Different RPGs atm.

Good day!

I’m playing different RPGs every now and then, but GD is really taking a lot of my time through farming and grinding, no hate though, loving it.(cheers to the devs)

Whenever my wife is available, we play Divinity:Original Sin, just starting out though. We’re loving it, the humour, gameplay, strats, etc.

Moreover, I am still playing a few games here and there just to sate my longing to play them again. Since I am really hoping to see a remake in the modern style of gaming of the ff:

• Brigandine(PSX)
  • Final Fantasy Tactics(PSP/PSX)
  • Tactics Ogre(PSP)(One of the best IMO)

I’ve played more, but these guys make me coming back for more. Also playing FO:NV, having a blast. I am not that much of a fan for Modding games though, but I love Skyrim as is.

Nice. A Final Fantasy fan :). Did you ever play FfXI or FFXIV? They are easily the most played games for me, and the best I think. The world, story, gameplay and of course the top notch music! I understand lots of people are turned off by MMO but it is a shame to miss out on all of that high quality content. Vanilla Ffxi experience can be acquired on private servers like Nasomi, and ffxiv is still going strong. The crafting in ffxiv is very enjoyable and really hooked me, something I never thought possible. Lots of good memories and nostalgia from epic fights like this one: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=csDO9seFLdM

Tactics ogre and Ff tactics are both great. Also good and similar in style is the “The Legend of Heroes” series. I only tried cold steel but it was good.

I have played every single FF title except for XI and XIV since they are online. Never tried though, but I am liking to play XIV, although only one reason is keeping me- “monthly subscription”. I don’t have that much time in my hands anymore unlike the olden days, so I think the Monthly Subscription won’t be taken advantage.

There are a lot of OST in FF that still keep me nostalgic after listening to it a thousand times. I even have some in my phone and even my Alarm in the morning is FF8- The Man with the Machine Gun. But, no offense, the best OST as of now for me would be Bloodborne’s Fight Theme for Ludwig Boss (2nd Phase), this one really topped all my favourite FF OST.

Also, the OST that kept keeping me calm is Monster Hunter’s Pokke Theme Village.

If you didn’t know, you can play FFXIV for free indefinitely up to level 35 (which restricts access to original areas). After you reach level 35 you may decide you don’t like it enough to warrant purchase+sub. If you did like it then at lvl 35 it wouldn’t take much longer to complete the original story at lvl 50 at the very least. I personally would consider purchase + short-term sub from lvl 35+ onward to be worthwhile for the story alone, it shouldn’t take that many hours of gameplay over a few months to complete. At any time you can always suspend/cancel the sub too, and come back later to continue when time is more permitting.

FFXI on private server like Nasomi is much cheaper of course and has no sub, but FFXI is a less user friendly game and doesn’t give much guidance with in-game cues where to go etc. The community is helpful though and the forums are active to get help.

Thanks for some of the inputs. I’ll see if I can dedicate some time for it. As of now, my time is dedicated in spending gaming time with my wife. A lot of it also consists of my daily routine. Ugh, growing old.

My largest hours poured into one MMORPG would be Ragnarok. Ah, good ol’ days.

Tactics Ogre is my favorite RPG of all time, but the PSX version.

Do you want any RPG, just ARPG, just RPG or other RPGs? If you go for just RPG, Gothic/Risen/ELEX are nice, haven’t played Risen 2, 3 and ELEX yet, but I can assure you Piranha Bytes always focus on story and gameplay (although, in Risen 1 gameplay isn’t as good as in Gothic 1 and 2, I don’t count Gothic 3 because it’s finished in like 60% because their partner forced them to release it at this stage), and very rarely on graphics. You might feel like playing trash when starting Gothic or Risen, but after a little it starts to roll, just like a snowball, first it’s shitty and you don’t want it, but if you keep on playing with it it gets bigger and better. :slight_smile:

It is also one of mine. Ever tried - Brigandine, Legend of Forsena? It is also one of those games that stuck with me since childhood from my PSX.

Gothic and Risen are titles that kept coming up whenever I try to search what games to play. Especially for the passed few months where I stumbled upon Grim Dawn being one of the best. I haven’t tried those, but they are also strongly recommended by a lot of people.

So something is trying to tell you to finally play these. :stuck_out_tongue:

Only holdback is my time. I have a lot that I invest into. Of course, business and family is priority. If ever I have more extra, I’ll give it a shot. Should I play the first ones first?

I’d start with Elex since it’s the newest of them. Game is pretty difficult early game tho, so might not be for everyone. I only played the first Risen game but found Elex to be a lot better.

Expedition: Vikings was alot of fun
as was Spellforce 3
Kingdoms of Amalur was another game I enjoyed a lot.

Immortal Unchained comes out September 7th
And September 25th Pathfinder: Kingmaker comes out

If you like JRPG then on Spetember 4th you can get Dragon Quest XI

Gothic 1 and 2 with NOTR expansion are probably best games from original PB staff. Replayed it many times. Only the passing of time had reduced the graphic quality, but nothing else. Similar how it is with Diablo 1 and 2, you can only copy it, but most of the times it ends like a bad remix of a classic song.

I see. I don’t mind old graphics since I grew up playing those kinds of games. I’ll see what I can do about it. I did play Diablo 2 though.

Elex, huh? I’ll check it out, too. I also saw Kingdoms of Amalur, it was pretty interesting. I don’t mind if it is difficult, that’s half of the fun.

This Summer lots of Dark Souls/Bloodborne. Recently got back into Dark Souls 2. For whatever reason, I am enjoying it a lot more than when I first played in back in release.

I hop into Titan Quest: Ragnarok every now and then too.

I’ve finished every single Souls game. Best for me would be Bloodborne, hands down.

Based on what I know of it, it would be my favorite too… IF I COULD PLAY IT ON PC. :furious::furious:

I started playing Dragon’s Dogma and am getting into it. It’s pretty fun but can be kinda difficult if you walk into the wrong area…

Yeah, it could be difficult. It has a fairly decent learning curve especially if you play it blindly first. Which I of course recommend. Late game is where you’ll realize you have to create a new character. But, when you get the hang of it, you can easily make your character OP based on your class and setup.