Deathstalker relic

Hey Guys,

This relic blueprint drops from a hero manticore (Deathstalker) in the Ugdenbog rogue dungeon. The manticore can spawn on Ultimate only. Worse still, the chance to get the blueprint is very small. In all my thousands of hours playing this game, I never got this blueprint. To be fair, I only killed the beast a couple hundred times. Comparing this to Shar’zul and his mace, - got 4 worldeaters in about 150 runs.

After seeing Horns of Ekket’zul drop in SR recently, made me think that it could be easier to obtain these rare MIs in Crucible and SR.

So, does the deathstalker blueprint drop in SR or Crucible? Or is it a special case and can only be farmed by killing the manticore over and over again?

I’m afraid that’s exactly what is happening right now. Getting no more relic BPs from troves, SR, Crucible. Well, I better get ready to farm the kitten…

That’s really awkward problem. Usually, at least to me all relic BP’s dropped in regular rate(miss legit only Necrosis and Oblivion) and I never had target farmed any boss. I suspect I’ve got my Deathstalker recipe in Crucible. Definitely farming Crucible/SR/SoT looks more fruitful, since you can get other benefits. Only reason to grind for Deathstalker is, if it’s irreplaceable for your character.

Not sure what’s worse, facing the beast or SR right now, since it’s a classless HC untwinked run. I’m only barely able to farm early Ultimate. And it’s very slow. I kinda have my mind set on this relic for my endgame spec.

I’m pretty sure it doesn’t drop in Crucible because as far as i know Deathstalker doesn’t spawn there (along with the rest of the AG enemies). Pretty sure you can only get his bp from him in AG.

He’s somewhat scary, specially prone of sudden high damage spikes.

I farmed the rare and existed the dungeon immediately for a whooping 110 times before it dropped.

Now go and make this yours.

Also the drop rate on grimtool is bull.

Why don’t you farm this with another char then, and if you need the relic of the classless, let him wait.

I’m running untwinked, meaning no stash transfer, everything has to be farmed from scratch with this particular char. No exceptions.

This was unlucky. I think the GT is about right.

Easiest way to deal with this guy when weak is to clear a path in order to dodge the teleport and also the AOE attack (6m radius) if possible; I think it will prioritize teleport. Like grava’s charge, iirc upon initiation it will target where you were (every 2 seconds or so). If things get really sketchy you can run to the level entrance.

It gets bad if you have to dodge other enemies at the same time. I got lazy/cocky and once I ran into that crab, Kuba, and the DS all at the same time. The rest was like a Benny Hill episode.

It took me well over 100 runs to get a Worldeater. Rng…