Demolisionist, Mortar Trap, The Big One

Hi guys!

Today I was testing a build and i found out that mortar trap use the big one skill once or never. It doesn’t do anything if i put down only 1 or 6 at the same time.

I don’t know it is a bugg or not, but this is wierd.

So now it is crap the skill. Only 1 point wonder.

My suggestions:

1. Add a CD to that skill… We don’t know nothing where or when it shoots this projectile. This can help us.
    1.b This allows us to forseshadow to see how works the skill. Right know we don’t forshadow how works properly…

It fires “The Big One” once per mortar on the 5th or 6th shot.
I have noticed that sometimes it doesn’t fire but still relatively hard to test.
At least now “The Big One” does fire against the training dummy unlike past iterations.

TBH with all the cool new mortar trap mods it really is just a waste of points to invest in the big one. The shot also isnt effected by mortar trap 100% phys to fire conversions… making it even more pointless.

This is inaccurate. All skill mods affect both the default Mortar shot and The Big One.

Must be a display error or a missing tooltip change. When using the 100% phys to fire it changes the wording on the tooltip for mortar, but doesnt change it for the big one. :dizzy_face:

Not really, it affects the whole line. This is the same for every other skills, u see on the first than the line get it too.

Back in vanilla, TBO used to be a 1 pointer, provided you have some +skills (which you usually do) Have things not been changed to make it more useful in the expac?

Like @Duck_King pointed out it’s hard to test. Most of the time I wonder if it’s increasing my DPS at all.

I like @Nandi’s point about not being able to predict TBO. I personally feel like it should fire off as the first shot of the trap . Additionally instead of %slow target I’d prefer if it simply had in-built %Crit Damage (which fits the name of the modifier)
Removing CC shouldn’t affect the performance of the Mortar Build cause we can always get CC from other sources or even from the second mastery if necessary. Innate %Crit would help out with damage output of the trap itself and make the modifier more attractive. I am unsure how this would play-out with the Pyrran Set though cause that set already seems like overkill in MC (not broken but very strong if piloted correctly)

@Chthon

U can check most of the builds around that set is below 6 min and with better pilote and luck it can be under 5 min.

I told ya! Big One is crap. Maybe, big maybe, on some exotic setups with Anderos gun and Terrnox Arcane Tome.

It was stated multiple times that tool tips do not reflect every information and are wrong most of the time.

Yes, but there are skill mods that are not affected by a conversion applied to the main skill. I thought this might be one of those few. /Shrug

This is the skill node that are not affected by item skill mod or transmuter:

• Deadly momentum
  • Ulzuin’s wrath
  • Explosive strike
  • Vile eruption
  • Nightfall
  • Lethal assault
  • Torrent
  • Lighting tether
  • Foul eruption
  • Spectral wrath
  • Soul harvest

This list is made back from AoM though. In Oathkeeper, I suspect this will be the skill nodes that are not affected by item skill mod or transmuter:

• soulfire
  • volcanic stride
  • heart of wrath