Divinity Orignal Sin 2

Release day! Though it seems where Larian is located is suffering from power outages, but I think they will get it all released. Steam has it marked as released.

See their latest Kickstarter video: Kickstarter Update #44: Release Day.

playing with the DM tools for a bit now. Won’t play co-op till saturday so have to be bit more patient

I have a few friends who have been playing it all morning and they say it’s absolutely stunning. Not to mention it doesn’t have a $60 price tag, I may be picking it up soon, but I’d like to wait until I find out if they’ve dumbed anything down, cut content, or where they’ve made improvements.

How is 2 compared to the original? I played some of OS1 for a bit, never got very far though.

Great game from a great studio! I will definitely buy it soon!

Count me right the fuck in on this one lol. Original sin was amazing and I been anticipating this one a bit. I don’t normally play this style these days but this one is the exception. Way to good to miss. They really did an amazing job on the combat and the interactions with the environment and other characters is pretty top notch too.

Wonder if we will get to booby trap the hell out of big fights in this one. I literally wiped some of the rougher fights in the last one by just booby trapping the entire area before triggering the fight then just one fireball right at the start and BOOM fire EVERYWHERE lol.

Def to much fun to miss.

I picked it up right before work tonight. Never played the first one but everyone seems to be raving about it so figured I’d give it a go. Should be all downloaded and waiting for me (22 gigs) when I get home in a few hours so I’ll give it a fair shot this weekend.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

From what I’ve seen with the Early Access and their updates, they not only have added more difficulty through some top-notch AI for the braves - that uses elemental effects and combination of spells to their advantages, but they also added more contents through the origin stories, and added spell-crafting, gave more incentive to item crafting as well.

I must admit, I haven’t played the full release yet, but am really itching to come back home and play it. Hopefully I can complete the game before GDX comes out ! I honestly doubt it, as I am not extremely good at tactical micro-management but still likes to play games on maximum difficulty. So I usually get wrecked a lot :o

I personally loved throwing treasure chests filled with oil barrels at bosses. 14,000 damage in one throw was always fun to watch.

Been playing with some mates from my dota years. It’s a lot of fun in multiplayer, “co-op” campaign and ffa arena included. I don’t believe we’re especially far in the campaign yet so don’t spoil anything, but if anyone wants to party up sometime, let me know! It’s great fun with friends.

Semi-thread related (in a roundabout way): Was watching some YT vids of the GM Mode for D:OS2 when this caught my eye…
D&Diesel with Vin Diesel (Extended Version)

…I’d heard that Vin Diesel was a big D&D nerd before so consider my curiosity peaked. Turned out to be well worth the click and an entertaining watch. The GM was an excellent actor. Very immersive.

God-tier DM. :open_mouth:

Been playing Tactician mode today. Man the combat is infuriating, more then being challenging. I am aware of Larian’s odd way of making the game difficult early on and then getting progressively easier as you get godly.

The concept of Armor and having to break it down before you can even start to CC and have some form of battlefield control… Not a fan at this point in time. Alongside of that opponents also seem to have access to higher tier skills then the player. And they have insane amounts of armor/hp as well. All those elements add to things being very unfair and luck based then it is skill based.

Opponents can burst damage you down. You can not CC them. Creating fog to lower chance to hit has minimal effect. All and all very frustrating since the game gives little to no means to mitigate incoming attacks. Even Xcom gives you at least flashbangs that actually work at lvl1…other then hit opponents till their cover breaks… and then having to take down their huge HP pools before they kill you in 6-7 hits. Then you get opponents that seem to be getting so many AP’s that they can just kill a character in a single round without you being unable to prepare or mitigate anything in the early part of the game.

I somewhat expected things to be hard and challenging, as per previous game, but this is just ridiculous. It is such a slogfest. And no i’m not going down in difficulty, because then you get the other opposite of no real challenge. And no matter how good of a story i can’t play games without challenging tactical combat.

Well in original Divinity the only relaible way to survive early game was summons+long range atacks with sticky ground, or barels abuse. I havent finished it, cause combat was rather boring, and writing just awful >_>

Curious, is anyone trying to do a tanky/melee character? I keep hearing it’s shit and when I tried it it was shit. The only melees that I’ve seen be successful are rogues.

Personally maining archers/casters for the most part so far.

Ive tried, but deleted it after 5 reloads >_> Summoner is the way to go =)

Our party is:

my custom - Undead Dwarf Warrior Tank (Warfare/Geomancy)
Lohse - Archer (Ranged Bow/Metamorph stuff)
His custom - Drow Elf (hydromancy/something i forgot)
Sebbile - Rogue (Scoundrel/metamorph/Aerothurge)

Not sure how i’ll develop my Tank. Thing is… He might suck, but he’s the only one always surviving. On Tactician the AI goes straight for the Drow and Lohse totally ignoring the Tank. And seeing I haven’t got access to any form of Taunt ability it makes it worse. Still being able to dish decent damage to take down armour together with Lohse in fast pace. Then the backstabber can do big crits on HP and/or turn stuff into chicken as CC.

Problem is that mages/ranged don’t have a lot of armor/hp so they die real fast to almost anything.

The whole concept of tactical fights isn’t really a thing in the early levels. It just takes too long to get the protection of opponents down. So the few control abilities you do have are meaningless. In DoS1 I charged in and there was a chance opponents would fall over and be knocked down for a round if you were lucky. In DoS2 that skill is useful to clear distance and that is it. The armour absorbs the knockdown meaning opponents will stay upright. By the time your CC abilities do become useful you’re half way the fight and your defences/HP have already been taken down substantially. No chance in hell you can win early fights without major cheese. No tactics involved, just cheese and that is some really bad design.

I finished DOS but I am finding this one too unforgiving/unfair. I am playing in classic mode and I am having a HARD TIME in combats. To be honest, there are lot of crap abilities (which you happen to realise only after you have selected them). As has also been said, having to reduce two kind of armors (physical, magical), before being able to inflict real damage is a PITA. And opponents always seem to have more advantages that your party.

I have also found that magic AOEs are quite annoying because they tend to do more harm than good (specially to your party members).

1H weapons seem to suck too.

I think I am restarting in Explorer mode.

Looking forward to playing through the second one. The first one was a fantastic cRPG with great lore, good voice acting and an overall well done combat/gameplay experience. I played through it in co-op with my gf and both of us loved it to bits. And from what I’ve heard, the second one only improves on everything there was in the first game.

You only need to do reduce out one, assuming you’re consistent with your damage types. Or you can use Piercing Damage and bypass all armor types completely.

Want to annihilate any enemy in the game? Rupture Tendon + Chicken Form. :smiley:

My co-op party is about to finish the first Act. We’re running a tank, a caster, and two DPS builds - a rogue and a ranger (me). I’m super enjoying my character and would probably reroll it identically should I ever do another campaign (though, in hindsight, I don’t think I’d roll a lizard. I think human would be better for my purposes); having two teleports and immense range/damage makes for a very elusive mortar that can also do some useful utility.