Diablo 4 - no more rainbow shiny bullshit

This is why I mention the need for a large battlefield for such bosses or events.

Should a boss appear in the area whether it’s in the middle, top, sides or bottom you need to have other objectives show up during the fight in areas that the boss didn’t appear in. Initially players might mob the boss but if notifications or visual cues show you that “Oh hey the boss is regaining health really fast and there are these odd Green Orbs floating across the battleground being absorbed by said boss - maybe I should check things out” that could help split people up.

Perhaps in another area you are having swarms of little enemies attacking from the side. They keep appearing so hmm… perhaps something is summoning them? Perhaps the boss gains a buff during the fight because an enemy is increasing it’s defensive or offensive capabilities? Or maybe just have the boss use certain abilities if there are a ton of players clumping around - telegraphed attacks.

Maybe players could use a key, the mouse or a microphone to somehow convey where they are going and so on.

Loot should have a large radius for it’s drop to apply to those who might not be actually fighting the boss and it would be split accordingly per player.

2 Likes

So much hate on Blizz and Diablo franchise. I understand that. Start of Diablo 3 was one of the biggest fails in gaming history for me due to crashing servers, unable to connect for several days, etc.

I gave it up with Blizzard and gave my acc and all of my games to my friend and lost interrest in this company.
New D4 announcement, the trailer and gameplay video just hooked me up and I am looking forward which path D4 will be going.
Just reminder PoE is also online only and nobody flame the game for it. I have no issue if D4 will be online only if servers will be stable and opened 24/7/365.
D4 will be much like PoE. At towns You will see other players same as in PvP areas and at world bosses, but standard pve areas will not be much crowded with other players according to devs.
Devs plans skill points and tallent trees.
From this perspective game seems to have much of a tools I expected from D3.
Its too early to say anything and release date is like 2-4 years away, so everything can change.

Edit: And I forgot runes and maybe even runewords should be back too :slight_smile:

Sure they do. It’s a one of the bigger reasons I don’t play the game (alongside that “stat tree” of theirs). But that’s another conversation plus GGG hasn’t existed long enough and done enough bonehead moves to accrue the necessary temperature for a good flame.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Blizzard announced a “brand new, revolutionary gameplay feature” where you can mix and match your class to create a totally “brand new, never seen before” gameplay experience.

Blizzard is famous for nabbing ideas from other games instead of coming up with their own.

Myself I am hoping people will not be bought by the Blizzard Cinematic (because they always look pretty good) and “proposed” gameplay.

Hopefully people won’t make the mistake of pre-ordering the game and instead wait a week or two after release to see youtube gameplay videos and youtube reviews because Review Websites will almost always be heavily biased one way or another.

Remember Diablo 3. Remember how that Gameplay Video and PVP Video were completely false. Remember the crappy drop rate, ridiculous enrage timers on Elites, the shoddy Dialogue where bosses told you how to kill them, Sheablo, Real Money Auction House, Imbalanced PVP “Brawl” Mini Map, Deckard Cain dying from Butterfly Effect, etc… etc… etc…

And most importantly remember that Diablo 1&2 came from Blizzard North and not Blizzard South. Blizzard South may have learned from Diablo 3 but in the end I think Blizzard is too closely infected with Activision’s greed and company first mantra as opposed to making good games and being for the players.

Remain Skeptical.

2 Likes

I heavily doubt they will go for a Dual Class System like TQ and GD.

One good thing that I saw from gameplay videos is since the game is rather basic it will be easier to play hybrid builds as opposed to Diablo 2. Like playing a Druid who’s skills revolve around the Werewolf Skills, a bit of summoning and maybe some Earth Magic. The way the combat flowed you could shift from Druid to Werewolf or Werebear pretty nicely which is a large improvement from D2.

edit: Grim Dawn trying to make a Hybrid build involving Pets is far more restrictive then what I saw with D4 gameplay video as an example.

I loved the cinematic actually - and the fact that they are going back to a “skill point” system. Unfortunately, that likely isn’t going to be enough to bring me in at this point.

What I don’t love is the MMO-leanings and the fact that they said this about the skill system:

GamesBeat: Can you explain the skills system?

Kim: Skill points are very different compared to the talent tree. You have your skills and you start with one. As you level up, you’ll be earning one or more skill points to spend, and currently the max rank on a skill is 15. You can choose to use your skill points that you have earned to unlock brand new skills, or to rank up existing skills. If you’re putting points into, say, the Barbarian shout skill you see in the demo, at the beginning it’s pretty simple and maybe short duration that affects all your party members, but as you put in more ranks, it gets more powerful.

