Do "Reduced Target's Resistances" debuffs lower Slow Resistance?

Hello,

I wanted to ask a question about slow resist reduction mechanics.

There are a couple devotions that provide flat reduction of target’s resistances (presumably all of them) and a few more items that grant abilities that do the same (e.g. Black Star). Do these lower Slow Resistance? Asking to assess the viability of a “-*% speed” debuff-centered build when facing bosses with very high slow resistance.

afaik %reduced or flat reduced resist does not affect CC res in any way, nor slow resist, nor %hp reduct resist, or any other resist than regular dmg types resist

Hmm, if that is the case is there any way to reduce slow resist at all? Specifically asking for Ult bosses with 90-100% slow resist, I am out of ideas for how to slow them down even a little.

Not really, but you could try debuffs like fumble…which reduces attacks on average, but…doesn’t really help if you are trying to outrun or kite. Movement skills can help in that case, though.

devs dont’ like the idea of player being able to CC bosses, much less übers
easy way to see this is how you need a fully dedicated set to even make a potential CC skill work, and then still doesnt’ work on 100% all bosses, ie mageslayer for flash freeze and rimetongue for bladtrap

2 Likes

correction, mageslayer trash freeze and rimeongue blade blop :crazy_face:

1 Like

actually the 2 strongest sets/builds in teh game if you go by gimmicks and not “all content” :grin:
rimetongue is the fastest cruci clearer atm i think?
and mageslayer is teh highest solo SR clearer i think, obv with fishing and stuff since Moosi is insta reset

1 Like

Thank you for the replies. I suppose I will have to reconsider the build for very high level content.

One more thing though, does anybody know if slow resists only reduce the duration of the slow effect, or it’s magnitude (or maybe both)? If it’s only duration there may still be some merit in assigning a powerful slowing proc to a fast ticking ability like AAR, even against enemies with 90% slow resist (obviously not 100%).

magnitude
if it was only duration it would be basically useless since you could just keep refreshing slow effects then