DA Stacking and the Crucible

They already do. Esp watcher, I know I do. And that is part of the problem. Lots of stuff isn’t used cause Stalwart.

I disagree. Stalwart of readiness/protection is lterally yellow, and those that use cronley/living rings can have it replaced by vendor ring (not without drawbacks).

I agree with the statement if you change ‘perfectly rolled MIs’ to ‘stupidly strong yellow affixes’ though

About DA and things.
Another PITA is (surprise!) multiplayer Crucible. When you get lags due to big ping and everything freezes for 6 seconds, you cast Mirror, Overguard, MoT or other defensive abilities and prey to not die in “invisible massacre”. Of course, DA helps greatly with this. Would be nice if there was a way to survive without DA.

I understand the ‘‘accomplishement’’ part but I got used with the idea of challenge = reward. In the case of D2 Lod and the Ubers the reward was a really unique item (torch) you couldn’t get anywhere else in the game. It was also a pretty powerfull item! In D3 they literally give you the loot althouth if you want the ancient ancient versiont you need to farm quite a lot . As for the ubers, they aren’t the same we got used with D2 Lod (challenge wise and reward wise).

I just wanna add that the reward of D2 Lod Ubers was a unique items and no matter the value of the stats (only the value changed) it was always very good, always.

What i trying to say that if Stalwart is nerfed, people will use the “most DA-gaining devotion route by xx_John123_xx”, just doing the same what Stalwart did. Nerfing Stalwart is not a solution, and capping DA on certain level is. Or reworking a formula.
Of course, it’s only my thoughts.

I’d love a unique powerful item like that , in the new mod maybe. But you can’t make it usable in campaign. I would favor too much players that moved away from campaign and to mods like this.

Unless it’s a super challenge in the main campaign or something

Okay, lets do some math.
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56478 I use this as reference.
Take a look at 3K OA level
3K DA provide 90CTH, then you trow in 500 DA and CTH go down to 76 , another 500 DA and it goes to 62 , another 500 and its 49 .
Lets see how it improve our survivability:
3000K DA 90% Chance to hit
3500K DA 76% chance to hit
4000K DA 62.4% chance to hit and 88% Less dmg
4500K DA 49% chance to hit and 70%less dmg.
5000K DA 35% chance to hit and 50% less dmg AND chance to get hit 3 times in a row is alredy almost non-existant.
Do you see nothing wrong in that? What if we apply 200OA reduction on enemy? CTH at 5000K OA goes down to 29.4, that’s mean creep will do 42% dmg if he manage to hit us somehow.
But what if we are attacked by strong purple heroes? With 2200 OA after reduction? CTH goes down to 10% AND if he , somehow, manage to hit us he will deal 15% of his dmg.

How can this solve the problem mentioned in my post? My DW blademaster dies in multiplayer when lag occurs, but survives with 3800 DA. No math needed.

They already have the likes of kidpid, Nine (assuming he still plays), Norzan, arnge, Koaleio, Tomodak, Ceno etc. in their ranks. Superfluff is also a praetorian. So I don’t think they need more. Also, Jajaja is gone (again) and Tz Tz doesn’t have the Crucible DLC as far as I know. Lastly, I am too lazy for anything crucible related.

So the people who got Time Dilation, Eye of the Guardian, Meteor Mines nerfed are suddenly afraid of nerfs.
Yeah totally makes sense.

He can sometimes shred a retaliator hybrid in the MC

That looks good

So you are against the nerfs cause one of your builds might suffer?

In SP he needs 4.2K minimum- 4.5K. I actually gave feedback on DA hoarding based on this exact build ~2 weeks ago. Was a terrible experience:) One more reason this DA thing is too much

It was an example of weird situation.
I think the nerf is acceptable, but not this way. DA should be capped (to mentioned 3680) or formula rewritten, but Stalwart/Readiness/Dranghoul should be untouched, so players who don’t have access to significant DA bonuses can stack DA to reasonable amount (3680) with no damage or survivability penalty.

I really like where this thread is going.
I remember earlier, when Crucible 170 only was introduced, a similar thread was created, where people got concerned with new mechanics. It sinked pretty fast, though.

And yet, here we are. It’s really nice that Big Z took his attention to this problem.

I also think if there is going to be some cap on DA, then nerf to specific version of items is not so essential.

Maybe I should try Crucible with this build: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZyopzA2 :stuck_out_tongue:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN4QYPY2 this would perform better. Don’t forget to craft Mog with 4% DA bonus.

Did you see all those “crucible viable” builds out there? How many green MIs are needed for those build, 5-6-7? Can you still say that Legendaries are the most powerful items in the game?

Semantics. But amen to that.

Semantics. But I thought I needed to point it out cause when the topic of perfect rolled MIs come up, the issue of farming it is always next, but stalwart/protection/readiness MI rings are way easier to farm than incorruptible MI rings. stalwart of readiness vendor rings are a lot more accessible.

Tsk…Chaos not capped and only 78 % Armor Absorb. :wink:

Was only Quick & Dirty from my side, never really intended to “gimp” my build with this setup because I don´t think it would be the toon I want to play.
Perhaps sometime to get the achievement (if possible).

Thanks anyway for improving it; just one question: Why ABB and Lethal Assault? :slight_smile:

ABB at 1 pt for OA

78% Armor Absorb. Ptirodaktill has differing opinions about the importance of Armor Absorb (on low armor builds) than the rest of us.

Chaos not being capped is cause the DA alone would make sure you won’t get hit most of the time :smiley:

@veretragna and @skylla
I do agree the nerf to DA sources seems unnecessary. But I want to wait for the patch and test out the severity of nerfs before commenting on it any further.

Totally agreed. Popcorn time!