[Dev] Omega Mod

[Dev] [v0.3][Open Source] OMEGA MOD
Presentation by NxHunter

What This Mod Is About

Increase end-game content : new quests, items,buffs, unique boss.
Slowly increase power by rewarding the player the more they dismantle Legendary items and kill Heroes monsters (in Ultimate Difficulty).
Increase build diversity by offering a large choice of rewards.
Allow the player to farm where they want but still promote farming in different areas and kill different monsters.
Account-bound progression.

1-Description

• Heroes monsters killed in Ultimate difficulty automatically gives you a Hero Soul in your inventory
  • Dismantling any Legendary item gives you a Legendary Essence item*
  • Boss monsters killed in Ultimate difficulty automatically gives you a Boss Soul in your inventory

Hero soul (HS) and Legendary Essence (LE) item only occupy 1 inventory slot each, are untradable (you can put them in shared stash) and stacks to 10000.
Each Omega Quest completed grants you an Omega orb.
Omega orb is a currency used to increase endless buffs levels.
Talk to Kamui Shiro, Omega Quest giver, in Devil crossing and he will cast all endless buffs you chose.
He can also reset your total omega orb and endless buffs choices.

*Legendary items having a component inserted must be salavaged before dismantling.
2- Repeatable quest

Each quest reward you with 1 Omega Orb.Omega quest is infinitely repeatable.You can hide it if you want.You have to complete all objectives.

[ul]
[li]Collect 180 Hero Souls, 28 Legendary Essence.[/li]> [li]Kill Kilrian, the Tainted Soul[/li]> [li]Kill Alkamos, Lord Executioner[/li]> [li]Kill Shar’Zul, Harbinger of Chaos[/li]> [li]Kill Loghorrean, the Voice of Ch’thon.[/li]> [li]Kill all nemesis : Valdaran, the Storm Scourge ; Benn’Jhar, the Colossal ; Fabius “the Unseen” Gonzar ; Moosilauke, the Chillwind ; Zantarin the Eternal or The Iron Maiden[/li]> [li]Kill Rashalga, the Mad Queen[/li]> [li]Kill The Sentinel[/li]> [li]Kill Overlord Van Aldritch[/li]> [li]Kill Kubacabra, the Tenacious - Beast Nemesis[/li]> [li]Kill Archmage Aleksander - Aetherial Vanguard Nemesis[/li]> [li]Kill Grava’Thul, the Voiddrinker - Chthonian Nemesis[/li]> [li]Kill The Master of Flesh ~ Theodin Marcell[/li]> [li]Kill Reaper of the Lost (Barrowholm Nemesis) or The Actually Final Form of the Clone of John Bourbon[/li]> [li]Kill Lokarr[/li]> [li]Kill Gargabol, Heart of the wild[/li]> [/ul]

Max Omega level is 100.
After Omega level 100, your are rewarded with a random item.

• Empty potion of attribute : A reagent used to craft an attribute potion with any nemesis MI (67% chance)
  • Potion of attribute : +1 permanent attribute (33% chance - Soulbound)

3- Omega boss

Each time you kill a Hero monster in Ultimate Difficulty you have a low chance to summon a unique Omega boss monster, that can drop it’s own unique MI.
The chance to summon a Omega boss scales with your Omega level according to this formula :
(1+Omega level) /18000 = 0,56 % chance at Omega level 100
You can also trade boss souls at Kamui Shiro for a one-time buff that gives you a 100% chance to summon an Omega boss the next time you open a Nemesis chest if you have at least completed the first Omega quest (Omega level 1 or greater).
When an Omega boss is spawned a cursed is automatically casted on the ground for 25 seconds.It has a radius of 18 meters (nearly all the screen).
You must RUN outside of it as fast as you can.Otherwise while inside the curse area you will suffer :

• 100 absolute reduced resistance
  • 100 flat reduced Total damage (you deal less damage)
  • Slowed (-70% total speed)
  • 3% current life damage (3 times per second)
  • 23 vitality damage (3 times per second).This is increased by Omega boss stat.

