Demise: Rise of the Ku'tan

Just found that this game is still alive and has a expansion AND a new one is coming soon 0_o.
Its a hardcore grind-filled dungeon crawler from 1999 written on visual basic. 30 dungeons levels filled with nasty monsters that can paralyze, drain stats and health permanently, destroy items, steal, turn to stone and do other fun stuff with PC. Lots of interesting puzzles on levels. Awesome exploarations =) max character lvl is 999 per guild, so you can grind for years :smiley:
Works fine on win10 x64 w/o any magic.
I think I found how to kill time till AoM release :smiley:

Attachment: BurnAir.jpg
Attachment: Cold.jpg
Attachment: nice sword.jpg
Attachment: endgame.jpg
Attachment: Demise.jpg
Attachment: Demise1.jpg
Attachment: demise2.jpg
Attachment: demise3.jpg
Attachment: Demise1.jpg
Attachment: demise2.jpg
Attachment: demise3.jpg

Ptirodaktill, are you and old-timer from the early days? I was an early beta tester when it was called Mordor II stillā€¦then Infinite Worlds, and then finally Demise.

I even have a framed Boris Vallejo print up on my wall from when it was released :slight_smile:

Glad to see that Decklin has put so much effort into revamping and upgrading the game. Itā€™s a lot of fun!

Nope, I have no connection to dev team, but I love the game. Level design hooked me for long time, lots of small detail in levels, awesome items icons, nasty creeps. =)
Must been a lot of work to test it all, IRC I reach lvl 30 for first time after half year of gameplay . =)

Iā€™ve been involved/playing it off and on for nearly 20 years. Iā€™ve yet to fight TKJ, or complete the main story line. I have fun every time I play, though :slight_smile:

hm, do you run solo character or a party? With two giand warriors at lvl 300+ I steamrolled most content.

I tend to run a party in single player. I always run a Saris. I canā€™t help it. That race calls to meā€¦I also tend to multiclass to the max, too. Ohā€¦and I run a Gnome, tooā€¦gotta run a Gnomeā€¦

Omg, Saris. How ppl level Saris? No extra swings and no fighting ability at all and no mana to nuke lairs. No wonder you have a hard time :cry:
Im running right now 2 Gaint Warriors/Explorers Ogre Warrior/thief and punny elfish girl lolodin/magi/sorc. Im on my holy war against dwarfes ATM, genociding poor midgets for exp and lolz. Killed Slave driver and Norns, got Goblin head.

Oh man, lvling casters is such a pain >> Leveling any non-Warrior is not fair in Demise=( I wonder why multy-class penalty wasnā€™t changed and XP requirement on mages remain the same? Warrior is the best class with no drawbacks, yeat he gets all the stuff - faster item acsess, swings,AD early HP boost and he is also one of the less XP hungry classes. >> My lolodin caster girl feel like I`ve taken her in the party just for sex appeal >> And its not that far from truth >>

Well this brings back memories, been a while since I played Mordor. :slight_smile:
Also never got beyond I think Lv6 but man was it fun!
Have to have a look at number 2 now cheers guys.

Kicked useless lolidin elf-girl out of my manparty. Picked furball instead to fill the role of resist-caster.
Pushed all main guilds to 101, mapped dungeon down to lvl 14.

Sounds like youā€™re cranking and having a blast, glad to hear it!

Finaly found a decent spell for my sorc

Burning undead for loot and lools. Oh, these oldscool nukes :cool:

NICE! (adding additional characters to get beyond 10, so I can post)

Found nearly all spells for my Sorc - missing terminate existence and Death Drain. I`m using right now Dark powa as autocast in first slot and that sorc finaly feel like a worthy addition to the team .

Dat sword. I wonder if I level up fast enough to use it before new Addon for GD goes live :smiley:

I really need to sit down and play Demise again. Such a fun game.

Im slowly getting intro endgame. [img]https://www.grimdawn.com/api/attachments/get.php?id=19994&stc=1&d=1541578533[/img] Found all spells except ā€œterminate existenceā€, most secondary equipment is alredy maxed. Got intro 300s levels on main guilds. Idle hurt, a lot, I think Im gona drop explorer on 501 and never come back.

Pushed everyone to lvl 400+. Most equipment is alredy maxed, I`m lacking Blessings >_> Found only 2 so far need 13 more :frowning: Well, I wonder if I can find remaining blessings till I hit lvl 500.

Lvl 500 sorc and only two blessing of Morash so far :cry: Oh, man, these droprates are retarded >_>

I think I found 2 blessings total in my heyday