Deep Mines

Just a thought but correct me if i’m wrong please. With the deep mine being tier 4 an end game idea should you already have a ton of resources to have already upgraded most if not all buildings. So the Deep Mines would be then away to maintain your city with out amassing great stock piles of resouces that may never be use in store houses that take up space just my tough while i drink my morning coffee

Build an army of 150 men and maintain it (axes/plate armors/shields/crossbows), then your workers tools use up too and suddenly you realise you need plenty of deep mines. For sand and clay 1 each seems like enough late game. Only the quarry seems like you can reduce the workers to 8 when you finish building walls and upgrade roads.

1 Like

T4 isn’t end game.

It’s the just current state of development.

Would 1 sand or clay mine truly be enough when you are supporting 1000+ pops. Especially if they add more recourses that require glass this would be a heavy burden for 1 mine.

1 Like

Could depend on the map. The one I was playing the other day which is sort of a Plains one has 3 infinite clay deposits on it. Only 1 infinite sand, but then I don’t really expect to see a lot of sand on a Plains map.

With an eye on late gameplay, wouldn’t it be more logical to make the mines upgradeable into deep mines? Otherwise, you are fully dependent on your seed having a few deep mines. If you don’t than you are wholly in the hands of the trader, which also does not seem like a sufficient long-turn strategy.

But you can have too few or even none of some types of ordinary mines depending on the map so couldn’t upgrade in that case. You’d still be reliant on traders. And Crate do play to add an option where you can order specific goods from a trader at a premium price.

I do really like the idea of being able to order from the trader! I think that is a great way of supplementing your resource income, just still in doubt whether or not it will be enough to sustain a large population. Pertaining to the few or no ordinary mines, especially in the case where you have very few ordinary mines it would be nice if you could upgrade them into unlimited mines. Otherwise, you are out of resources before you even get going :P. And if you have none then indeed you are shit out of luck :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

In that unhappiness results in your people getting drunk and murdering each other, & poor Desirability levels will drive away your population, it is impossible to rely on the Trading Post for anything other than the occasional selling of your overstock.

Anyone giving you this advice is not doing you any favors, as it will result in nothing but problems, and eventually the failure of your town, if you persist in chasing goods that way.

There are those who insist otherwise, and make claims to the contrary, but you will notice that they never post screens to back-up those claims.

Maps without critical resources are a waste of your time, unless you like watching your efforts wither and die.

Especially now that Raiders are getting buffed.

1 Like