Omega boss are (for now) enhanced Nemesis and you can encounter all 6 variants whatever is your factions (I changed their innate factions to Undead).
They have 2x Health, 10% more OA and DA.At 50% health they will automatically summon totem that cast meteor skills.
They can drop a potion of experience (use it to level up other characters or devotion skills) or a low chance to drop a rare Mi (up to 2 affixes).

4- Account bound

After completing a Quest you gain a recipe that allows any character to craft an item that instantly level up it’s omega level.
Just reset your omega orbs to be given the corresponding number of orbs.
The purpose is to make the progression “account bound” like the paragon system from Diablo 3 or Omega system from Marvel Heroes.
This system works until Omega level 100.

5-Endless buffs

Most endless skills costs 1 Omega Orb per level.Each skill has it’s own maximum level and omega orb cost.
Talk to NPC to be buffed according to the skills you chose.

Skills with multiple levels [X orb/level][Max level]:

Endless Speed : +1% Total Speed per level. [1/lvl][Max 30]
Endless Shield : +4% Shield block chance , -4% Shield Recovery Time, +10% shield damage blocked per level.[4/lvl][Max 5]
Endless Projectile Speed : +10% Projectile Speed and +5 OA per level.[1/lvl][Max 8]
Endless All Damage: +10% All Damage and +2% Total damage per level.[10/lvl][Max 7]
Endless Reflection: +100% Damage reflected and +50% total Retaliation Damage per level.[15/lvl][Max 2]
Endless Petmaster bonus: +100% Pet damage and +10% pet offensive ability.[20/lvl][Max 2]

Endless skills with 1 level :

• Endless Cooldown Reduction: +10% Skill Cooldown Reduction.[20 orbs]
  • Endless Absolute Resistance Reduction: +10% Reduced target’s Resistance For 4 Seconds.[20 orbs]
  • Endless Max Resistance: +5% Max all resistance.[15 orbs]
  • Endless Skill Energy Cost Reduction: +20% Skill Energy cost reduction [20 orbs]
  • Endless Attack damage converted to health : +10% Attack damage converted to health.[20 orbs]
  • Endless Defense : +150 flat Damage absorption , +5% Defensive ability, +85 defensive ability. [20 orbs]
  • Endless Health : +20% Health and + 500 health [20 orbs]

Planned feature : at Omega level 100 you can choose to make your buff not dispelable but will no longer be able to reset omega orbs (prevent abuse).
Balance Issues
I will try to balance as much as possible to make each endless skill usefull for some build.
But there will be nerfs or increase in power that’s why you can freely reset your omega orb by talking to an NPC.

Compatibility
Will be compatible with every mods that adds new Legendary items and new/modified Heroes as long as they did not touch the Orb spawning on death (like the d01_chesthero_all_01.dbr).
Also might not be compatible with games changing how dismantling works.
You can use, modify, share and do what you want with my mod as long as you credit me and put a link to the original mod discussion.
For example you can take a look at DAIL.

Images

Development
V0.63
Change some lua function to call random things like random into math.random.
Added a small distorsion effect to teleport skill

V0.62
New Nemesis soul bitmap (changed to a green-blue orb)
In the meantime I will change the reward after level 100, to 33% potion attribute and 67% empty potion.
The recipe to craft a potion of attribute will now require :
-1 Empty potion of attribute
-5 Nemesis shoulder MI
-180 Hero souls
-28 Legendary essences
-20 Boss souls
-1 Mythical relic of level 70 (any one)

CHANGELOG
DOWNLOAD on Google Drive (The file contains the mod and source files):
Omega v.1.1
Omega 1.01
Omega 0.78

Alternative download link :
https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/grim-dawn-omega-mod/

Attachment: grimmest_07m1-Omega_01P.zip
Attachment: wtf yoUntitled.jpg
Attachment: OMEGA_01.jpg
Attachment: OMEGA_02.jpg

1 Like

How does hero souls change the game mechanics of disassembly for legendary parts? http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Blacksmith

Etram can also craft random Legendary items from 5 categories, for a cost of 75,000 Iron Bits, 1 Polished Emerald, and a quantity of rare crafting materials:

Accessories (8 Ancient Hearts)
Armor (8 Blood of Ch’thon)
Caster Weapons (8 Tainted Brain Matter) [includes Off-Hands]
Melee Weapons (8 Tainted Brain Matter) [includes Shields]
Ranged Weapons (8 Ancient Hearts)

You can disassemble items and get the components, easily converting a bunch of greens into the legendary slot of your choice.

