Do 2H Ranges crossbows builds perform poorly - don't see many of them around

Was thinking to try out a 2H ranged build using Silverbolt or one of the other 2H crossbow weapons but there doesn’t seem to be many options. Builds using them aren’t very current (as far as I can find).
Are there any recent build examples that can do all content reasonablely well. Not high end SR or Crucible runs. Interested in defeating Celestials (10 mins or less as a guide) without too much kiting and keyboard piano playing. Don’t care which class or type of damage. Can anyone point me in the direction of builds out there (preferably 1.1.6.2). Thanks !

Lokarr or Ravager? :stuck_out_tongue:

All of them … but not in the same place and time though - that would contravene social distancing rules. I don’t want to get ticketed :crazy_face:

1 Like

You have too high goals :stuck_out_tongue: Have you killed Crate of Entertainment with ANY build yet?

Like “do they perform poorly?” vs “my goal is to kill all celestials” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I get wiped by Crate every time so far. Almost before I start. My “poorly” phrase comes from an apparent lack of builds using crossbows. I’m guessing no-one uses them because they just don’t pack much punch above a certain point. That should probably set off the alarm bells there and then, but I’m an optimist that there’s something out there. Maybe one with a hidden property that no-one has noticed too. :grinning:

I’m not sure on the build’s performance outside of Crucible but it does use a crossbow

1 Like

Harbinger is great weapon too, you can go Deciever or Pyromancer with it. I even made Purifier for… I don’t know what reasons :smile:

Also one of the best builds is Northern Wyrm Infiltrator and there are few casting crossbows like Quillthrower or Solael’s Devourer.

1 Like

I’d consider celestials targets much more high end and/or specialized than crucible or SR65-75 range, personally.

Going to revisit runebinder crossbow this weekend with partial valdun set, quick test looked nice and should be SR65+ capable.

Precisely. Don’t care about SR or CR much. Send a GrimTools link along when your comfortable with the build ! And thanks everyone for the other tips and suggestions. Gives me something to chew on !

But then we are talking about casters, and not 2H ranged per se. No idea if that is what thread author was interested in.

1 Like

Well ideally it would be a 2H ranged given the weapon I’m musing about. I only have a few hundred hours in the game so I consider I’m still learning and experimenting with builds (other people’s since I’m chicken s$%^t scared to try building my own atm) so a caster isn’t totally out of the picture. I haven’t found a total sweet spot yet but my preference is ranged character, no piano playing, and royally sticking it to all celestials, especially Crate and AoM someday :grinning:

1 Like