Death-Watcher Pendant Healing

I’m a little late to the 1.1.7.0 party but I was initially excited about the new effect “15% Health Restored to Call of the Grave” added to the Death-Watcher Pendant until I actually tried it out. I was very disappointed to find that this heal applied only to the player and not to the pets.

Any pet class with Occultist/Blood of Dreeg has easy pet sustain of instant health restore, usually specced to about 28%. Other pet classes not so much, with Ritualists in particular having to make do with the less easy Wendigo Totem and/or equipping a Bysmiel’s Iris for a 10% health restore coupled with the other effects of the amulet’s on use.

As you might guess, I would like to suggest the Death-Watcher Pendant be buffed to heal pets as well. The health restore to pets already exists in the neck slot so the change would not be breaking new ground, but it would be opening up an alternative with trade offs, a D-W Pendant would offer a higher heal on a faster cooldown than an Iris and gains Call of the Grave duration and that 10% health buff to Mog’s Pact but loses a full +1 to all Shaman skills and the offensive part to the Iris’s on use.

I would be interested in making the trade, but am perfectly happy continuing to use the Iris in my builds if you find the suggestion to be unreasonable.

Sadly, this is a limitation of the engine, not a design choice. Call of the Grave specifically gives bonuses to your pets similar to Primal Bond. What you are asking is to change Call of the Grave’s template to more like Blood of Dreeg, where the heals affect the pets also. I do not know of any skill template that grants you a heal to just your pets and not anything else (Bysmiel’s Iris uses the Blood of Dreeg Template - note the radius marker that it has).

All modifiers to Call of the Grave have this same issue - it is not confined to this particular amulet.

That is sad indeed.

And given the staunch resistance to making Pneumatic Burst use the Blood of Dreeg template to help Trickster hybrid pet builds (despite the itemization existing to encourage such a spec) I don’t think it would be productive for me to campaign for a template change to Call of the Grave.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.