The potion mechanic is probably not as good as a skill mechanic, because the potions would reset every game session. A skill on an item is reusable and can be refreshed easily by weapon swap.

This sounds cool, but I’m not sure this adds much to the game if I am understanding you correctly.

Looks somewhat promising, but if you increase the power of a character as he plays I hope you’re planning on making your end-game more difficult.

I kinda like the idea of using Omega Orbs are currency to buy bottomless potions, that’s an easy way to make buffs that don’t rely on getting equipped/socketed into equipment.

Legendary Essence goal is to allow you to keep the feeling of improvement from finding these items (even if you still have the best possible gear) and make them always worthwhile instead of selling them because they :

• take too much stash space
  • doesn’t suit your build
  • doesn’t have a good roll

I might change the recipe and increase the number of items need to make a Legendary item as I am not against people recycling green items as long as it takes the same amount of time to find a Legendary item.Same thing for other recipes that allow to craft Legendary items.

I want the rewards from this mod to stack with everything else.
It’s an additionnal layer of power improvement that is improving very slowly (1 Omega Orb/10 hours).
A skill on an item would replace an item or an augment or a component but the potion effect is an additional stack of power that you only need to cast once per game session, it’s not very time consuming and it’s instant cast.
If modding allowed to make permanent passive skill reward (like in TQ !) and remove skills (to reset your choice) I would have done so…maybe after the expansion dev would give us back this function.I don’t know why they removed it.

100% Projectile speed???

I think you are underestimating how much this will effect your skills. Lol.

If this is a global effect, it will effect PRM, DEE to a degree that would make the projectile INSANELY fast. With 2 levels of that potion, 200% speed, the projectile would become a blur almost, and travel 3 times farther than normal. They already crosses the entirety of the screen, so you’ll hit things 3 screens away. Heck, even the projectiles that pop out from PRM’s shards, or the DEE fractures, will have that speed bonus and probably not even hit anything they are meant to.

Have you tried it yet? Try it, just modify a passive or make a new innate passive that grants the proj speed, and reconsider that stat lol. I used to have a mastery in TQ in my mod (asylumsmod) that grants a huge bonus to proj speed, I changed it because of how it affected EVERY projectile to a ridiculous degree.

Thanks ASYLUM101 all bonuses from the potions are not balanced yet, and I have not tried them.I can’t make bottomless potion work and cast a custom skill yet.
Also once the mod will be release I hope players will tell me if something is OP or underpowered.
Yep I will change it to 10% instead and increase the max level to 3 for example.
That’s why there is an option to reset your omega orb and removes all potions if I need to nerf things later.
Players will always keep their quest progression but if there is an update making their potion choice less interesting they won’t lose anything.

To test game balance, Asylum makes a very good suggestion. I wouldn’t release it as a huge buff to a passive skill, but you can test it as a passive skill on a class you already play.

I am not against potions, I was trying to think of how the game handles things. My buffs are toggled off when I first log in. Working within the framework of GD is much easier than working against it and probably more successful too.

After thinking and testing, the endless buffs I think I might change the system.
Bottomless potions wre removed because the consumable_skilltre is limited.
Endless buffs could be abused after reseting omega orbs exept if I made the skills dispelable but this is not convenient.
So I will make the source of the mod available if another modders like to learn from this idea.

I will now test instead medal augment that grants a toggled buff.Maybe augments will replace endless buffs at higher level
I have also introduced the Omega boss monsters that have a low chance to spawns after killing an Heor monster in Ultimate.
The chance to spawn is increased according to your Omega level.
Omega boss are essentially modified nemesis monsters but don’t count as a nemesis kill, don’t drop nemesis MI but instead carry their own awesome MI.
They can spawn anywhere you kill a Hero monster, so you have to be always prepared !

