Cultists Orders from Elite to Ultimate

So, today I started my journey from elite into ultimate. Instead of searching for the Cultist orders I just dropped my current one in my inventory and picked it up again. (Lazy I know lol) I get the prompt to talk to Direni, and I kill him hoping for his strange key. No luck. Go to the Strange Door and it’s locked. I go back into elite (on which I killed him also) and at Cronleys hideout he’s alive! I am very surprised to see him. Just thought it was strange. Anyone have any thoughts?

I do know that the key can drop outside the door in Burrwitch Outskirts, guess I’ll be farming the fools till it does lol.

Unless you’re mistaken and didn’t kill him on Elite then it’s a bug. And he won’t drop the key if you kill him, only if you let him live will he give you the key. Where did you get the Cultist Order book from if you had one in your inventory?

1 Like

Nope killed him on elite. My previous Cronley run he wasn’t there. I had a Cultist orders in my inventory on elite and it was there for ultimate too.

Still sounds like a bug because unless you picked up the book after killing him (not sure it would even show up if you have) then the book should vanish from your inventory. Try verifying the game files.

1 Like

Ok so I messed up, I thought killing him dropped the key. Just weird that he spawned in elite when I went back and checked. (Plus I just did a Cronley run the day before on the same char, and he wasn’t there). Unless I’m going crazy from all the GD lately, or is it not enough🤔lol

That’s crazy, on normal and elite the book didn’t vanish after the quest. I am playing base game only right now though, not sure if it affects anything?

Shouldn’t do, it should still vanish once you talk to him whatever decision you make about him. As said try verifying your game files. What version of the game are you on?

1 Like

1.1.9.0. I will verify my game files today and see if that helps.

Thanks for your help @medea_fleecestealer I appreciate it ma’am!

No problem, that’s what I here for. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like