Devotions: A how-to on maximizing them

Consider this alternative: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2ddM0d2

Guardian’s gaze is amazing and probably better by itself IMO.

This would probably be a safer and more sustainable path indeed, especially with 3 constellations that offer AdctH. Then again, not sure if Toad is worth it in this setup, as it doesn’t need any purple. But, what the hell, it’s an easy 16% AdctH just from Devotions, so why not? Especially with the % weapon damage on Guardian and Bat procs. Though 5 procs that trigger on attack is kinda crazy. Still, it could work easily on a Dervish with BS and EmpyrioBros. Sentinels too, with the 2 strong proccers from Occultist.

You can never tell without items :wink:

But I think there’s no room for affliction in any build. I don’t see it. Gaze alone beats it.

Explanation for Bleeding Devotions:

Huntress:
OA, flat bleeding and, most important, Rend! Not only - 32 % Bleeding Resistance but -150 OA shred.

Mogdrogen:
Everything. OA, DA, Resistances, flat and percentage bleeding and a godly procc with massive bleeding damage and DA shred.

Falcon:
One of my favourites. Gives Ascendant and Eldritch and the procc is a nice shotgun with good damage. Great for Leveling, great for kiting (put it on Devouring Swarm or Grasping Vines).

Fox:
Great RoI. 4 points for flat bleeding and 5 Eldritch points.

Unknown Soldier:
A little bit special because it´s difficult (impossible?) to get Manticore, Mogdrogen and Unknown Soldier. If you can skip Manticore (e. g. Trickster with Grasp of Unchained Might, Bleeding Caster (Conjurer with CoF/Archon with Guardians) you get massive bleeding damage and a good damage procc.

Berserker (if using an axe):
Left arm is for bleeding, quite good. Complete constellation gives Eldritch and Chaos on the way to Mogdrogen.

Hawk:
OA + Crit + 3 Eldritch. ´nough said.

Manticore (only optional, if you get other forms of RR):
Acid Spray. And, not to forget, nice 25 % Poison Resistance.

For Bleeding Pets (no clue about pet builds but there new items for bleeding pet builds in FG) I think the new Nighttalon devotion is specially for them.

Yo rhylthar

Firstly, thanks for the write-ups!

Secondly, I have a question on bleed builds…Say I go for a bleed based savagery build with bloodrager’s…where does most of the damage come from? Physical? Bleed?

If it’s bleed, then why use it on an autoattack? How do you stack different sources of bleed damage?

It’s something which has always confused me

Short answer: WPS and other skills. Savagery as LMB-skill, then there are a lot of WPS (Trickster) and skills like Devouring Swarm, Rend, CoS…

If you want to play a Bleeding build…I have one saved. :wink:

Everyone has such one saved (instead of spank, ofc) :smiley:
One of the funniest build in game, especially with reflecting mobs :slight_smile:
Strange, that you never played bleeding.

One of the funniest build in game, especially with reflecting mobs

Don´t mention it. :eek:

After 1.500 hours I learned to see Reflective enemies. Happens only rarely nowadays. And Ib think IT is worse. :wink:

I just don’t understand the mechanic, and the items for bleed never excited me.

CHAOS damage on the other hand…:stuck_out_tongue:

If that’s the case (though I’m not so sure why it’s specifically for 2H), maybe something else needs to be better.
Though that’s not really the point of the thread.
I can see the bleeding problem, though - I’d personally prefer just cycling 3 skills for it as opposed to a main attack and WPS - just strikes me as odd to play a DoT build the same as autoattack.

If you nerf DG, 2H lose out on that massive 10% AS, something they desperately need.

Have to add something to my Bleeding Trickster build…for some people Bleeding still seems a mystery. :stuck_out_tongue:

You should make a post on it! Bleed damage is one of the more underrepresented damage types.

Did it…including a Level Guide for both builds…pressed “Submit”…505…:frowning:

Tomorrow then.

:confused:

Sorry mate…

Oh crap. I always make a backup in Word before I submit a long entry here.

In 9 of 10 times. Was No. 10.

Well, I remember most things. Too tired now but tomorrow I will add a few things. :slight_smile:

Maybe the internet gods do want you to withhold information. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not much important information, just some thoughts. :wink:

Can´t sleep, so added them.

Im Still Tweaking my Paladin Cold Soulrend, if you guys can give me some tips, ideais, feedback etc (maybe focusing more on devotions, or even itens, components, augments etc)

obs: updated the link with some changes