Demolitionist skill

hi, i’m trying to make an auto attack build with 2H gun
of course using “Fire Strike”, but my question is “Explosive Strike” and “Brimstone” add damage to firestrike? or it’s just AOE without adding any single target damage. btw which one is better? always AOE with range or splinter attack?

and then there’s “Flame Touch/Temper”, is it add single target or AOE from fire strike? i think it’s single target? idk
also for “Vindictive FLame/Ulzuin W”, i suppose it’s another attack alltogether (ie not stacking Fire Strike) is it?

i got confused on damage stat since it looks like it all adds up, but description say other wise

explosive strike adds dmg to the main target and AoE
Brimstone on ranged attack is AoE from fragments
you want both, getting brimstone up (and explosive strike) basically lets you clear a group of enemies with fewer shots needed, just from hitting the main target,

Flamtouched/Temper is what’s called a global buff, so boosts all your corresponding dmg types accordingly through the %dmg, and the flat dmg is added to your weapon attacks (scaled by %weapon dmg in a skill)

Vindicitive Flame is two component buff, first part is a dmg attack the happens when someone hits you, it will then apply the dmg listed in AoE form to enemies in close range, Ulzuin wrath then triggers on enemies further away (if there were any enemies in close range to be hit by VF first)
other stats like the speed gets added as a global buff, which would then boost your rate of fire and thus your dps

so basically explosive strike is both (aoe and single) while brimstone just AOE?
noted

thanks, i now know which path i should take

on ranged yes,
on melee brimstone don’t add aoe (no fragments) the flat dmg is just added straight to Firestrike itself
keep in mind, brimstone is strong af aoe, and is usually greatly recommended to take, to the degree rushing it during leveling is good on ranged chars using fire strike

Brimstone on ranged also adds damage to your shot fired at enemies before it fragments as well so is single target + AoE. The fragments only deal the damage listed on Brimstone itself.

1 Like

i see, it looks like it’s a must have skill
thanks for answering me

you sure? or am i misreading/misunderstanding zantai’s meaning here (as the context wasn’t exactly about ST application)

Brimstone is a secondary effect that launches fragments at nearby enemies. It has no interaction with the base damage of Fire Strike

granted it/he doesn’t say that said dmg doesn’t apply to the main target (context being about wps interaction and leech), but the way it reads, and as i’ve always understood ranged brimstone, is that it’s pure aoe ? - and as such any main target dmg would be from the fragments hitting the main target like on fatties

doing a quick search i cant seem to find other posts mentioning brimstone adding base dmg to main target aside from yours :thinking:

1 Like

It is added, :zantai: meant something else in the last sentence, it’s out of context I think.

2 Likes

cheers, that’s good to know then
would seem i was wrong on that part then @ph34r and Brimstone is even better since you get base main target dmg added too aside from fragments - also explains why rushing Brimstone is so awesome during leveling

lol ye, it’s super easy to notice in game on a 1pt fire strike with 0 vs 12pt brimstone on target dummy, can’t believe i’ve never actually bothered testing this before like that :rofl:

2 Likes

haha, yeah me too
i’m just no good with observation

Yeah, Brimstone is a must have, especially with a ranged Firestrike build. Also you’ll find allot of gear that buffs fire and chaos damage, and Brimstone will get a buff from both of those.
Most FS builds will invest in every mod along the FS tree. Even static strike…though it adds lightning damage, it also has a fire damage buff, and it’s Knockdown chance is extra CC. Many builds that emphasize the fire and chaos damage will keep that one at one point though, and let +skills make up the difference.

But for a fire/chaos build, max FS and Brimstone, 1 pt in Static, and as many points as you can in Explosive strike.