Dear Crate, about shattered realm...

I both love and hate you for it.

I love the challenge. But I hate how I now need to rethink my entire theorycrafting M.O.

Sincerely,
Spanksalot.

Attachment: wew.jpg
Attachment: Crucible.jpg

I dont know, its like greater rifts in Diablo 3 again… boring af

which is another thing I forgot to add to my list in your earlier thread :wink: “things Forgotten gods have stolen from the diablo games”

‘OOOOH HO HO. YOU DISGUSTING GDSTASHING RAT.’

That’s literally the first thing which pops in my face now. :rolleyes:

I tought it was something you could do as an alternative to the regular farming routine instead is the usual stress test which is restrictive to your freedom in building characters. I think i will avoid it as i do with crucible.

TBH, I just enjoy the challenge. Like how some people here craft classless specs, my herculean task was beating 170 unbuffed/unbannered/no-consumables.

And here’s another one.

@ Praets - did you lot use aether clusters?

I personally am very against the use of consumables, but I’m wrecking my brain here trying to find a way around the RNG nature of SR

Shattered Realm is amazing and crazy at the same time. I really wonder how far Hardcore guys will push it and with what type of characters.

The rng aspect of SR makes the whole thing sooooo unpredictable. For example: I was just pushing for Shard 25. In Shard 19 I encountered the biggest hero pack I have ever seen in this game. It was ridiculous. They gave me literally two full bars of debuffs. It was a way harder fight than anything the later Shards up to 25 had to offer. I can’t imagine the rage SR will produce for HC players. :smiley:

Pfff, I`m gona play with my glass canon. Once crash issues are fixed.

I hit shard 54 on my darkblaze pyro, and on that guardian realm at the 4th chunk, I was attacking that new nemesis with a sheet dps of 400k for 18 seconds straight (I went through ghoul --> aether cluster/aeon’s --> ghoul) and only got him down to about 1/4 health before getting one shotted from full.

I also have about 140% RR.

Maybe I was standing on a fumble pool, or maybe it was bad mutators, or maybe I’m misremembering, but it seems like the baddies scale exponentially in survivability

I would expect them to scale, but linearly not exponentially, the latter would make the difficulty spike too large too soon.

Why not logarithmically?

There’s the very distinct possibility that I’m still thinking according to the mechanics of the crucible, and may therefore be overly-reliant on things like buffs and banners.

That being said, I also tend to build what I think to be very balanced builds (unlike the super crucible flash farmers).

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrjrlOZ

Here’s the GT of my now-squashed pyro. Her name is bippityboppityboop, and she’ll be my next forum submission :smiley:

I think people just have preconceived notions about how far their characters should go, that they ought to abandon.

In my opinion if your build can do shard 50 it’s fine. Comfortably or otherwise.

I here by dub the lingo for shards!

1-30 =low shards
31-60 = mid shards
61-76 (76 is not a typo) = high shards
76+ = epeen shards.

What is a ‘shard’ even

How would you translate shard level with crucible waves?

Would you say that like 61-66 is like 160 glad and 66-76 is like 170 ?

NOTE: for glad comparison, I mean with all four buffs

No. I cleared 170 with this same character using only 3 buffs very comfortably. 170, in my experience so far, would be equivalent of the high 40’s.

EDIT: It’s worth mentioning that I think I only made it as far as I did because of aether clusters. I used 3 IIRC. And at the risk of sounding cocky, I also think that I’m a pretty decent pilot, which went a long way in allowing me to wriggle my way out of some pretty sticky situations.

Have you not played SR yet?

It was a joke. :stuck_out_tongue:

It would be fun to have some kind of statistics, where we post highest glad wave and highest SR shard. Then I could make some nice graphs for different build structures and damage types and what not, to see if SR / cruci statistically favors certain build types.

The thing about the crucible is that you’re free to ignore a lot of important resists which you’d be punished for severely in any other scenario.

Being able to get 10% phys res of a buff, a massive OA boost, energy regen, CC res, etc. etc., frees the crafter up to focus on damage.

At least, that’s my hypothesis as to why the clear rates for 170 have been steadily decreasing.

Which is why I limit myself to just 3 buffs with the builds I craft ‘seriously’ (in that I’m not trying some whacky combination which I normally do).

My theory is that SR would favor kite based builds - i.e. wind devils, totems, maybe bladespirits now, DoT builds, etc.