Great concept, can’t wait to see where it goes. Its great the devs have allowed projects like this to happen.

ok so i tried this

i dissassembled fateweavers leggings that had both a component and augment in it.

i got some scrap and a random component out of it. plus the original component returned as well. i did not get a legendary essense.

maybe it breaks if the item isn’t “clean” first? do we need to remove augment and component for it to work? perhaps throw a warning message or something.

or just fix it :smiley:

Yes if the item has already a component into it , it will only give you the component, not the legendary essence, sorry.
I don’t know if it’s possible to fix, I am not sure it’s possible to add a message but I will look into it.
Dismentling an item with an augment but no component will grant you a Legendary essence.
So if you already have a component inserted you need first to salvage it then dismentle it to receive a Legendary Essence.

From what I have seen I don’t think it’s possible to make a message prompt.
Thank you.

no worries. maybe throw a warning in the quest text itself (or somewhere). maybe the quest giver?

CHANGELOG for OMEGA mod
Omega V.1.0
Requires expansion Ashes of Malmouth
Fixed the factions with the new factions, Omega faction (User13) friendly with every other and hostile against the player.
Added the following objectives to Endless Omega Quest :

Kill Kubacabra, the Tenacious - Beast Nemesis
Kill Archmage Aleksander - Aetherial Vanguard Nemesis
Kill Grava’Thul, the Voiddrinker - Chthonian Nemesis
Kill The Master of Flesh ~ Theodin Marcell
Kill Lokarr
Kill Reaper of the Lost (Barrowholm Nemesis) or The Actually Final Form of the Clone of John Bourbon

Added the new Omega Nemesis and Lokar+Ravager as possible Omega boss dropping Hyperdrive.Lokar and Ravager are not buffed, they were already great challenges but they spawn with one Omega guard.
Other changes to Omega item skills.
v0.71
Scaled Experience reward from the replaced quest “The Spirit Guide” (completed with conversation) to match the exact reward in the base game :
Normal : 100 Xp
Elite : 5500 Xp
Ultimate :14000 XP
Previous version were giving 100 XP whatever the difficulty .

Added new bitmap for the new item called “Stack of 500 Hero souls”.Added recipe to craft a “Stack of 500 Hero souls” from 500 hero souls.The recipe drops from Challenge boss.
The item “Stack of 500 Hero souls” is used with the “reroll token” for the rerolling recipe on Omega item affixes.

v0.66
Intoduced a conversation line to switch NPC Omega quest giver since it’s not anymore possible to have more than 17 skills per NPC:
NPC Original can cast :
Cooldown Reduction , Absolute Resistance Reduction, Max Resistance, Skill Energy Cost Reduction, Attack damage converted to health, Defense, Health, Petmaster (1-2), Reflection(1-2), Shield (1-5),Speed (1)
NPC version 1 can cast :Projectile Speed(1-5),All damage (1-7),Total Speed (2-6)
NPC version 2 can cast :Total Speed (7- 23)
NPC version 3 can cast :Total Speed (24-30)
v0.64

Reduced hyperdrive Teleport cooldown to 1 second
Changed Omega shield proc on block.Might need balancing.
Reduced Omega boss spawn chance when killing Hero ennemies to :
(1+Omega level) /18000 =0,56 % chance at Omega level 100
So the best way to farm them for now is the buff granted with boss souls.But you could still find one randomly when killing Heroes monsters anywhere in the game.

V0.63
Change some lua function to call random things like random into math.random.

V0.62
New Nemesis soul bitmap (changed to a green-blue orb)
In the meantime I will change the reward after level 100, to 33% potion attribute and 67% empty potion.
The recipe to craft a potion of attribute will now require :
-1 Empty potion of attribute
-5 Nemesis shoulder MI
-180 Hero souls
-28 Legendary essences
-20 Boss souls
-1 Mythical relic of level 70 (any one)

V0.61
Kilrian Omega Guard has 5% chnce to drop Kilrian’s Shattered Soul
Armor legendary recipe under level 60 now also requires a Legendary essence.

