Devotion Sustain Options Discussion

Some of the most recent ones do.

Not my job, I’m not zantai. The fact that A vast majority of builds live by lifesteal is exactly what needs to change. It’s been that way for years.

and I literally see zero problems with it, as it’s the easiest to access way of sustain and suits a lot of builds.
Regen is good on CDR casters or when you can stack it to high values and is a niche way.
So now you look like “I don’t like the meta for put your reasons here, let’s change it”.

5 Likes

That’s literally everyone who suggests anything, be it a good or a bad suggestion :man_shrugging:

Let’s make Dryad op instead :wink:
It gives only 3 yellow, cannot be bind to summons like WD or Totems…

6 Likes

Cut CD to 2 seconds, remove off-theme crap like %phyz resist and %slow resist and add health regen to nodes.
Same can be done to Behemoth - cut the CD , remove armor, add more health regen.

3 Likes

fuck yeah I’ve always wanted that for real. Binding buffs to summons are broken anyway. Bat and phoenix heal/buff thermite mines instead of players.

yeah my bad

1 Like

Then it means health regen should be more available both among gears and devotions. Not every build can take all Behemoth, Harvestman’s Scythe and Tree of Life together to sustain without gear or skill support. And you know that most of the gears and classes don’t have even slight regen bonus. And since our topic is mastery combinations, more regen bonusses to more masteries maybe?

I use dryad to just get the spirit requirement reduce, slow resist and physical resist for pierce/physical builds; for example https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0aO4aZ not a single attribute point spent on spirit. The proc is… just there.

1 Like

I’ve spoken to Rhylthar about Dryad before as well, he’s mentioned that he doesn’t like the amount of ADCtH his Bleed Trickster gets from non-Bleed ADCtH so opts for Dryad. I’ve seen 1-2 Chinese Bleed builds that opt for chunk heals over ADCtH as well.

1 Like

Well I have a Cold Panetti Druid (without ACDTH to Panetti) with Dryad, 40% cooldown and Eternity. I hope it will be enough when I get to test it.

It wont’t since it’s mostly %health recover, there won’t be big heals without proper health values. You might need something else to complement it.

I’m sorry to interrupt, at what point this topic became about some devotions being OP and not about some classes underperform?

All balance topics are intertwined, yes, but it’s too big of a derail. Scales are pretty generic with their convertable base and are accessible to almost all classes equally.

Maybe split the topic into smth like “Scales and leech-providing devotions discussion”? @Zantai, what do you think?

5 Likes

That soulds like a good way to completely gut the constellation. Changing semi-decent nodes to trash like health regen will make sure it’s never taken again.

3 Likes

The only point to ever consider Driad is health regen.

Its nodes are good for phys/pierce builds: slow res, phys resist, and its reduced spirit costs turn into a big chunk of cunning for more damage. Its particularly good on nightblades, since it turns RoS into an instant heal and you get more mileage out of a cunning dump. Health regen doesn’t factor into it at all.

1 Like

Also Wendigo Totem. I calculated them to give 2000 hp / s (1/6 of the bar per second).
But I still probably not enough since Health Regen builds have even more if I remember correctly,
and with ACDTH you seem to fill up your bar in an instant.

Well even if it somehow worked, not every class has Totem.
Would it be ok if Dryad cooldown was lowered? Or combo Dryad + Scales would be too good then?

2 Likes

Ppl always prefer constellation with dmg instead of survivability, proc consumes one attack skill placement too, I think make the proc skill “chance when hit” and gives 4 notes in return instead of 3. Or give it some % all dmg / racial dmg sounds nice.
Come to think of it, why there is a few (only Ulo and Frozen Heart) constellation/component gives - petrify/freeze reduced duration bonus. And noones use them.

Fine but I don’t think changing point returns and skill mechanics are reasonable at this point. When was the last time? I only remember allowing some devotion procs to be bound to more skills.

I think there is a lot of hey-dont-nerf-my-shit argumentation here. Imo Scales is absolutely broken. One devotion that fixes sustain and energy and gives flat RR.

But it’s only a symptom. The real problem is how easy it is to grab “vit to any dmg” gimmick and be immortal.

Lol. Scales, Wendigo, same shit. This is total defensive greed. And it costs close to nothing.

When a CT build with 30k wpn dmg, 16% adcth and extra 6% adcth to CT, being a binder with Aeon, also has access to the best sources of passive sustain in the game (vitality sustain devos) AND still manages to take the key offensive devos with 2.5k% dmg - you really think that’s good balance?

1 Like

It would be more than ok to buff Dryad imo, reducing the CD a little would help making it a viable heal, as well as buffing its proc rate, every build takes 2 (or 3 if elemental that uses Ultos) RR devotions that occupy the best proccers and Dryad gets a mediocre one, effectively increasing its CD. No need to change the nodes, phys and slow res are golden stats.

2 Likes

Yes, because it needs all the things you mentioned. Otherwise, it’s a melee fighter in caster armor with low phys res. How it’s supposed to survive in melee vs. Grava/Reaper/Fabius?