Devotions: A how-to on maximizing them

Alright. It’s FINALLY DONE.

Devotions for shields + Devotion-binding sections have been added.

The one last thing is for me to write up on retaliation related devotions, but I’m still waiting for more experienced players than I am to shed some light on this issue.

The last thing I want is to spread misinformation.

You sorry lot better be thankful for the trouble I went through to do this. :smiley:

Clearly the work of a forum elitist snob that wants to hide information away from the regular players :rolleyes:

That’s exactly why I hid all this information with spoiler boxes.

No one will ever find it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope, from the bottom of my heart that someone will reply in your thread here and say “this guide is empty” :rolleyes:

What would be more fitting would be this,

sigh…this is another example of the laziness…etc etc etc

Hey spanks, I don’t have the right font to read this guide, all I see are boxes. :cry: Can you redo this whole thing in comic sans for me?

:stuck_out_tongue:

I think the thing which buggered me most was the post icon he used on one of his replies (it’s the same one in the top left hand corner of this reply).

I saw it and was like, ‘Wow. You’re hella vindictive, aren’t you.’

Thanks for this. Its awesome

Awesome guide!Crate added new sources for RR and probably for some builds devotion routes and priorities are changed too.

Gonna have to update this since scales of ulcama has changed vit devos so much

@nery: Was just about to comment on that.

With scales, you can now get both DG, Rattosh, and bottom 3 nodes of obelisk!!! :rolleyes:

Yes,that sounds great.In my Opressor bottom three nodes provide extra survivability and with Scales I think vitality casters will became even more tankier and RR is cherry on top.

I’ve always liked Scales, but it was one of those devotions that were just that much less than you felt justified in investing the points in–I actually specced it like you have it there, with Rattosh and 3 nodes of Obelisk, etc this very morning when I was trying to figure out how to do an AAR warlock with the Clairvoyant set. I’m trying to make on my own (since there are no builds up yet,and the thread about the chaos warlock seemed to end in doom) so it will suck, but I’ll have fun while it lasts.:stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for this guide–read it before the patch and will reread again when you update.

IT’S FINALLY BEEN UPDATED. Please comment in the thread any mistakes I may have made.

3 Likes

LIES! NEEDS MOAR PETS! MOOOAAARRR!!!

2 Likes

Poor Tempest. My Lightning TSS with crazy CDR uses it with chariot to great effect - but yeah, usually shit.

1 Like

I use Tempest too. But what makes it usable it’s CDR from Star Pact. Without it Ultos+Spear it’s lot better.

Still Tempest route it’s more versatile but devotion might need slight buff.

1 Like

Even in the perfect build for tempest Spear has almost the same performance. I agree it needs a buff

I know nery will disagree with me, but I’m pretty sure eldritch dun & dying god > tempest :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

A very helpful article. It would be great if you could extend “Picking the right skills to bind devotions to” section with explanations, in which cases the weapon damage part on devotion proc will be either lost at all or scaled with pet/pseudopet damage rather than main hand weapon damage. For example, it can be critical in case of Twin Fang for non-vitality and non-pierce casters, since its proc becomes almost useless in this case. I have spent almost 1200 hours in this game, but still do not understand this piece well.

Even if you are non-vita / pierce dmg character you still benefit from 22% main hand damage on Twin Fang. From which 45% ADCtH is calculated.