Decent 2H - Rifle Builds

It has been months since i last played this game and got the feeling to start again, before i do i was wondering if there are any decent 2H rifle builds, the last time i played only viable rifle build was the lightning strike one, i also checked the compendium and most rifle-related stuff was from 6 patches ago.

Any advice or tips are appreciated :wink:

… What do you call “Viable”?

If you’re just looking to farm Nemesis, then you’ve many, many options.
If you’re looking to farm top-end Crucible… There’s barely any options of any kind.

any build capable of clearing nemesis, should have specified im just looking for different rifle based builds, hopefully get some ideas and work around them, tweaking them as i see fit

Then generally you’re looking for one of the MANY Fire Strike variants, or Cadence. Fire Strike can focus on Fire, Phys/Fire, Aether/Fire, Lightning/Fire, and Chaos/Fire viably, with differing setups. Cadence is obviously Phys/Int Trauma. Pick a good rifle you have, that has one of those damage types on it, and roll with it.

Worth noting, you don’t need the third or fourth parts of Fire Strike. Obviously if you’re focusing on Lightning or Chaos you do, but otherwise… Don’t bother, usually. Some choose to pick up the fourth part regardless, but it’s optional.

alright, thanks, il mess around grimcalc

Even if you don’t focus on chaos damage, brimstone is worth taking as it is a good source of flat fire damage (more than fire strike default skill) and of AoE

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It’s a personal preference thing I think. Generally if I have a reason to go out to say, Thermite Mine, then I push it further and get Brimstone. But if I’m not going Fire/Lightning, I don’t always go that far, so I don’t push my mastery bar out JUST for Brimstone.

That said, because many people just ADORE Blast Shield, they tend to push farther by default than I do.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53362

Ulzuin build and variations to it at the and. More than viable as you will see in the videos.

Also a commando:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KFr4ZLuFNc

Using fleshwrapped incinerator. Improved it to 20 seconds since then.

+1 Its more than worth going for Brimstone, especially for ranged builds.

has anyone tried ultimate ranking firestrike ( base skill only) … was wondering if its decent for rifle builds or for any build for that matter

My Sorcerer (Demo/Arcanist) is 2H rifle, currently using Brimstone Repeater rifle.

Fire Strike line for attack, Flashbang for crowd control, Maiven’s, Blast Shield and Mirror for defense.

I put Fissure (Magi) on Fire Strike and Elemental Storm (Rhowan’s Crown) on Flashbang, works nicely.

Even if you don’t focus on chaos damage, brimstone is worth taking as it is a good source of flat fire damage (more than fire strike default skill) and of AoE.

Agreed too, I challenge anyone to make a Fire FS build that’s better off without Brimstone.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It’s a personal preference thing I think. Generally if I have a reason to go out to say, Thermite Mine, then I push it further and get Brimstone. But if I’m not going Fire/Lightning, I don’t always go that far, so I don’t push my mastery bar out JUST for Brimstone.

That said, because many people just ADORE Blast Shield, they tend to push farther by default than I do.

I think the onus is more on you to explain why you wouldn’t invest to at least 32/50 in any mastery for the core stats. Even if you’re doing Acid Sabo or melee Phys FS that don’t want any of Static Strike, Brimstone or Thermite Mines, you can’t ignore base stats. That, and Blast Shield is one of the best defensive skills in the game. Low CD circuit breaker that triggers at a high hp percentage ? Nah, overrated :rolleyes:.

For 10 points of overcap you get 40 flat Fire damage, 5% weapon damage and +68% Phys damage, not exactly stellar returns.

The one time I’ve had reason is for an Aether Fire Striker. I focused more into Arcanist, getting Maiven’s and Reckless Power and what not. Didn’t leave me a ton to spend. If I recall, the skills looked something like:
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9AjQVj

I had a few points to spare, so I dumped them into Iskandra’s. The 11 points were certainly not enough to reach and max Brimstone. I could’ve also dumped Mental Alacrity… But that made gameplay smoother, and 21 points still wouldn’t be enough. So…

I mean, the build was using VoS, so I hardly suffered the loss of AOE.

You need much more than that. In the video i posted and improvements i made to it Fire strike has over 20k fire damage with ch’thon mendal proc on. You need every bit of damage to make it work well. It also increases your survivabilty as you rely on life steal to stay alive.