Diablo 1 & 2 designer joins Crate team

Wow! So grim dawn will become even better! Welcome aboard eric hyboreal :smiley:

Holy Crap…the guy that added all the cool stuff to Diablo…
well now this great game is getting even better.
didn’t knew that was even possible :open_mouth:

You guys really don’t disappoint with your announcements, diablo 1,2 were part of my childhood, so I guess I owe you a lot Hyboreal. And Now you are involved in my next favorite game since d1,d2 I am not sure how to express my happiness, but i’ll start with saying I’m glad you are on board. So Welcome!!! Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Welcome to the family!

crate is becoming a rpg force to be reckon with! Rock on, and welcome aboard!

holy crap!

crate has some of the most devoted fans, and we welcome you :slight_smile:

that picture looks so detailed, so organic and natural, I could picture that place existing in real life

the colors, the placement of objects, the height differences, the eerie “death” sort of feel, very nice

did Eric do this?

Ave Eric, morituri te salutant.

Welcome to the Crate Team Eric/Hyborea! I look forward to your work on Grim Dawn!

This is the awesome new. :slight_smile:

Great news to hear, I do have to admit that I never played d1 and d2. But it sounds like your a great asset to Grim Dawn, so welcome aboard and can’t wait to see what you got in store for us.
It’s so satisfying to see Grim Dawn growing info a better game with each update.

I’m hoping for more quests that change the looks of an area like in devils crossing. (like the fabric quest)

Well, with due respect to motivation and enthusiasm… but, I have to say the tenor of some of the comments here sounds a tad dismissive towards the former devs…

Excellent news and hope the development continues forward without issue.

great news, i loved d1 and d2!

I see what you are saying, however what you see as being dissmissive towards the devs I see more of as a triumph for the devs. As far as marketing for Grim Dawn goes, how can you better attract your target market than have developers from Titan Quest,Kingdoms of Amalur, Diablo 1,2, and Borderlands 2? It’s like the Avengers coming together to bring a can of whoop a**.Diablo 3 sold over 1 million pre-orders on the reputation on diablo 2. I think we all know how great a job the devs have been doing,

However it shows more than just that, it shows that Crate is succeeding and attracting more and more truly talented people to work on an amazing product. It is especially exciting to me since I have been following since 2010 and having seen the team grow from 1.5 people to now 9,10? With this announcement it will do nothing but shine more light on them (that they undoubtedly deserve) and broaden their hope of true success for a very foreseeable future for Crate.

I’m deeply honored to be apart of this legendary community.

Welcome, Eric/Hyboreal! Glad to have you aboard! Good job with Diablo-/Borderlands 2 by the way, I guess I’m a fan of your work. :wink:

In before this.

1 Like

Yes Yes it is exactly like that! :smiley:

That’s really nice to have him aboard! I liked a lot D1/d2/Borderlands! Awesome!!! :smiley:

Welcome aboard Eric!(Hyboreal) Thank God we have someone who worked on D1 and D2 to work on the Real D3 AKA Grim Dawn!

Now please encourage the team to get working on my Smiteadin :wink: (Shield Mastery)