V0.6

Omega boss and guardians are now faction_omega_hostile faction13
faction_omega_hostile is hostile to the player and is ally with every other faction.
For Modders : I use Faction13 for faction_omega_hostile
v0.51
Changed the buff cost to spawn omega nemesis to 20 boss souls
v0.5
Changed the objectives number to 180 Heroes Souls, 28 Legendary Essence.
Introduced boss souls dropping on Ultimate difficulty from boss orb on death.
Introduced a buff to have a 100% chance to spawn an Omega Nemesis the next time you open a Nemesis chest for 8 Boss souls.You need to be at least Omega level 1 for it to work.
Talk to Kamui Shiro to buy this buff.

v0.45
Improved the Omega guard buff to give also enough Defensive ability to make other “ennemies allies” untouchable.Still I want it to do an instant invincible effect so it might be changed later if I found how to do it.
v0.4
Following Grim Dawn update 1.0.0.4 that changed :
“Etram Fald now crafts belts when creating random Legendary Armor only, previously belts were also possible when crafting a random Accessory.”
I reuploaded the random legendary acessory recipe.
All random legendary recipe needs a Legendary essence in order to prevent abuse.
Some Omega boss MI have receive +1 all skills.

Omega Nemesis changes :
There is 2 ways to spawn an Omega Nemesis (or Omega boss) in Ultimate difficulty :
1 - A variable chance when killing a Hero monster : 0,02% x Omega Level (max 2% at Omega level 100).
2 - A fixed chance 4% on opening a Nemesis chest.For this you need to be at least Omega Level 1.
This will allow you to farm for a specific Omega boss Infrequent (0,5% chance to drop).
Aetherial chest ->Empowered Valdaran, Omega nemesis -> Drop boot MI with a Teleport skill
Chthonian chest ->Empowered Benn’Jahr, Omega Nemesis->Drop belt MI
Kymon chest ->Empowered The Iron Maiden, Omega Nemesis->Drop Shield MI
Order Death Vigil ->Empowered Zantarin, Omega Nemesis->Katana
Outlaw->Empowered Fabius “the Unseen” Gonzar, Omega Nemesis->Sacred Sword with a no cooldown skill that teleport to the enemy like Shadow strike but only 100%Weapon damage.
Undead->Empowered Moosilauke, Omega Nemesis-> Caster hat with an improved Aldanar’s Vanity effect.

Drop rate for Omega Monster infrequent is 0,5% except for the boots 0,75%.

Intoduced Omega Bodyguards
When an Omega boss spawns, there will also always be :
1- A curse on the ground 25 for seconds
2- Randomly Between 1 and 4 Heroes monsters
3- Kilrian, Omega Guard - Giver of Immortality.
He has an aura that instantly regenerate the health of all monsters around him in a 18 meters radius.
He cast two golden spinning hammer orbiting around him.
these hammers a 100% chance to stun you for 1 second and if they hit you they will generate 2 more hammers far away and 2 others even more far away.They can stack !
First you need to get out of the curse.
Then you need to kill “Omega Guard - Giver of Immortality” without being hit by his hammers !
Finally you can kill all other monsters

Here is what happens if you are hit by his hammer ! :wink: so be carefull !

v0.31
Added katana bitmap and changed glowing of mesh file, still need adjustments.
v0.3
Added Katana mesh and fx
Added objectives to Omega quest :
Kill Rashalga, the Mad Queen, Kill The Sentinel
v0.2
Omega katana added.Mesh and texture will be changed later when the plugin to export mesh will be available.
All 6 Omega boss MI are now available.
v0.1P
Omega boss MI caster hat (drop from Empowered Moosilauke).

v0.1O
Added Omega boss MI belt (drop from chthonian empowered nemesis).
Changed particle Effect of shield boss MI.

v0.1N
You can remove or modify your own gameengine.dbr if needed :it’s only used for the entry Misc->absoluteRunSpeedCapMax 1500 in order to allow weapon-blik spells like Shadow strike to act more like a really “teleport effect”.
Added sword (drop from enhanced outlaw Nemesis) and shield (drom from enhanced Iron Maidon) Omega boss MI : might be changed later but you will keep your precious item.
v0.1M
Add a big ray of light (lasts 5 seconds) and a big green explosion + Notification when an Omega MI is on the ground.This is to prevent players from missing the item in case they have loot filter for rare items.
Also reduced the chance for an Omega boss MI to drop at 0.5%.

v0.1L
Added Omega boss MI Hyperdrive boots.

v0.1k
Added Level 2 Endless Petmaster bonus

v0.1j
Omega quest only available in Ultimate Difficulty
v0.1i
-Add Endless buffs : Reflection
-Changed Hero Soul icon
-Changed Hero Soul and Legendary Essence item type to allow placing them in the transfer stash (still untradeable).
-Introduced spawning of Omega boss :
Chance to spawn an Omega boss when killing an Hero= Omega level x 0.02%. Max 2% at level 100
Omega boss drop potion of Experience.
Omega boss MI not yet implemented
When an Omega boss is spawned a cursed is automatically casted on the ground for 25 seconds.It has a radius of 18 meters (nearly all the screen).
You must RUN outside of it as fast as you can.Otherwise while inside the curse area you will suffer :

Omega boss are (for now) enhanced Nemesis and you can encounter all 6 variants whatever is your factions (I changed their innate factions to Undead).
They have 2x Health, 10% more OA and DA.
v0.1g
-conversation option What is my Omega level.
-Endless buffs : Health, defense
v 0.1f
Added Endless buff Attack damage converted to health
v 0.1e
Added Endless buff +All damage
All endless buffs last 72000 seconds =20 hours
v 0.1d
Endless buffs available :
total Speed , Shield , Projectile Speed, Cooldown Reduction, Absolute Resistance Reduction, Max Resistance, Endless Skill Energy Cost Reduction, Petmaster bonus
v 0.02
Quest 1,2 done
NPC Quest Giver done

v 0.01

• Essence of a Legendary, Hero Soul, Omega Orb items added
  • Fully working : Dismantling any Legendary item reward you with a Legendary Essence.
  • Fully working in SP: Killing any Hero (in Ultimate) that spawn an orb on death automaticaly gives the player an Hero Soul.There are 488/499 Hero monsters that spawn an orb on death.
  • Not working : Potion with infinite usage (can only cast already existing spells)
    Notes : Some heros monster doesn’t drop an orb so they will not give you a Hero Soul in your inventory but there are only 5 I think like:
    \records\creatures\enemies\bounties\ro_bounty10.dbr
    \records\creatures\enemies\chthoniandreadguard_d01b_summon.dbr
    \records\creatures\enemies\chthoniandreadguard_d01_summon.dbr

Reserved for additional informations.

Test fusion Omega v0.1h with Jiaco Grimmer and Grimmest v0.6.6.1
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=98054987693591447958

hey ive borrowed your hard work and i would liek to include in my half assed mod compilation

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38785

if your ok and the other guy are ok ill upload my compilation as it grows.

Of course you can. Anybody can do whatever they want, modify, share, use this mod as long as they credit me and put a link to the original thread of the mod.
Thanks

thank you. ill try and keep it up to date

v0.1i
-Add Endless buffs : Reflection
-Changed Hero Soul icon
-Changed Hero Soul and Legendary Essence item type to allow placing them in the transfer stash (still untradeable).
-Omega quest automatically begins after killing a hero ennemy on Ultimate difficulty if you don’t have it (usefull if you are in a dungeon and can not talk to Omega Quest giver).
-Introduced spawning of Omega boss :
Chance to spawn an Omega boss when killing an Hero= Omega level x 0.02%. Max 2% at level 100
Omega boss drop potion of Experience.
Omega boss MI not yet implemented

They have 2x Health, 10% more OA and DA.

quest is appearing in normal/vet/elite difficulties… per your description, it shouldn’t be available until ultimate