[Dev] Omega Mod

If something is working in the base mod but is not in a compilation like DAIL, please report the bug in the DAIL thread, there could be a lot of reasons for bugs.
Thank you

Hey just wanted to drop in and say I had the exact same problem, however once I turned in my first omega quest and recieved Omega Level 1, omega nemesis bosses started to spawn. (Example, paid 20 boss souls while being at omega level 0, killed 30 nemesis bosses and nothing, became omega level 1 and got an omega nemesis boss in my first chest. Only paid 20 boss souls one time.)

So it doesn’t seem to work at omega level 0.

Thank you DeathStar for pointing that out !
Yes it’s supposed to work this way, I will add it on the description.
You need to have completed at least 1 Omega Quest to start spawning Omega boss/Nemesis.So if you are Omega level 0 and buy the buff it will be effective once you have completed the first quest.

Omega V.1.0
Requires expansion Ashes of Malmouth
Fixed the factions with the new factions, Omega faction (User13) friendly with every other and hostile against the player.
Added the following objectives to Endless Omega Quest :

Kill Kubacabra, the Tenacious - Beast Nemesis
Kill Archmage Aleksander - Aetherial Vanguard Nemesis
Kill Grava’Thul, the Voiddrinker - Chthonian Nemesis
Kill The Master of Flesh ~ Theodin Marcell
Kill Reaper of the Lost (Barrowholm Nemesis) or The Actually Final Form of the Clone of John Bourbon

Kill Lokarr

Added the new Omega Nemesis and Lokar+Ravager as possible Omega boss dropping Hyperdrive.Lokar and Ravager are not buffed, they were already great challenges but they spawn with one Omega guard.
Other changes to Omega item skills.

Omega V1.1

Added Endless Omega Quest objective:
Kill Gargabol, Heart of the wild

Omega v.1.1

Haven’t played too much of it, but i like it so far

I was wondering, do you plan on working on the mod after Forgotten Gods release? The work done so far is extraordinary, really

Thank you, I don’t know yet.
I would not have done this mod like this if I knew the Shattered Realm was coming.
If I update it it would just be to add some monsters to Omega quest like the end game boss of FG and some boss from the shattered realm.

As I prefer to focus on other things, I will not update this mod after the next expansion.
The sources are included so if anyone is interested he/she can make the update and/or modify the mod.

Will someone PLEASE update this to FG? pretty please! :slight_smile: Would make a lot of people happy im sure.

So, this mod isn’t going to be for Forgotten Gods and latest patch ?
Because it would be a shame to left it “abandoned”

Anyone who wants to update it can do it, I shared the source files.

Hello, may someone get me a working download link for the mod? :pray:

This mod is included in that Combomod that recently got updated.

1 Like

Omega_1.1.7z

1 Like

Any reason why there’s a maps folder and what to do with it? I ported the mod over to Grimarillion for personal use (including merging arz and arc by hand for the few files that needed it), but there is no maps.arc while there is a maps folder in the source. I’m not sure if i need to do anything with it. It’s only 8 KB in size, too.

Hi. That maps folder should be a leftover from the games premade modstructure he used back then. Not needed! Have a good time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good morning okami :slight_smile:
I am playing around with chat.openai.com to maybe solve errors in your omegascript, this is totally fascinating what the ai gives out for error resolving, even if i do not speak lua at all xD so i have a question if this can be true, as you might know it better, want to show you this. this is what the ai generated for error resolving on this function “function omega.scripts.reward”:

"It looks like this script is designed to run in a game called “Omega”. It appears to be trying to give the player a new token based on the token they currently have and removing the old token.

I see that the script is trying to give the player tokens with names like ‘OMEGA_LEVEL_1’, ‘OMEGA_LEVEL_2’, etc. But the loop is running only 99 times, So it will not give the last token ‘OMEGA_LEVEL_100’ because the loop ends at 99.

You can fix this by changing the loop from:

for i=1,99 do

to

for i=1,100 do

Also, you have commented out this line --if Game.GetGameDifficulty() == Game.Difficulty.Legendary then which is checking the game difficulty level before giving the reward. It may be important to keep this check in place, or to remove it if it is no longer needed.

Lastly, you have commented out this line --player:GiveItem('records/combomod/items/currency/om_orb_supply01.dbr',1,true); which is giving the player an item. If this is not supposed to be used, you can remove it."

Is this correct to better change the 99 to 100, is this maybe a reason for crashes? :smiley: i will further investigate all scripts with this ai, this is totally fascinating :slight_smile:

Absolutely not the reason for crashes.
At i=99 if player has token OMEGA_LEVEL_99 it will given i+1 wich is OMEGA_LEVEL_100 so i is effectively between 1 and 99.

1 Like

alright, thanks for clarification :slight_smile: