties. The exp lock is functionining now, thanks for the help friend!

1 Like