Custom Templates

Heyo, very new to Grim Dawn overall but I’ve been messing around with modding for the past few days now, mostly just reverse engineering stuff on my own and so far, so good, I’ve made decent progress.

However, there are a few roadblocks I’ve hit, ones I personally think should be pretty easy to overcome—at least so I thought. Of course I’ve been unable to find any way around them. But one way I think would be perfect is if I were to create a new template or edit an existing one, though I’ve tried and while I did indeed create a new or add something new to a premade one, the things I’ve added aren’t showing up as options when I go to edit .dbrs.

So I can’t help but wonder, am I doing something wrong or is it simply just not possible to create/edit templates? It would be hella useful if it was possible and a big shame if not.

Generally speaking, you can’t create new templates. Very rarely does it actually work, but in those cases it’s because the functionality was already there somehow.

1 Like

Dang, that sucks. Ah well, thank you for letting me know.

Templates are effectively data entry tables with labels for the user to interact with the code. If you add an entry to the table the code does not recognize or look for in that particular instance, it simply does nothing.

1 Like

Is there anyway to access the code directly to fix issues like this?

3 Likes

:rofl: