Devotion setup question

Fellow Dawners,

can someone check out/help out with this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2jn9Y02

Was the only way to get Leviathan, Rhowans Crown, Ultos, Tempest and Amatok Procs in one Build.

But I am unhappy with Vulture and Imp (and to alesser extend with Eye, but it seems inevitable…). Is there a way to get those replaced and/or squeeze more points out of it to use them on the 3 half utilized ones (Amatok, Leviathan, Crown)?

1p for you to spend in 2 versions:

1 Like

this is orgasmic!

How did you get that done so quickly?

I’m still poring over my templates here…

Well Vulture is inefficient with its 5 Red for 5 points so you gotta rid of that to get any progress and the only way is to grab other devos with Red that are more efficient (net you 5 affinities for 4 points)

1 Like

yeah, I’m just currently working on THAT overview in my … overview :wink:

Yet still, I’m impressed, you replaced not only vulture, but also Imp and/or Eye with up to FOUR other devos. That is not done off-the-cuff, me think.

If you have some genius secret way of thinking/doing it, please let me know. If it is only ‘experience’, well, please let me know, too :wink:

I’m especially happy with the viper in it now.

So thanx a lot!

Btw, while I am at it: I picked this for the ‘light show’ I sooo love. Am I right in assuming that there is/are some builds centered around this Devo-setup? Not sure how to find exactly them, if they are already there…

Check this setup with full Crown, Amatok and no Crossroads:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gPJlEV

(I’ll try answering the rest of your post a bit later because)

1 Like

no prob, I’ll wait.

Experience - million hours spend in the devotion window :laughing:
Also work on devos with “Ignore Devotion Requirements” setting in Grim Tools - it’s much more comfy.

Not this particular devo setup, usually they are some devos for survival in i.e. Crucible or high SR.
But it absolutely doesn’t mean you cannot play it (also in one of the devo setups above you could take Bat if needed)

I think I would play with Trozan Warlock or Conjurer - good set for hybrid Lightning / Cold character.
https://www.grimtools.com/db/itemsets/97
Occultist Sigil would give you healing

1 Like

That’s reassuring. Yet still, you are a programmer, no?

Yeah, will try that. Read about it several times now, always forget it, when at it…

I like Bat, it’s one of the best Devos, but I will stick to the last setup you sent. The one with full Crown, Amatok and no Crossroads.

I plan this on a conjurer, have plenty of them for respec-Testing available. I only once played a Devastation-Warlock, that… was too quick, I was at LV100 before I could blink.

I am still trying to get the full MysTrozan Set, only got the weapon so far. When I have a full set, I will try again.

Also, what you explained in my ‘devotion planning’ Thread made me think. I saw a lot of devotion-setups with T2 and T3 not fully used, and had to get into it.

So thank you a lot for all your efforts!

1 Like

I like that too, looks kinda cool :slight_smile:

Conjurer can be interesting because

• it compensates not having resistance reduction from Rumor / Widow with his Wind Devils

• also Trozan Hat has even more resistance reduction bonus to Devils
  • Wind Devil / Storm Totems are great devotion proccers which will be useful in your offensive / show-off devotion setup

• Conjurer has many skills so that you can skip Chain Lightning for proccing and kite more

Hopefully you can get the Hat blueprint, then you can craft it and transmute into other pieces

but it has a risk of you not noticing some Affinity requirements :laughing:
happened to me once

Scientific background is not necessary for sure, not all builders have it, it’s just a puzzle at the end of the day :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I have only the non-Myth-Hat Blueprint… but I’m working on it :wink:
Btw, your post reg. Droprates in longrunning games, I totally agree to this. Had the same observations.

Yeah, I have some scifi backgorund myself but not as mathheavy as programming. I think, programming gives a certain view on things which I am still missing. But anyway, I will just ask you then :wink:

I am running the toon currently… not enough CritHit, I will have to work on that… sigh

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVLjvddN
Here’s some other devotion idea.
It’s still pretty effective:

• yes I lost Whirlpool
  • but I have Korvaak which is very cool-looking and boosts OA from node and debuffs OA / DA of your enemies

Because Korvaak’s requirements are easier to meet than Whirlpool I even managed to squeeze in Bat :thinking:
Although you’d need to test with finished toon if you like having 6 devotions to proc
Btw Tsunami is pretty good too.

Ha, I like Korvaak, for my Rainbowbuilds, as it has ‘all damage’ Bonus. But I will continue testing my derecho downburst Toon today :wink:

Some derecho downburst forya!

2 Likes

PS: yes, Tsunami is the only one missing in all of this… as it is directed, i don’t think it relevant, but I will see.

allrighty… so it seems that my toon does not have enough crit and thus not much proc… looks like I have to look into this now… Toon needs to gear up!

1 Like

The Eastern Oath - this seems good for boosting OA

:smile: Oh, I usually ditch that Set, as I see it for Arcanists… but to be frank, with this Devo Setup maybe its time to try the Warlock again.

1 Like