DLC Startquest Bug?

I played a new char in hc and after act 1 finished and act 2 halfway i realized the i don’t got the FG startquest: A Stranger Beckons. Ö.ö

I that intentional that new chars don’t get the dlc starterquests? Lorewise is that a Bug.

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Did you go back to Devil’s Crossing and see if the Emissary is outside the prison gates waiting to talk to you?

Yes he stands at the Gate and i can talk to him but i don’t get the Quest to talk to him. I’m a bit confused. =) Maybe it’s a minor thing but not for me.

You’ve killed Warden Kreig? Try verifying the game files and make sure all your drivers are up to date.

Yes. Files checked and drivers too. I have found an explanation on the Wiki under quests. There are 3 Quests that start only for old char’s.

Can you finish the base game without killing the Warden?

Maybe that’s my inner Roleplayer who is bugged by that but i hate missing Quests on a Playthrough.

But you said this is a new character. And you haven’t played through the base game only with it since you said you were only part way through Act 2.

Yes he is new but created after the installation of the dlc’s. In my understanding only vanilla char’s get the quest’s (pre-dlc) and the (post dlc) char’s dosn’t. See why i’m confused about that?

All my old char’s got the quest’s, they are from vanilla pre AoM. The new one don’t have gotten the A Stranger Beckons quest so i thought it is a bug firstly.

Wait, I don’t get it? You talk to the Emissary, accept his offer, and after that a portal to Korvan Basin appears. No quest is given to you automatically after killing Krieg.

Yes, this quest is what happens with new characters after you’ve installed the expansions, not the other one.

@XandeRoot

If i log in with an old char who killed the Warden (before FG was released) and finished the quest he get’s A Stranger Beckons quest on log in.

My new char (with FG already installed) don’t get the A Stranger Beckons quest after killing the Warden and finished the quest.

@medea_fleecestealer

Yes. And because of my highly memorising brain i was missing the prequest so i thought it is a bug. =)
All my other chars are old ones pre AoM, FG so they got the quest. Only my new one not that was my confusion.

But why i get : Return to Inquistor Creed after relog when i finshed the vanilla questline
and i don’t get: A Stranger Beckons after relog when i finished the act 1 questline?

My point is that i find it inconsistent in terms of gameflow and it takes a way a part of the story.

Is it possible to move the topic to the right subforum? Because its not a real bug.

It’s just a way for characters that were made for FG to be able to get the Emissary so they can start that expansion. New characters don’t need it if you have FG installed before you make them. Just think of it as 2 different quests depending on when the character was created. I guess there may be something similar when the new expansion is released so old characters can unlock that expansion.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.