Maybe the radius goes up a bit. Maybe you start unlocking new types of things, like you go unstoppable, so you’re immune to CCs once you use it. That’s how that works. What’s interesting about this one is the skill point system is a permanent choice. You can’t redo them. Whereas the talent tree, you can redo those points any time you want.

GamesBeat: That’s a big consequence.

Kim: It’s mostly to make the choices you make a bit more meaningful. When you’re leveling up, especially, you won’t have too many skill points to play around with. You do have to be very careful with what you put in, where you put your skill points. But at the same time, in the end endgame, if you really want to invest in your character, you’ll be able to max out all the skills eventually.

That last bit there - sounds horrible and kinda kills build customization across the board. Unless they think the separate talent tree and focus on unique Legendary items is enough to counter that poor decision, I dunno.

2 Likes

D4 will be nothing like path of exile man, we have seen gameplay already and seen people play i mean come on. It will be like diablo 3 with the exception that skills you use will be up-gradable which makes its slightly more like diablo 2 but i mean only that. I will be bigger sure. But thats just because diablo 3 was rather small in areas. The engine didn’t look very impressive to me and as I didn’t like diablo 3 much i doubt ill be a fan of d4. But i would like to be surprised and maybe there will be some endgame decision which we can’t see yet cause they are still balancing.

During Blizzcon I’ve seen some clueless people praising D4 for the seamless world without load screens (except when you enter a dungeon).

That’s something other ARPGs already did years ago… Grim Dawn for example :wink:
But taking inspiration from the best games in the genre is a good thing, I won’t blame Blizzard for that.

I know a few people who are already hyped and will most certainly pre-order ASAP.
I keep telling those kinds of people that they are legitimating crappy AAA games (like Todd Howard said: “It’s not how you launch, it’s what it becomes”) with that behavior but they won’t listen. I shall keep bombarding them with Jim Sterling videos until they do.

1 Like

Yes the cinematic was good and having Lilith could be really good if they have the dialogue, writing and story to back her character up. My only issue was with the babbling scholar character who only reminded me of Deckard Cain and when he was treated so poorly that made me think of Deckard Cain being treated badly by Leah and given a stupid death. I did like the subtle showing of him being corrupted by Pasty Face when it came to shadows moving from Pasty Face and across to Babbler.

Maxing out all skills is still better then Diablo 3. If it takes ages to do it then I would be alright. I would also be fine if there was a rare commodity that dropped which could make small respec changes with increasing costs to a limited degree.

If people want absolute permanency then I would suggest a server that caters to that idea while also making sure people can’t have stupid names for characters in that server as well. Because with the MMO aspect or just in general Multiplayer you will be sure to find names like “FreeKingKong” and what not.

I’ve bought games on day one of release or even Early Access games (Grim Dawn / Deep Rock Galactic) but in the case of Diablo 4 you have the history of Diablo 3 to look back on with fond memories and Actizzard’s greedy china politicking ways.

Does Diablo 4 LOOK good? In some ways sure. But I still won’t pre-order or buy it on day one of release because Blizzard was inept in making/releasing Diablo 3, Blizzard is greedy and lies, Activision is involved, China is involved, and it’s from a AAA producer which usually means it will be coated with slime and other foul contagious bodily fluid. Some AAA games are good and some AAA companies/developers are good but they are rare.

1 Like

Okay okay okay

But anyone confirm it’s actually on PC?

:rofl:

Seriously though what I’m most interested in is if it’s the same people in the team as D3 and how much creative freedom they got from their evil corporate overlords.

I wish Crate adds rainbows and bright colorful areas in a future update. It would be nice place to meme around and a relaxing haven to unwind from all the grim and dark vibes of Cairn. Edge of Reality is always dark and gritty, how bout an alternate universe that resembles paradise where we fight colorful childish shiny toys and animals. No blood gore . Anyone want something like this?

No. :nauseated_face:

the oasis and verdant refuge in korvan lands is what you asked. those oasis are peaceful, rainbow-y, lush sanctuary to unwind from everything grim in cairn (the oasis musics also fits the atmosphere). those oasis are the elysium of grim dawn.

you are probably right. Although the oasis is kinda cramped as it is but the new dungeon is hinting to touch some of that areas. So excited!!!

So long as it’s not cartoony like d3, I’ll definitely be getting this game.

If you are interested in getting the game I would still highly recommend waiting a bit after release to see how it actually is and to get past all the problematic bugs / crashes and so on.

I mean… if you want to pre-purchase or buy on day one that is completely up to you of course :wink: