[DC] File structure to encourage inter mod Compatibility

All,

This thread may be not needed. if so we can let it die. All in all i think we should have an agreed file structure for the mod assets to further encourage inter mod compatibility. From what i understand this will mainly apply to Class mods and Content Mods.

Thanks,

I was getting annoyed with the cheating mods that did what i wanted but “too much” so i looked into modding the level cap today because i love grinding. i just want more levels (hah).

anyways what you are suggesting makes sense.

could this be as simple as agreeing in advance as to the cardinality of certain dbr / etc files? IE if you are adding a class, dont choose class 07 because someone in teh community already released something with it? everyone who wants to be part of the “approved for merging” mod list should accept and assigned number for their components they want to add. and go through some gating with a stickied thread to get a new number if they want to add more stuff?

maybe have a group of modders that agree to these standards (after they are made) and then the community knows making compilations with them will be easier and compliant.

i dont know enough to know if this is actually needed. someone who has actually done more than game mechanic dbr edits can pipe in i hope.

I honestly do not know. I know for classes we need to have the engine revamped as it does not support more than 9 classes. In that case we would have to assign a class block per mods.

but what your saying makes sense also. We more or less need to come up with guidance on the cardinal rules for the mods then. Which would also more or less fall in the guide portion i would guess.

With regards to classes, take the results of this thread into consideration. Mastery mergers are likely nonviable for largescale mods (such as the one I’m working on).